Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2021, 02:20 PM

5,110 posts, read 2,050,817 times

Advertisements

The guys of PlayStation who did virtue-signaling, well they don't do it in their own backyards.
https://www.cnet.com/tech/gaming/son...e-sting-video/

Quote:
A Sony senior vice president who worked on the PlayStation Network has been terminated from his job after getting caught up in an amateur pedophilia sting video.

George Cacioppo was allegedly trying to arrange a meeting with a person claiming to be a 15-year-old boy, according to a video posted Dec. 3 by the YouTube channel People v. Preds. Cacioppo had been a senior vice president of engineering at Sony for the past eight years, according to his LinkedIn profile. He was been fired after allegedly appearing in the video.

"We are aware of the situation and the employee in question has been terminated from employment," Sony said in an emailed statement Sunday.
Kotaku also mentionned it as well as this vlog.
https://kotaku.com/playstation-execu...ion-1848163907

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiSWyNiOWPc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2021, 03:53 PM

3,078 posts, read 3,264,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
The guys of PlayStation who did virtue-signaling, well they don't do it in their own backyards.
Nothing you linked to describes Sony failing to do something about this individual before he was outed (i.e. they knew but did nothing). If you have a link, or can point to where I missed it, then please provide it, otherwise I don't know what the whole "virtue-signaling" statement has to do with this?

Old 12-06-2021, 04:17 PM

5,110 posts, read 2,050,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
Nothing you linked to describes Sony failing to do something about this individual before he was outed (i.e. they knew but did nothing). If you have a link, or can point to where I missed it, then please provide it, otherwise I don't know what the whole "virtue-signaling" statement has to do with this?
Playstation is a division of Sony and as for virtue signaling, Sony moved their Playstations studios from Japan to California last summer where they decided to go woke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fxeGo6fa9g

Old 12-08-2021, 04:31 AM

30,638 posts, read 18,227,675 times
I like this People v. Preds group and now follow them on Instagram. From what I'm reading, they train themselves to law enforcement standards to ensure that law enforcement doesn't run into entrapment via agent issues if they use the evidence from the group.

Old 12-08-2021, 08:27 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
I wonder how big the golden parachute check was for him?

Old 12-08-2021, 08:56 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
Playstation is a division of Sony and as for virtue signaling, Sony moved their Playstations studios from Japan to California last summer where they decided to go woke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fxeGo6fa9g
Wtf does them moving operations to CA have to do with virtue signaling.

It’s called business. You go where the workers are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies