Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2022, 01:11 PM

17,540 posts, read 13,324,825 times

Advertisements

https://nypost.com/2022/01/29/upenn-...womens-champs/

Quote:
A swimmer on the Penn women’s team, speaking on the condition of anonymity, claimed to Fox News that administrators were considering legal action if Thomas is prohibited from participating in the championship.

“I have a feeling that if USA Swimming changes their rules, they will be filing a lawsuit for Lia to swim, but they wouldn’t do that for us,” she said. “That’s just really upsetting.”

Looks like the Ivy League elite have drawn their line in the sand.

What a crock of crap

MrsM and I spent spent an evening with friends, a lesbian couple who are very active in the International LGBTQ community. One is a very respected lesbian writer and blogger

What is interesting is that they said that the overwhelmingly majority of that community is very strong in their opinion that trans athletes should NEVER participate in women's sports

They believe that the whole reason for this mess is money.

Feminists and Soros, et al, poured tons of money into getting gay marriage into law. Once that happened, the money kept on coming and they needed something new to do with it.

This trans athlete and converting young boys and girls into the LGBTQ army is promoted by young feminists and others (like Soros) who hate America and want it destroyed. The best way is to start with our kids and grandkids

Old 01-29-2022, 01:43 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,296,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://nypost.com/2022/01/29/upenn-...womens-champs/

Looks like the Ivy League elite have drawn their line in the sand.

What a crock of crap

MrsM and I spent spent an evening with friends, a lesbian couple who are very active in the International LGBTQ community. One is a very respected lesbian writer and blogger

What is interesting is that they said that the overwhelmingly majority of that community is very strong in their opinion that trans athletes should NEVER participate in women's sports

They believe that the whole reason for this mess is money.

Feminists and Soros, et al, poured tons of money into getting gay marriage into law. Once that happened, the money kept on coming and they needed something new to do with it.

This trans athlete and converting young boys and girls into the LGBTQ army is promoted by young feminists and others (like Soros) who hate America and want it destroyed. The best way is to start with our kids and grandkids

Nothing to do with money. It was all about inclusion. Started at the international level with the Olympics. The NCAA decided to follow. For the most part it never became an issue until recent. The NCAA was in it's 11th year of its Trans athlete policy with a few hundred over that period in which the vast majority won nothing.
It will be fixed and no the NCAA was not passing the buck. It is now put up to each individual sport as it should.

Old 01-29-2022, 01:58 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
In addition to dominating the sport, Lia is also making his teammates uncomfortable in the locker room. https://nypost.com/2022/01/27/teamma...er-lia-thomas/

Quote:
A member of the University of Pennsylvania women’s swim team said some team members are uncomfortable changing in the locker room with transgender swimmer Lia Thomas, according to a teammate.

Thomas, 22, who spent the previous three years swimming with the men’s team before she began transitioning to a woman, has created an uneasy environment in the locker room, as she still retains her biologically male genitalia — which are sometimes exposed — and is attracted to women, one teammate told the Daily Mail in an interview.

It’s definitely awkward because Lia still has male body parts and is still attracted to women,” the swimmer said. Thomas has reportedly told her teammates that she dates women.

The swimmer told the outlet that other team members have spoken to the team’s coaches about possibly getting Thomas to change elsewhere from the rest of the team, but those discussions haven’t gone anywhere.

Old 01-29-2022, 02:01 PM

9,401 posts, read 11,147,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
A swimmer who competed as a male in the past is now swimming in female competitions after taking hormone therapy:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ead-rival.html

"A trans swimmer and senior at the University of Pennsylvania, who previously spent three years competing as a man, smashed two US records while competing at a weekend contest, sparking fresh claims of unfairness.

On Sunday, Lia Thomas, 22, put in an astounding performance at the Zippy Invitational Event in Akron, Ohio, that saw her finish the 1,650 yard freestyle 38 seconds ahead of her teammate Anna Sofia Kalandaze."

Lia Thomas used to be Will Thomas. Is this fair? Women are starting to complaint that this is a disgrace to women's sports.
This is so wrong, and so sick. How many females who pretend they're males compete in male athletics? They would not win consistently, as guy/girls do. Some people will do anything to win.

And if they really do have identity confusion, they need therapy not surgery.

Old 01-29-2022, 03:11 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
What if Floyd Mayweather had tried the same thing?

Somehow I don't many people would be as sanguine.

Old 01-29-2022, 03:20 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
At this point, I have come to an unpopular conclusion.

I have no sympathy for the young women on this team, NOW. I did have it. Not anymore.

They need to make a public stand. Not anonymous, not leaked, not whispered, not hiding.

Either file a lawsuit with all 35 loud and proud, all 35 should quit the team in protest, or just. shut. up. about. it.

Stop being cowards. These young women are at a crossroads that will define them as adults. That is testing them. And they are too afraid to realize it. They are failing THEMSELVES.

They need to be strong. And do what needs to be done. THEY are the only ones who CAN. What they do or do not do defines this moment in time.

Old 01-29-2022, 03:26 PM

8,956 posts, read 2,554,167 times
Male outperforms female record, something done literally every day, film at 11.

Old 01-29-2022, 03:30 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,917,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
At this point, I have come to an unpopular conclusion.

I have no sympathy for the young women on this team, NOW. I did have it. Not anymore.

They need to make a public stand. Not anonymous, not leaked, not whispered, not hiding.

Either file a lawsuit with all 35 loud and proud, all 35 should quit the team in protest, or just. shut. up. about. it.

Stop being cowards. These young women are at a crossroads that will define them as adults. That is testing them. And they are too afraid to realize it. They are failing THEMSELVES.

They need to be strong. And do what needs to be done. THEY are the only ones who CAN. What they do or do not do defines this moment in time.
There will soon be no more women, or should I say real women sports if they don’t stop being afraid of being accused of being transphobic, homophobic etc….

Old 01-29-2022, 03:49 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
There will soon be no more women, or should I say real women sports if they don’t stop being afraid of being accused of being transphobic, homophobic etc….
I agree.

I honestly believe the best course would be for all of them to quit the team. Those on scholarship could probably sit out a semester if they can't afford the school and I bet other colleges would be knocking on their doors in a heartbeat to pick them up.

I also believe that SHOULD they all quit? No one, and I mean NO one would join the team. It would kill the women's swim program. Who would ever sign up for what essentially amounts to being in an abusive relationship? To understand that there is a man on the team, in the locker room, and no one gives a crap? And I bet the college understands that too.

What I can't understand is where the parents are. Where are the fathers???

If a football player showed up in the locker room every day, walking about looking at the girls and showing off his 'goods' there would be absolute hell to pay. Absolute HELL to pay. But yelling TRANSGENDER is a free pass?

These girls need to get their crap together and take this head on. There is no other way. The sooner they realize it the better.

Old 01-29-2022, 04:20 PM

1,719 posts, read 730,333 times
I have a friend who's a male dolphin. He identifies as a female human. When can he swim in competition against Thomas?

Yes, all this pretend hogwash is just that ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies