Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2022, 12:55 PM

1,719 posts, read 730,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
You really think this guy is identifying as a woman just to look at girls in the locker room?
Seriously?
I don't think that and didn't say that. You did, though.

Old 02-01-2022, 12:57 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,122,593 times
How long before a 30 year old, who identifies as a 13 year old, joins a little league baseball team and crushes the competition? Because this guy who is competing against women is pretty much doing the same thing.

Old 02-01-2022, 04:32 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,295,435 times
Penn swim team issues a statement in support for Lia Thomas. Of course there will be speculation on the sincerity of the statement.

"We want to express our full support for Lia in her transition," the athletes said. "We value her as a person, teammate, and friend. The sentiments put forward by an anonymous member of our team are not representative of the feelings, values, and opinions of the entire Penn team, composed of 39 women with diverse backgrounds."
https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...ete-lia-thomas

On another note, USA Swimming has come up with a new policy on trans female athlete participation. At this point I do not know if it disqualifies Lia Thomas from competing in the upcoming championships.
https://swimswam.com/usa-swimming-pu...gender-policy/

Old 02-01-2022, 04:45 PM

16,910 posts, read 10,580,649 times
Latest news is that the swim organizations are going to adjust the hormone level requirements. That’s still not going to change the fact that people like Thomas spent the first 20 years of life developing like a man.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 02-01-2022, 05:07 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,934,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Penn swim team issues a statement in support for Lia Thomas. Of course there will be speculation on the sincerity of the statement.

"We want to express our full support for Lia in her transition," the athletes said. "We value her as a person, teammate, and friend. The sentiments put forward by an anonymous member of our team are not representative of the feelings, values, and opinions of the entire Penn team, composed of 39 women with diverse backgrounds."

On another note, USA Swimming has come up with a new policy on trans female athlete participation. At this point I do not know if it disqualifies Lia Thomas from competing in the upcoming championships.
Members of the University of Pennsylvania women's swimming and diving team released a statement Tuesday in support of transgender teammate Lia Thomas.

The statement was not signed, but a Penn spokesperson said it represented "several" members of the team.

###

I call shenanigans. No WAY do I believe this was from the swim team. An unsigned statement read by an unnamed Penn 'spokesperson'???

Shenanigans, tomfoolery and malarkey.

Old 02-01-2022, 05:09 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,934,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
How long before a 30 year old, who identifies as a 13 year old, joins a little league baseball team and crushes the competition? Because this guy who is competing against women is pretty much doing the same thing.
When does baseball start?

About 2 months or so.

Old 02-01-2022, 05:53 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,295,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Members of the University of Pennsylvania women's swimming and diving team released a statement Tuesday in support of transgender teammate Lia Thomas.

The statement was not signed, but a Penn spokesperson said it represented "several" members of the team.

###

I call shenanigans. No WAY do I believe this was from the swim team. An unsigned statement read by an unnamed Penn 'spokesperson'???

Based on the new policy as I interpret it, Lia Thomas no longer qualifies to continue. The statement could be a send off. That is my speculation anyways if it does turn out Thomas will not be eligible to compete in the upcoming championships.

As far as the so called anonymous source, or sources, the reports all came though one individual. That being Clay Travis, whom I question the sincerity of. Travis an ambitious guy who could never land a job as a day time sports talking head with the big boys (ESPN or FS1). Very well possible he added some drama or even put words into the mouth of his so called anonymous source.
The anonymous source who by the way broke a unwritten rule when it comes to collegiate and professional sports. That being "what happens in the locker-room stays in the locker-room".

Old 02-01-2022, 06:07 PM

1,719 posts, read 730,130 times
Quote:
Based on the new policy as I interpret it, Lia Thomas no longer qualifies to continue. The statement could be a send off. That is my speculation anyways if it does turn out Thomas will not be eligible to compete in the upcoming championships.

As far as the so called anonymous source, or sources, the reports all came though one individual. That being Clay Travis, whom I question the sincerity of. Travis an ambitious guy who could never land a job as a day time sports talking head with the big boys (ESPN or FS1). Very well possible he added some drama or even put words into the mouth of his so called anonymous source.
The anonymous source who by the way broke a unwritten rule when it comes to collegiate and professional sports. That being "what happens in the locker-room stays in the locker-room".
Even if a guy has his genitals out and is eyeballing a room full of girls? Sorry, no.

Old 02-01-2022, 11:05 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,560,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

###

These girls need to stop complaining anonymously and band together and protest. They don’t seem to realize how much power they have. They could save women’s sports by protesting this en masse and forcing people to cover it. Instead they pretend to support Lia and then give anonymous interviews saying how they are demoralized by having a 6’3” man on their team and knowing they can never ever win this sport again.

Old 02-01-2022, 11:15 PM

17,533 posts, read 13,320,341 times
Quote:

In the article:

Quote:

How many is "SEVERAL"???? There were more than SEVERAL speaking out against this man competing and showering with them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies