Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2021, 11:30 AM

26,490 posts, read 15,066,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
If someone at a range handed me a revolver ( like Baldwin says happens ),then said it's cold and I turned and shot at someone 10 feet away and killed them...You can bet your life on the fact I would have been arrested and in the Can.and not travelling out of state to Vermont to ski then another state New York.to eat out and shop and plead my case in an active investigation to. National audience.
Yep and as a producer he is responsible in part for how the set functioned.

Wasn't it caught on film? Release the video.

Old 12-06-2021, 11:33 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Yep and as a producer he is responsible in part for how the set functioned.
Not according to Lane Luper who worked on the "Rust" set and said Baldwin was there basically as an actor only

SOURCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Wasn't it caught on film? Release the video.
The Sheriff in New Mexico has said no such video exists. They were rehearsing the scene.

Last edited by Joe the Photog; 12-06-2021 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: Corrected state from Texas to New Mexico

Old 12-06-2021, 11:36 AM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Not according to Lane Luper who worked on the "Rust" set and said Baldwin was there basically as an actor only

SOURCE

The Sheriff in Texas has said no such video exists. They were rehearsing the scene.

New Mexico, not Texas.

Old 12-06-2021, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
New Mexico, not Texas.
Doh. You're right! Thanks for the correction

Old 12-06-2021, 11:43 AM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
So by that logic, neither do drugs, right. Legalize all of them. Drugs don't kill people unless someone takes them.

FWIW, I don't believe Baldwin either. If he were telling the truth, why did it take weeks to come out?

I don't think he "murdered" anyone either, the gun should not have been loaded, and since that is a strict policy, he could depend on that. Someone either messed up, or intentionally sabatoged. That's my best guess.
No, he could not and should not.
Thjere is no argument that a person with a gun in their hand is always 100% responsible for knowing it's condition.

Old 12-06-2021, 02:21 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
According to someone who worked on the set with Baldwin, Lane Luper, he was not the producer on set. The movie had something like a dozen total producers, some in name only

‘Rust’ Camera Assistant on Safety Issues, Pay Irregularities and Producer Behavior on “Brutal” Set
OTOH, the movie's producers said in your same link:

Quote:
In a statement, Rust‘s producers said, “Mr. Luper’s allegations around budget and safety are patently false, which is not surprising considering his job was to be a camera operator, and he had absolutely nothing to do with it or knowledge of safety protocols or budgets.
I suspect their individual lawyers are going to come up with who they want to point to as the responsible producer, and they haven't decided it won't be Baldwin. If he didn't show any responsibility on the set...more oxygen for that fire.

Old 12-06-2021, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
No, he could not and should not.
Thjere is no argument that a person with a gun in their hand is always 100% responsible for knowing it's condition.
One hundred percent certainty is never necessary in a court of law.

Old 12-06-2021, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post

I suspect their individual lawyers are going to come up with who they want to point to as the responsible producer, and they haven't decided it won't be Baldwin. If he didn't show any responsibility on the set...more oxygen for that fire.
So in the quote you posted, they never mentioned his comment about Baldwin's role as a producer?

Old 12-06-2021, 02:35 PM

6,735 posts, read 4,417,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post

That, I didnt pull the trigger, it just went off. That is a typical lawyer tactic. Not this case, But the best one I've heard is, he shot her while he was sleep walking. Thats what you do when you dont have much of a defense.

Old 12-06-2021, 03:02 PM

Quote:
So in the quote you posted, they never mentioned his comment about Baldwin's role as a producer?
They said, bluntly, that he doesn't know what he's talking about. They discounted him completely.

Their own lawyers will determine their viewpoint and decide if they need to throw someone off the sleigh to the wolves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies