Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2021, 08:56 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,115,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
I don't think it works I know it works, at some level you do too.

The government has decided that covid poses such and extreme risk to our population and medical system that unusual measures are justified.

That last little bit is childish and you know it - or should.
If I thought these vaccines were good for me, I'd take them. I don't, I won't take them.

At this point, considering people like you, seem to want to punish me for my medical decisions, I don't even want 1 penny of my tax dollars going to your treatment if you end up in the hospital for COVID. Not 1 penny.

So let's remove the government from the equation, and let insurance companies raise rates based on actuarial models.

I'll gladly pay any and all increases on mine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2021, 08:56 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,984,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
Then what about smokers, drug users, morbidity obese people?
Yeah I know that those aren’t contagious but that isn’t the point.
Why are the unvaccinated so ridiculed because they don’t feel comfortable with something? Why can’t natural immunities also be an option? Why are the so many vaccinated people lecturing about getting it to help others but then say things like Karma when someone unvaccinated gets Covid or dies from it?

https://abc7chicago.com/illinois-cov...source=twitter
Do you think that Obamcare should pay for chronic alcoholics? Fat people that eat mcdonalds every day? Smokers that have cancer?

Those are life choices? They get paid for them. What difference is it with Covid vaccines that dont even work from spreading the virus?

Old 12-07-2021, 08:57 AM

3,605 posts, read 1,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
People should have the freedom to choose not to get vaccinated. Freedom means taking responsibility for the consequences of your actions too. If someone chooses to not get vaccinated and ends up in a hospital, they should pay all hospital costs out of pocket.
Agreed...

Old 12-07-2021, 09:06 AM

39,075 posts, read 51,205,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
So then anyone who is unhealthy due to unhealthy choices should pay out of pocket.
No. I argued no such thing. My point is that people who end up with covid in ICU are being kept alive by artificial means for weeks and even months because families won't let go and the system does not allow medical professionals to stop life support without their permission. Keeping them alive with machines when there is no hope of survival or a normal life is a waste of scarce resources, plain and simple. So, yes, provide all people care, but have limits. We need the resources for other patients.

Old 12-07-2021, 09:06 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Unvaccinated covid patients in ICU need to have a limit on how long families can let them languish at the expense of the health care system. Too many resources are being wasted on those who have no chance of recovery. Intubated covids have little chance of survival and no chance of a normal life after a few days. Yet families are allowed to require hospitals to keep them alive artificially for as long as they see fit. The families are mostly covid deniers who can't accept that either the loved one has covid or that covid is a serious disease for which recovery is rare after intubation. After a week there should be mandatory DNR orders and after two weeks its "pull the plug".
A person i know was on a respirator for over a week. Doctor had the talk with the family to take him off and let him die. His wife refused, and he's alive and well today.

Old 12-07-2021, 09:08 AM

24,461 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Whatever happened to the Lefty mantra of "My body my choice"? They use that to defend abortion Rights.

I say like abortions, only the individual often under the consult of their doctor knows what is best and appropriate for their bodies when it comes to the shot.

When you think about it forcing the vaccine on people that do not want it is like rape.

Old 12-07-2021, 09:10 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,915,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
what about a 75 year old with pre-existing conditions that chooses not to get the booster?

what about a 30 year old who doesn't get the booster?

what about someone with recovered immunity that tests strong but still gets a "breakthrough case"?

Why would it possibly be only 1 class of people - the good little sheep that do exactly what they're told - that gets coverage?

Would we cover the uninsured but "fully-vaxxed"?

you people are hitting a wall. The wall that you've been told about since the beginning - that "vaccine acceptance" would hit a limit somewhere between 70-90%.
I agree 100% vaccine acceptance has hit a wall. I'll repeat, people who voluntarily choose to not get vaccinated have that right. They should also take SOME personal responsibility for their decisions and have to pay the hospital bills if they end up in a hospital due to covid.

Old 12-07-2021, 09:11 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,115,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
I agree 100% vaccine acceptance has hit a wall. I'll repeat, people who voluntarily choose to not get vaccinated have that right. They should also take SOME personal responsibility for their decisions and have to pay the hospital bills if they end up in a hospital due to covid.
So should the vaccinated.

Old 12-07-2021, 09:11 AM

39,075 posts, read 51,205,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
A person i know was on a respirator for over a week. Doctor had the talk with the family to take him off and let him die. His wife refused, and he's alive and well today.
Yeah right. Even if true, the exception is not the rule. Get the facts.

Old 12-07-2021, 09:14 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,091,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
The "vaccines" DON'T VACCINATE!!!!

They DO NOT prevent INFECTION or SPREADING of the virus!

The BOGUS excuse of "they reduce severity and hospitalization"
does not in any way describe a VACCINE!!!

NO~ONE is VACCINATED against THIS, or ANY COVID virus, EVER!!!
Vaccine:

a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.

No vaccine prevent infection completely. never has.. never will... This includes flu vaccines. It may help you fight infection since depending on your body's ability to produce antibodies as a reaction to the vaccine.

This topic has groups in both ends of the extremes... the reality falls in the middle somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies