Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2022, 06:13 AM

8,408 posts, read 4,570,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I posted some info earlier in the thread comparing mens and womens swim times.

Picking one of their events, this person went from being a mediocre college swimmer (mens division) to posting a time that was fast enough to be borderline olympic finals in the last olympics (womens division.)

People forget that the entire reason for having split gender divisions was to provide an equitable opportunity to compete for both groups due to basic physiological differences. They even have federal law stating that scholarships have to be equal between genders.

I could totally see for things like archery, target shooting etc. that wouldn't be an issue but for many many sports it is.

Archery has lighter weight bows for women. Not fair!

Old 03-22-2022, 06:14 AM

45,319 posts, read 60,489,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Gender norming. If you were in the military you'll remember that women had different PT standards across the board.

Old 03-22-2022, 06:16 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,934,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Female Athlete: "It is intimidating and disheartening to compete against someone who was a biological man."

Male Leftist: "Shut up and grow a pair, transphobe."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qjb2oPasnU
It's clear that the public schools have failed this generation.

100%.

They have no idea about basic human anatomy and biology.

Old 03-22-2022, 06:16 AM

8,408 posts, read 4,570,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytang24 View Post
Actually in target shooting the world records for men and women are about equal. Men slightly ahead in some, women in others. But very, very close.

https://www.issf-sports.org/competit...d_records.ashx

They use different equipment that compensates for strength differences.

Old 03-22-2022, 06:18 AM

45,319 posts, read 60,489,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
For firearms women are, many times, better shots. Better fine motor skills.

Old 03-22-2022, 07:16 AM

26,457 posts, read 15,049,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It's clear that the public schools have failed this generation.

100%.

They have no idea about basic human anatomy and biology.
There is a teacher in my school that teaches that there are zero biological differences between males and females outside of naughty parts. She also has a Bernie and an "I believe in science" bumper stickers on her car.

Old 03-22-2022, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
There is a teacher in my school that teaches that there are zero biological differences between males and females outside of naughty parts. She also has a Bernie and an "I believe in science" bumper stickers on her car.
I am running out of responses to this sickness.

How did people become so incredibly brainwashed and delusional?

Old 03-22-2022, 07:34 AM

13,929 posts, read 5,614,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
For firearms women are, many times, better shots. Better fine motor skills.
And in golf, women tend to have better (more consistent) precision statistics, because they cannot overcome everything with brute force. There are obvious differences in course length and setup, but generally, female accuracy beats men in golf. Top driving accuracy on the LPGA is 93.8%, and on the PGA it is 71.6%. Look at virtually any accuracy stat in golf, and the ladies do just fine.

But golf is a game of accuracy AND distance. Men crush women on distance. This is why only one woman has ever made the cut at a PGA event - Babe Zaharias at the 1945 Los Angeles Open. When Annika Sorenstam played Colonial, one of the PGA tour's shorter courses, she tied for first in driving accuracy and still missed the cut. Anyone who has ever taken a full swing with a 4 iron vs a 9 iron knows which one you'd prefer being your approach iron to the green.

This takes nothing away from female athletes. Men are inherently bigger and stronger, and hit the ball farther with the same input effort. That's biology. Let women have the women's game, let men have the men's.

"Born as" ends the problem. Considering that out of gazillions of athletes, we are talking about less than a dozen trans man-ladies, we are not talking some widespread, horrific injustice.

Or go the other way, give any biological female the option of "no fault" forfeit whenever a man-lady joins the fray. All those female swimmers who had to swim vs a dude...let them forfeit without losing scholarships, affecting their records, etc if they have to compete vs men.

Old 03-22-2022, 07:38 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,295,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Interesting question; Do the HRT drugs change a male's cardio-vascular advantages and muscle efficiencies?

And yes, it is about the differences between male and female athletes.
Obviously like I said it did not in the case of Lia Thomas. But you can't say the same for all, since the vast majority of trans female athletes in collegiate sports have won nothing.

But hey, my position now is like I stated before. Either they compete in men's sports or they participate but not compete in women's sports.

Old 03-22-2022, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Obviously like I said it did not in the case of Lia Thomas. But you can't say the same for all, since the vast majority of trans female athletes in collegiate sports have won nothing.

But hey, my position now is like I stated before. Either they compete in men's sports or they participate but not compete in women's sports.
Do women who don't make the team also get the opportunity to participate but not compete?

What happens if there are 15 spots? Does the the 15th pick female get bumped so the man can join the team?

This approach, while based on 'feels,' is still objectively problematic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.