Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2021, 12:59 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,163,576 times

Advertisements

Don't tell me!!!!!!!!!!!! They will only teach black magic because white magic is racist!???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2021, 01:05 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
All lives matter illiberals. Oh, and suck it.

Old 12-07-2021, 01:19 PM

41,961 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Bwah haha! My cousin's kids go to that school. If there was any hexing going on, I'd hear her screaming the whole way across the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
The paper is owned by one of the World's biggest billionaires who profits from putting Mom and Pops out of business.
Damn capitalism.

Quote:
Besides, the original source was the Federalist
That really doesn't improve credibility any - especially after reading a few of the author's rants and ravings. What a snowflake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
HAHA hilarious. You kids fall for anything..
Right? What a bunch of gulli - bulls. [/Bugs Bunny]

Old 12-07-2021, 01:35 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
#1 - "Witchcraft" is hokum.

#2 - Where is this "instruction" included in the curriculum? Link to an official school source, please.

Old 12-07-2021, 01:46 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I would not put too much trust into WND.com, or, formerly, WorldNetDaily. Not only is the website, owned by Joseph Farah, known for publishing unfounded conspiracy theories, but the website became involved in scandal for not paying its contributors, like former Senator Tom Coburn.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...d15_story.html

I will note that the Thomas More Society filed suit against the California Department of Education, on September 3, 2021, claiming that the curriculum included children taught how to pray to the Aztec gods.

https://www.charismanews.com/us/8665...nal-violations

The article notes that the department had not answered a letter demanding that such things not be taught. When no answer was received, the suit was filed.

I imagine the department thought it was just another nutter letter.

Of course, from the lawsuit, it may well be possible that the curriculum concerning ethics study does include teachings about how other cultures prayed. I recall learning about such decades ago.

I do agree with the lawsuit that the 'use of prayer' in schools is unconstitutional. Oddly, many conservatives believe that Christian prayer should be allowed in public schools. Anyway, while I am against school-sanctioned prayer, I am not against students being taught how different religions view prayer, or even giving examples of how different religions pray. Learning is good.

Careful - I got points and a temp ban for questioning the bias of a linked source.

Old 12-07-2021, 01:49 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,901,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Bwah haha! My cousin's kids go to that school. If there was any hexing going on, I'd hear her screaming the whole way across the country.

Well, I guess we'll just have to take the word of an anonymous Lib on the internet.

Frankly, even if you're telling the truth, there have been a plethora of events over the past year where parents only just began to discover what was being taught to their children.

I'm surprised you missed that story.

But it does help explain your epic loss in Virginia....so stay apathetic about it - fine by me!

Old 12-07-2021, 01:58 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,603,191 times
What a stupid article.

Old 12-07-2021, 02:14 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,918,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Have you seen what else is being taught in schools? I'd give it a 90% chance.

Esp. since I used to be slow on the uptake, and actually believed the "normal" News had any credibility whatsoever.

Literally almost everything CNN or the NY Times, Wash Post., Build back better blah blah blah "reports" - is one hundred percent false.

So to turn up your nose at a source because it is "conservative" is a bit rich. They've got a waaaaaay better track record.

But, of course, the MSM will tell you otherwise. "Don't listen to them! Listen to us! They're lying to you! Don't even check them out! Don't be curious!" That's how they get you to stick with their legacy BS.
Link your source that how to perform witchcraft is actively in teacher's lesson plans. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Old 12-07-2021, 02:19 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,603,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Link your source that how to perform witchcraft is actively in teacher's lesson plans. Go ahead, I'll wait.
Does school prayer count?

Old 12-07-2021, 03:43 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Does school prayer count?

Yes actually , but then as one post that was recently removed said, the liberals have now become the bad things associated with conservatism , while retaining the bad of their more native dysfunctions.

Of course the whole problem here of seperation of church and state was introduced with the joining of the state with educational institutions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies