Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2021, 08:55 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I don't think you can mix "physical" demanding sports, soccer, baseball, basketball, etc. with "standing still" sports like archery and gun shooting sports.

NOT knocking archery and gun shooting.

Being a long time hunter with both, women CAN shoot just as well BUT, MOST have a hard time dragging the big game out alone. Even a 150 lb. deer is tough for even men. Much harder for a woman.
The rigors of hunting especially big game are undeniably taxing physically even for men. But there's a big difference twixt that and competitive shooting. Women can handily run with the men in both static and action shooting. But the high end action disciplines have separate categories for men and women. USPSA/IPSC ICORE and Three Gun most notably. Toss in IDPA for good measure. I've seen women take high point score of the entire match before and those awards are not segregated.

MoM (man on man) events like steel and bowling pins do not have separate categories for men and women. Women go head to head with we men in those disciplines. Women can and often do beat the men in them as well. Those latter two are static line events though the other events I mentioned are run n gun. They get quite physical but it's speed that matters more even than accuracy and control. That's something I have never understood. If someone runs a string with every single round fired dead center but the person ahead or behind them fired rounds into totally separate parts of the target (say one center one in the D ring on the shoulder) but runs the course a second faster the faster time wins.

Archery separates men and women in certain events as well. Archery is pretty much a "static" event with the shooting part though in 3D trail courses you move from one target to the next which requires endurance and drawing a bow is much tougher than squeezing a trigger. Your hunting anecdote gives me an idea for a new archery game. #d targets on a trail course that after you hit the target you have to go downrange and drag a weighted sack that's the equivilant of the weight of the animal the target represents a certain distance . That could be interesting and separation of the men and women competitors would of course be necessary.

Men would obviously have a strength advantage. I highly doubt the shooting sports will allow "trans" shooters . A man looking to compete as a woman would be laughed off the range and openly sneered at. Which to my mind is what they would richly deserve.

Old 12-11-2021, 09:00 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Who said they did?

Leftist voted for this and it's a disgrace.

I used to enjoy certain female sports, basketball especially, because women's teams typically don't have one player being constantly fed the ball.

It's a team effort, and that makes for a more interesting game, but it's over now.

If a female team doesn't have a trans ringer today, they'll have to get one to compete against the teams that do.
The person I responded to. I know that is not what every person thinks. I just wanted to point out that most women did not vote for this or want this, and many are really too afraid to speak out because we know how labels get thrown about in academia that could hurt that person in all sorts of endeavors. I think people need to get some courage and speak out despite it because we are in the majority. This truly is non-partisan. I think it is one area we can all find common ground.

Old 12-11-2021, 09:25 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
A penis can be removed. Then what?
My statement was regarding qualifications for participation being limited to anatomy.

I will too know more that I ever thought possible about trans surgery. But thanks.

Old 12-11-2021, 09:40 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, this is a clear example of one of the many anti-science stances the left takes. This however does not absolve the right of their anti-science stances so don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.

Basically, partisans are REALLY easy to mislead because they put party ahead of logic.
I reped you, but I admit Republicans take anti-science positions.

The difference is Democrats often call themselves "the party of science" despite denying science as often as Republicans if not more.

As a teacher I see leftist teachers deny science routinely. IQ is in no part genetic. No difference between boys and girls. SAT scores have no correlation with academic success. Astrology is legit. Etc.

Old 12-12-2021, 04:54 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
A penis can be removed. Then what?
You still need a vagina to be female. Guess you didn't know that

Old 12-12-2021, 04:58 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
The rigors of hunting especially big game are undeniably taxing physically even for men. But there's a big difference twixt that and competitive shooting. Women can handily run with the men in both static and action shooting. But the high end action disciplines have separate categories for men and women. USPSA/IPSC ICORE and Three Gun most notably. Toss in IDPA for good measure. I've seen women take high point score of the entire match before and those awards are not segregated.

MoM (man on man) events like steel and bowling pins do not have separate categories for men and women. Women go head to head with we men in those disciplines. Women can and often do beat the men in them as well. Those latter two are static line events though the other events I mentioned are run n gun. They get quite physical but it's speed that matters more even than accuracy and control. That's something I have never understood. If someone runs a string with every single round fired dead center but the person ahead or behind them fired rounds into totally separate parts of the target (say one center one in the D ring on the shoulder) but runs the course a second faster the faster time wins.

Archery separates men and women in certain events as well. Archery is pretty much a "static" event with the shooting part though in 3D trail courses you move from one target to the next which requires endurance and drawing a bow is much tougher than squeezing a trigger. Your hunting anecdote gives me an idea for a new archery game. #d targets on a trail course that after you hit the target you have to go downrange and drag a weighted sack that's the equivilant of the weight of the animal the target represents a certain distance . That could be interesting and separation of the men and women competitors would of course be necessary.

Men would obviously have a strength advantage. I highly doubt the shooting sports will allow "trans" shooters . A man looking to compete as a woman would be laughed off the range and openly sneered at. Which to my mind is what they would richly deserve.
"Women can handily run with the men in both static and action shooting"

What part of "standing still" did you not comprehend

Old 12-12-2021, 05:00 AM

2,714 posts, read 2,214,139 times
All of the athletes with the original sexual equipment should drop out of any competitions until the fake one's are kicked out. This is total BS. I would not watch any competition with it set up this way.

Old 12-12-2021, 07:28 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I reped you, but I admit Republicans take anti-science positions.

The difference is Democrats often call themselves "the party of science" despite denying science as often as Republicans if not more.

As a teacher I see leftist teachers deny science routinely. IQ is in no part genetic. No difference between boys and girls. SAT scores have no correlation with academic success. Astrology is legit. Etc.
I don't disagree, thought of this thread while scrolling across CNN this morning on my phone and they had an article about some "mother and crystal healer".

I've also pointed out that anti-vaxx got a huge push mainstream years ago when a bunch of hollywood types latched onto the autism hoax (including huge names like DeNiro)

Old 12-12-2021, 07:56 AM

9,093 posts, read 6,314,604 times
I don't want to hear any Democrats complain about this topic. You know the Democrat party endorses this so if you don't like it vote for something other than the Democrat candidate.

Old 12-12-2021, 08:59 AM

10,851 posts, read 4,529,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Is it just me or does this "gal" look like the most dude you've ever seen. Got a set of shoulders as wide as all of outside.

'Bernice' from the movie dodgeball....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies