Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2021, 06:06 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
And yet voters support broader voting rights.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...bills-n1277837

You can't vote without an ID card that is only obtainable during business hours in white neighborhoods.
You have to wait in line for several hours to vote unless you live in white neighborhoods.
What a glob of B.S.!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2021, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGlock View Post
Then you have Merrick Garland doing the bidding of the Biden administration in suing the state of Texas for redistricting. Wonder where the Maryland lawsuit is in regards to all their redistricting to get rid of all Republican representatives? I don’t want to hear anything from the Marxists about election laws and redistricting.
"Wonder where the Maryland lawsuit is in regards to all their redistricting to get rid of all Republican representatives?"

Years ago under dem control, when was MD NOT dem controlled, they split my county 4 ways to dilute the growth of republicans the county

Old 12-08-2021, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
It’s a great thing. My point is that it has not proven to be a problem requiring a legislative solution. All of the recent interest is based solely on lies. If you don’t believe me you don’t have to look any further than Sidney Powell, Rudy Guiliani, Lin Wood, the results of all the frivolous lawsuits, the GA election calls, etc. etc.
"All of the recent interest is based solely on lies."

Videos DON'T lie.

I guess you have never seen any of them because your "news" source NEVER SHOWED any them.

Old 12-08-2021, 06:16 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
I never once mentioned “Jim Crow 2.0.” Either you didn’t read my posts or you forgot who you were arguing with.
ii know you didn't say that. Vegetable xoe did, as i correctly noted.

Old 12-08-2021, 08:10 AM

35,045 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
democrats and integrity do not go together
i was literally about to say this. You are 100% on target. democrat integrity is an oxymoron.
I am a progressive Democrat and I regard myself as mostly operating with integrity.

Old 12-08-2021, 08:15 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
We should just compromise like moderates coming together would do....Democrats get their vaccine mandate and database if Republicans get voter ID in all states. I know the feds aren't supposed to tell states how to run elections though.

Old 12-08-2021, 04:33 PM

1,871 posts, read 648,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
We had protected seals before it was mandated.
But the point is clear, right? Just because there are few documented cases of voter fraud, that does not mean we should not close any gaps in the process because of the dire consequences. But the question I often asked of those who oppose any voter security measure: The goal of a fraud is not to get caught, so if a fraud was not caught, how do we know there was a fraud? And by the time the fraudulent vote is counted, it is too late.

Old 12-08-2021, 07:09 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
'voter suppression', my heinie..

In April 2020, Georgia Republicans passed an election integrity law known as Senate Bill 202. The legislation strengthened voter ID requirements, added early voting hours on weekends, mandated increased maintenance of voter rolls, and outlawed ballot harvesting, among other improvements to Georgia’s election processes.

It should be noted that these policies are widely popular among the American people: for example, polling shows that 80% of Americans support voter ID, 87% support banning ballot harvesting, and 89% are in favor of purging outdated, inaccurate voter lists.

The left wing’s response was swift, dishonest, and predictably hyperbolic. Stacey Abrams – known for losing gubernatorial elections and penning romance novels – took to the national airwaves, bravely holding her fellow Georgians accountable for the mortal sin of asking voters to flash a driver’s license. The new law was “Jim Crow 2.0” and “voter suppression,” she claimed, as left-leaning cable hosts nodded in grave assent. Major League Baseball, eager to alienate its few remaining fans, politely withdrew its All-Star Game from Atlanta, robbing Georgia – and many local Black business owners – of an estimated $100 million in expected revenue.

Then, something interesting happened. This November, Atlanta held municipal elections six months after the “voter suppression” law’s passage. The elections ran smoothly and turnout rose by 17% compared to 2017.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...te_146844.html
Joe Biden has dutifully engaged in his own large-scale attempts to undermine election integrity. Upon stumbling into office, he regurgitated the Stacey Abrams-approved “Jim Crow 2.0” rhetoric and absurdly likened the election integrity debate to the Civil War. Then came a series of national election bills loaded with extreme proposals that weakened voter ID, promoted ballot harvesting, and stripped local officials of authority – in other words, exactly what the American people do not want.

"Democrat" and "integrity" are mutually exclusive.

Old 12-08-2021, 08:55 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,369,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"All of the recent interest is based solely on lies."

Videos DON'T lie.

I guess you have never seen any of them because your "news" source NEVER SHOWED any them.
Videos can very easily be spliced or taken out of context. If the videos you’re referencing are the ones I’m thinking of the fraud suggested to be taking place has long since been debunked.

Old 12-09-2021, 03:21 AM

35,045 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
"Democrat" and "integrity" are mutually exclusive.
I hate to repeat myself but:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I am a progressive Democrat and I regard myself as mostly operating with integrity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies