Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2021, 05:41 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Totally agree
Note, I don't recall ANY female claiming to be man compete in ANY sporting event as a man.

I wonder why?

Old 12-09-2021, 05:42 AM

4,898 posts, read 2,052,348 times
And are we REALLY shocked that a biological man, who claims to be a Trans woman is winning against biological women in every sporting event…. To include MAA fights??

Well, if you support any and all liberal craziness, you have to expect that this is the end results, based on fake science and liberal lies.

Until biological women step up and really put some skin into the game, by refusing to compete against a biological man, in a woman’s sport, I can’t support them.

Well, biological women are always talking about “breaking through the glass ceilings,” maybe it’s time for biological women to protect the “glass ceilings” they’re trying to break through from biological men, who claim to be a woman.

Sorry, say what you want, but if you were not born a biological female with female reproductive organs…. Working or not, IMHO, you’re not a real 100% female. I’ve heard that these Trans women are now complaining that Straight men will not date them…. Again, sorry, but most TRULY Straight men don’t want to date a man who is dressed up like a woman and still packing a penis under that skirt…. If you’re a man and you like Chicks with d!cks, more power to you. Just know and understand that most men will only want to date, marry or have a long term relationships with a biological woman.

Which “I” don’t find too shocking.

I merely point that out since it’s proof that society is out of whack with all this crazy stuff going around.

Old 12-09-2021, 07:37 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,296,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Note, I don't recall ANY female claiming to be man compete in ANY sporting event as a man.

I wonder why?
Actually there were and are. Cis-gender females as well.

Old 12-09-2021, 03:52 PM

10,830 posts, read 4,506,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" Her name is"

Does "she" have a penis?
???

Old 12-09-2021, 04:12 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
"A trans swimmer and senior at the University of Pennsylvania, who previously spent three years competing as a man, smashed two US records while competing at a weekend contest, sparking fresh claims of unfairness.

On Sunday, Lia Thomas, 22, put in an astounding performance at the Zippy Invitational Event in Akron, Ohio, that saw her finish the 1,650 yard freestyle 38 seconds ahead of her teammate Anna Sofia Kalandaze."
So, a male swimmer outswam female swimmers. Not really surprising, and I mean no offense to the many superb female swimmers when I say that. Oh, and the article made a grammatical mistake. When referring to a man, the correct pronouns are "he" and "him" and "his."

Old 12-10-2021, 05:14 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
???
I knew it would be over some heads!

Old 12-10-2021, 07:04 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Yes, and it's appreciated.

I don't know enough about sports to have an intelligent conversation about it. As far as this topic goes anyway.
I posted some info earlier in the thread comparing mens and womens swim times.

Picking one of their events, this person went from being a mediocre college swimmer (mens division) to posting a time that was fast enough to be borderline olympic finals in the last olympics (womens division.)

People forget that the entire reason for having split gender divisions was to provide an equitable opportunity to compete for both groups due to basic physiological differences. They even have federal law stating that scholarships have to be equal between genders.

I could totally see for things like archery, target shooting etc. that wouldn't be an issue but for many many sports it is.

Old 12-10-2021, 07:11 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,917,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Actually there were and are. Cis-gender females as well.
Football? Boxing, wrestling? What the heck is a Cis gender female?

Old 12-10-2021, 07:28 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
A swimmer who competed as a male in the past is now swimming in female competitions after taking hormone therapy:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ead-rival.html

"A trans swimmer and senior at the University of Pennsylvania, who previously spent three years competing as a man, smashed two US records while competing at a weekend contest, sparking fresh claims of unfairness.

On Sunday, Lia Thomas, 22, put in an astounding performance at the Zippy Invitational Event in Akron, Ohio, that saw her finish the 1,650 yard freestyle 38 seconds ahead of her teammate Anna Sofia Kalandaze."

Lia Thomas used to be Will Thomas. Is this fair? Women are starting to complaint that this is a disgrace to women's sports.
No, it's NOT fair and is flat wrong. This guy (yes he's a MALE) still looks overwhelmingly male, and the real women on the squad he's being allowed to compete on don't like this one bit. I don't blame them. But they have to speak under condition of anonymity because of the very real threat of retaliation from the boys will be girls bunch. Strange how this same school does not allow girls who want to be oys to compete on male squads under the same rules this freakazoid enjoys. Shouldn't a woman who has "transitioned" be equalto her male counterparts? Seems not so much.

I have never heard one thin word about a "trans man" going into male sports and just dominating like this swimmer. Or the fighter in MMA either. LMAO the reason UPenn gives for that is the testosterone enhancement required for a woman to be a woulda shoulda coulda man violates their doping rules. Bwahahahahaha! Seriously?! Wouldn't have anything to do with the fact SHE would perform dismally despite hormone enhancement and would probably get seriously injured in men's contact sports. But it's OK for a man to obliterate and seriously injure women in women's sports because HE"S taking hormone suppression.

This is utter bilge. Rancid and reeking. I do hope I'm offending the trans supporters out there and that I'm being soundly cussed. All I have to say about that is...That's no way to treat someone who's telling you the truth.

Old 12-10-2021, 07:32 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I posted some info earlier in the thread comparing mens and womens swim times.

Picking one of their events, this person went from being a mediocre college swimmer (mens division) to posting a time that was fast enough to be borderline olympic finals in the last olympics (womens division.)

People forget that the entire reason for having split gender divisions was to provide an equitable opportunity to compete for both groups due to basic physiological differences. They even have federal law stating that scholarships have to be equal between genders.

I could totally see for things like archery, target shooting etc. that wouldn't be an issue but for many many sports it is.
With all due respect Mathguy, I disagree about archery and target shooting as well.

Men have more fast twitch muscles and longer muscle length. Hormone therapy does not and will not ever change that. Longer arms, longer muscles, and faster twitch equal a marked advantage in forearm-heavy sports like the two you mention.

When my husband and I go skeet shooting, his longer arms provide him an immediate advantage just by virtue of his having better form holding a 12 gauge. Forget archery; his muscles allow him superior control of a bow.

It just doesn’t work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies