Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2021, 04:53 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Don’t like the rules? Don’t fly. Pretty simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Don't like the rules, then don't fly. Simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Ha. I typed the same words at the same time.
It's sad you think that's a coincidence.

NPCSAYSWHAT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2021, 05:23 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,976,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
You don't have to wear a mask when you are eating, so bring a large bag of shelled sunflower seeds and eat them one by one slowly.
One of my favorite things to do in airports lately is walk around with a drink in my hand and not have my mask on. One time an airport employee saw me then ran to her speaker to remind everyone to keep their mask on, and the whole time she is staring at me while speaking. I just kept walking as if she wasnt saying anything.

Really interesting to see how different airports operate too. You land into Texas, Denver, Atlanta, or Florida and the airport employees outside doing luggage, directing planes, etc., aren't wearing masks. You land in California with the great weather and most of these people working outside have masks on and look miserable. The differences regionally are nice to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Dude, I saw this guy eating a bag of corn nuts one at a time about a minute apart and no one even questioned him. No mask the entire time. ALL the way through TSA.

GENIUS
I'm flying tomorrow so I'm gonna try this while going through TSA.

Old 12-03-2021, 05:25 AM

89,023 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
But when the food/drink cart comes out it's ok to take it off. Is this a Monty Python episode?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/10/t...ights-tsa.html
Look in the not too distant future for drink and snack service to end on all domestic flights. The COVID fear drum-beating restrictions are going to get increasingly draconian.

Old 12-03-2021, 05:26 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,792,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Look in the not too distant future for drink and snack service to end on all domestic flights. The COVID fear drum-beating restrictions are going to get increasingly draconian.
Until all the democrats are dragged out of office, United style. Rand Paul for President.

Old 12-03-2021, 05:29 AM

35,701 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Some day, if you are diagnosed with COPD, like myself, you'll post something different!

It's not just the flight, but you have to wear it in the Airport/Gate before departure.

I'm only good for a half hour to an hour, and I need to take it off!
Find something that works for you.

Old 12-03-2021, 05:30 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,976,993 times
Whats also funny is when you get to the TSA person you have to take down your mask to show your face. Yes take down your mask when you are like two feet away from the TSA agent who often times dont have their masks on correctly either. This is all one big joke. The more people we get to defy these orders smartly, the better.

Old 12-03-2021, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Until all the democrats are dragged out of office, United style. Rand Paul for President.
New king? You told him already - he is to establish the new Republican government ? Wake up. You are dreaming if you think roughly 1/2 of this nation of Dems are going to disappear. Just wondering where the loyalty to the constitution is here?

Old 12-03-2021, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Whats also funny is when you get to the TSA person you have to take down your mask to show your face. Yes take down your mask when you are like two feet away from the TSA agent who often times dont have their masks on correctly either. This is all one big joke. The more people we get to defy these orders smartly, the better.
Why we still have virus killing- us. Some behave like Kindergartners when it comes to a 4 inch piece of cloth to be worn on our faces to protect others.

Old 12-03-2021, 05:39 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,792,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Why we still have virus killing- us. Some behave like Kindergartners when it comes to a 4 inch piece of cloth to be worn on our faces to protect others.
We have the Flu virus still killing us. Shrimp allergies. Peanut allergies. Yet we don't ban peanuts or shrimp on airlines.

Some behave like kindergarteners as they demand EVERYONE AROUND THEM "protect" THEM by wearing a piece of cloth that has been proven to be useless.

By the way, Lufthansa and Air France have banned cloth masks on their aircraft because they're useless. The idea that some government bureaucrat or old underwear can protect us from a virus that escaped a hermetically sealed lab and made its way around the world in less than a month is patently ridiculous on its face.

Old 12-03-2021, 05:43 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Any old "4 inch piece of cloth" and the supposed assurance it provides against the virus may have a lot more to do with the spread than the resistence to it.
Anaolgy would be like depending on an umbrella with holes in it to keep you dry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies