Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2021, 12:29 PM

1,781 posts, read 956,122 times

Advertisements

This person went to high school with my sons. He’s the same age (actually grade) as my oldest son. I’ll have to ask my son if he knows him (sorry he’s a he).

Old 12-09-2021, 05:13 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
I don't know what the solution is, but I definitely do not believe that it involves banning transgender athletes from competition. There has to be a way through this that respects all athletes regardless of their gender identity.
You do live in la-la land!

Old 12-09-2021, 05:15 AM

Quote:
How is it disrespectful to women to ensure that all people have the opportunity to compete? As I said, there has to be a way forward that doesn't involve banning transgender people from competitive athletics altogether. I'm not sure what it is, but I'm certain the athletic governing bodies can figure it out if they put their heads together. In swimming, which is both a team and individual sport, it doesn't matter who is in each lane and how they gender identify. The conflict really only arises in scoring, so it might be that transgender athletes could be scored in a separate category.
"How is it disrespectful to women to ensure that all people have the opportunity to compete?"

They CAN compete AMONG PEOPLE OF THE SAME SEX.

This is the ENTIRE POINT

There is NO such thing as TRANSgender. You either have penis OR a vagina.

It does NOT matter what you CHOOSE to call yourself.

Old 12-09-2021, 05:24 AM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
when women athletes start to strongly fight back against men competing in their sports, i will join them in the fight.

i decided a while back that i don't care if males destroy female sports until the women athletes care and are brave enough to lead the fight for only females in girls and women's sports competitions.
There are women athletes fighting against this and being horribly bullied for it. What I’d like to see are women athletes getting up to the start line and then when the buzzer goes off refusing to budge. I think it could make a powerful statement. This isn’t about trans rights. It’s about women’s rights. People need to understand that they are different issues and stop with this Intersectionality bs.

Old 12-09-2021, 05:30 AM

Quote:
How is it disrespectful to women to ensure that all people have the opportunity to compete? As I said, there has to be a way forward that doesn't involve banning transgender people from competitive athletics altogether. I'm not sure what it is, but I'm certain the athletic governing bodies can figure it out if they put their heads together. In swimming, which is both a team and individual sport, it doesn't matter who is in each lane and how they gender identify. The conflict really only arises in scoring, so it might be that transgender athletes could be scored in a separate category.
They are not only letting male to female trans athletes compete in individual sports. They are now boxing and fighting in mixed martial arts. Also weightlifting and team sports like basketball and volleyball. This is not fair on ANY level. I fear the only thing that will make people wake up to the insanity is if a woman is killed in a fight. It will happen eventually if people don’t stop.

The solution is they either have trans leagues, play in men’s sports, or sacrifice things in their lives. The solution is not to allow them into women’s spaces that could harm the women. Women have rights too.

Old 12-09-2021, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I like watching the boys play their foosball (NCAA and NFL) but beyond that I don't really pay much attention to sports.
Neither do I, but this is bigger than sports. This is about what is right.

Old 12-09-2021, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
All we have to do is to give them their own category.

I dont think it has anything to do with disrespecting. I get that our society wants to ensure the rights of trans. However, allowing them to compete in women sports is a lazy solution.
"allowing them to compete in women sports is a lazy solution"

I have said this so many times it gets tiresome but, when males can compete against females, pretty soon there will be NO females in competitive sports.

The boys that don't make 1st string, from youth leagues all the way up to the pros, or didn't make the cut at all, will go down to the female teams.

There will no longer be "female"teams. PERIOD!

Look at soccer. The American female team won the World Cup BUT, were BEATEN by a 15 year old BOYS TEAM.

In college probably 99% of ALL the men players can dunk the ball.

I follow women's' college basketball and have NEVER seen a female dunk. Not claiming none can't.

How are the females going to compete against guys MUCH TALLER and stronger?

Old 12-09-2021, 05:34 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"allowing them to compete in women sports is a lazy solution"

I have said this so many times it gets tiresome but, when males can compete against females, pretty soon there will be NO females in competitive sports.

The boys that don't make 1st string, from youth leagues all the way up to the pros, or didn't make the cut at all, will go down to the female teams.

There will no longer be "female"teams. PERIOD!

Look at soccer. The American female team won the World Cup BUT, were BEATEN by a 15 year old BOYS TEAM.

In college probably 99% of ALL the men players can dunk the ball.

I follow women's' college basketball and have NEVER seen a female dunk. Not claiming none can't.

How are the females going to compete against guys MUCH TALLER and stronger?
Totally agree

Old 12-09-2021, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
This topic was covered on TCT last night, his guest was a WELL spoken woman who addressed this. A must see before any further comment. Her name is Kara Dansky. watch it (or read the transcript)
" Her name is"

Does "she" have a penis?

Old 12-09-2021, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
There are women athletes fighting against this and being horribly bullied for it. What I’d like to see are women athletes getting up to the start line and then when the buzzer goes off refusing to budge. I think it could make a powerful statement. This isn’t about trans rights. It’s about women’s rights. People need to understand that they are different issues and stop with this Intersectionality bs.
"It’s about women’s rights."

No, it is about COMMON sense!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies