Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2021, 06:41 PM

13,375 posts, read 4,227,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Im not even going to argue with you about PR citizenship being taking away. Its black and white even in Wikipedia that it can be.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impl...litical_status

Where in your Wikipedia it says that the U.S. Citizen declared by Congress can be take away involuntarily?

This is school for you (free) The highest court of the land declared that you are full of b.s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afroyim_v._Rusk

Afroyim v. Rusk, 387 U.S. 253 (1967), was a landmark decision of the Supreme Court of the United States, which ruled that citizens of the United States may not be deprived of their citizenship involuntarily.

Let translate that for you: the government can't sell you or give you away or kick you out of the union for any reason against your will because being a U.S. Citizen of this great nation, you have basic rights and protections and one of the protections is Congress can't take it away your U.S. membership involuntarily for any reason: political, gender, culture, sexual preference, economics, age or what language you speak.

Please, take American Civics 101, you are making the U.S. look very dumb.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 12-03-2021 at 06:52 PM..

Old 12-03-2021, 06:51 PM

15,066 posts, read 6,144,174 times
Wishful thinking.

Old 12-03-2021, 06:51 PM

13,375 posts, read 4,227,870 times
Quote:
Its not comedy, Trump wants Greenland, and the idea has been proposed.

I dont know if an approval rating has ever been made of American favoritism of Puerto Rico, but its a fair make conjecture that Americans would be okay with giving PR its own independence or giving it away.
and I want a Ferrari and a hot 18 year old model for a wife and a huge mansion. Let's see who gets lucky first.
I didn't know Greenland was for sale? Have the people of Greenland with their government petition the U.S. to become a U.S. territory and be under the full law of the U.S.???? I haven't seen any debate in Greenland or U.S. Congress. Do you represent the government of Greenland?

You don't speak for the Constitution or the people in America. You just have an opinion that is meaningless. Again, admitting territories or states is not a popular vote. If it was, half of the states wouldn't be states. The Mormons in Utah wouldn't have a state if they made it a popular of vote outside of Utah back in 1896. They were hated and were kicked out of Missouri. It would be nice if you take American Civics and American history and know how 13 colonies expanded to 50 states and made territories. It had nothing to do with popular opinion of people outside of the club.

Old 12-03-2021, 06:59 PM

17,876 posts, read 15,837,360 times
The Danes dont need PR for holidays. They can go to PR already, or Mexico, or Thailand, or Med, or just about anywhere for the holidays. Danes should do everything they can to keep Greenland include bring in the EU. Better EU than US.

Old 12-03-2021, 07:07 PM

10,232 posts, read 6,782,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
The Danes dont need PR for holidays. They can go to PR already, or Mexico, or Thailand, or Med, or just about anywhere for the holidays. Danes should do everything they can to keep Greenland include bring in the EU. Better EU than US.
What are the Danes doing with Greenland? Nothing. If I was Danish id love to make the trade and have Puerto Rico as a territory and make the crown jewel to the rest of the Dutch Carribean.

If America got Greenland id be over there in a few weeks after the treaty opening my business.

Old 12-03-2021, 08:09 PM

6,386 posts, read 4,793,920 times
Puerto Rico is not a particular problem area for the U.S. The U.S. Virgin Islands are worse.

I would prefer that we use a 3 strikes law for American felons, giving them 2 chances to rehabilitate themselves then on the 3rd strike, withdraw citizenship and deport them, permanently, to some 3rd world $hithole that agrees to take them in exchange for cash.

Who's with me???

Old 12-03-2021, 08:24 PM

17,876 posts, read 15,837,360 times
Quote:
What are the Danes doing with Greenland? Nothing. If I was Danish id love to make the trade and have Puerto Rico as a territory and make the crown jewel to the rest of the Dutch Carribean.

If America got Greenland id be over there in a few weeks after the treaty opening my business.
The land isnt going away, whats underneath isnt going way. Holding on to for the future is still good. And its not like its costing them much now, and if it will, then like I said bring in EU.

Old 12-03-2021, 08:46 PM

62,727 posts, read 28,935,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I would just say dump Puerto Rico. No longer a territory and they are no longer citizens. The government is difficult and ungrateful. Its not in our interest to have these territories. Especially when they are in hurricane zones and have to rebuild them every few years.

Old 12-03-2021, 08:59 PM

13,564 posts, read 4,871,962 times
Quote:
Wrong. The President is basically the only person who can do treaties and only needs 67 Senators to agree (not even congress). Also precedent has already been made with Thomas Jefferson and the Louisiana purchase. Andrew Jackson purchasing Alaska with 2/3 approval of the Senate.
You mean Andrew Johnson.

But right, the President "shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two-thirds of the Senators present concur"

Old 12-03-2021, 10:00 PM

9,454 posts, read 10,757,286 times
I’d rather have PR than a worthless ice box. No thanks....PR will be a state. Greenland??? A place for polar bears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.