Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2021, 07:34 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,093,761 times

Advertisements

Baby Cuomo takes it in the teeth.

Bravo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2021, 07:42 PM

9,839 posts, read 4,623,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
I bet I am older than you. I remember when CNN was THE network to watch for National and international news coverage. Their coverage of the first Iraq war, in particular, was fantastic.

As for now, you’re correct. All opinion and commentary—no journalism. Good riddance to Fredo. He almost got away with it, except he was caught lying to his employer. He was more involved in his brother’s staff than he let on. If you’re paid $6 million a year, you better tell the truth.
I remember those days and Larry King. When he left they needed primetime talk of somekind to fill the void. I think that's where it started. I think they had Nancy Grace and Pierce Morgan for a while then tried doing it with newies

Old 11-30-2021, 07:56 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,514,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
I remember those days and Larry King. When he left they needed primetime talk of somekind to fill the void. I think that's where it started. I think they had Nancy Grace and Pierce Morgan for a while then tried doing it with newies
I stopped watching sometime after Larry King left and they started having people from opposing sides of the aisle yelling at each other. It's always been bad TV when anyone does that.

Old 11-30-2021, 08:06 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,624,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I stopped watching sometime after Larry King left and they started having people from opposing sides of the aisle yelling at each other. It's always been bad TV when anyone does that.
No, that's when it's best, like when CNN had Crossfire. Every political story or issue usually has a second side, especially when it's controversial. Now on Fox News after the prime-time host, like Hannity, states his opinion on an issue, he turns to two people to essentially say amen to him to back him up. It's no debate. It's just one sided propaganda. If that is how most Americans want political programming presented, while keeping the audience ratings of Fox News up, then what a pity.

Old 11-30-2021, 08:31 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
They are turning on their own faster than I expected. In the end white liberals who are low on the totem pole are expendable especially white male liberals.
In fairness, there are some people in both parties that put doing the right thing ahead of party loyalty.

For example, The Atlantic put Rahm Emanuel in an editors job (after helping cover up a police murder of a black man) and the staff revolted....no editors job....but he still got nominated for the Japan ambassadorship so a big ole suck on that BLM from the Biden administration.

I would think that the female staff at CNN and more importantly viewership would not take kindly to retaining a guy that dug up intel on a predators accusers and help try to discredit them.

Kudos to those that took a principled route on the topic.

Old 11-30-2021, 08:34 PM

19,778 posts, read 18,060,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Google Chris Cuomo. CNN actually did their own story on it. No paywall

More information came out yesterday according to every story I have read on it
Everyone knew what was going on months ago. CNN, I guess, needed judicial level evidence, in this case Cuomo's own words in writing.

Old 11-30-2021, 08:35 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,514,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Everyone knew what was going on months ago. CNN, I guess, needed judicial level evidence, in this case Cuomo's own words in writing.
Again, more information came out yesterday. But, yeah, his own words damned him

Old 11-30-2021, 08:43 PM

19,201 posts, read 16,679,971 times
Wow. Late hearing the news on this. I'm stunned but pleased that CNN did it. I really thought he was the golden child there and would forever have their protection. Wonders never cease.

Old 11-30-2021, 08:55 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,599,236 times
Their mom must be so mad.

Old 11-30-2021, 08:56 PM

17,614 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Their mom must be so mad.
I doubt it. She raised a couple of sexual predators so she's probably proud of what they've gotten away with like most Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies