Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2021, 06:35 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,027,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I think I was talking about shunning them from neighborhood barbecues, actually. Then someone got their knickers in a twist and started something about they shouldn't all be fired, etc. which isn't what I said.

I said you should look down your street when you're planning a neighborhood barbecue and skip dropping invitations off at the houses with large TRUMP or MAGA signs.
Let me refresh everyone’s memory:

Quote:
I think the Trump fans are beginning to realize just how many people, with power, are done with them, permanently.

You, who broke into the capitol, and you who cheer them on are not one of us anymore. You're not part of our community, and prepare to be completely shunned by the rest of us.

Quote:
Inciting civil unrest? You must be joking.

I’m inciting shunning,for those who are inciting civil unrest.

And inciting prosecution, through our legal system.

Quote:
Exactly. Prepare to be shunned.

I'm not calling for unrest.

I'm calling for shunning.

I am NOT calling for civil war, or separation of the states.

I suspect you don't know what shunning means. It means people aren't welcome in your home, and you don't speak to them on the street because they've done something harmful to the community, and you aren't having it.
Quote:
To people learning not to do that again.

The way shunning has always worked, in societies that practice it.

You see others shunned, you don't do that sh&t yourself.

Shunning works. It's just so cruel that it should only be used in extreme situations.

And it's not to be done by religion, or race, or ethnicity. But instead, by behavior. You behave in a way that's destructive, you won't be tolerated.
Big Tech Tyrants Hold Digital Book Burning While Leftists Cheer

Tell me again about how you are so upset by the lack of unity and cooperation and so forth? What you were saying about not wanting to reconcile?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2021, 06:41 PM

35,508 posts, read 17,765,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Let me refresh everyone’s memory:

Big Tech Tyrants Hold Digital Book Burning While Leftists Cheer

Tell me again about how you are so upset by the lack of unity and cooperation and so forth?
I'm not calling for the US to be ripped in two, and the states divided. I'm not calling to arms against those who disagree with the center.

But yes, I do wish those who ARE calling to split the country in half, please take your seat and shut up.

That seems clear to me in what you've quoted, that I've written. So, thanks.

Old 12-07-2021, 06:48 PM

Quote:
I'm not calling for the US to be ripped in two, and the states divided. I'm not calling to arms against those who disagree with the center.

But yes, I do wish those who ARE calling to split the country in half, please take your seat and shut up.

That seems clear to me in what you've quoted, that I've written. So, thanks.

You don’t achieve unity by shutting down all the people you disagree with. You have to include them, reach out to them, hear them. Their opinions are as valid as all those in the “center.”

What you want is your way or the highway. That isn’t how it works.

And geez, this is a billboard with normal photos. It isn’t Trump’s bloody severed head. I guess I need to search your posts to see if you opposed that.

Old 12-07-2021, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
You don’t achieve unity by shutting down all the people you disagree with. You have to include them, reach out to them, hear them. Their opinions are as valid as all those in the “center.”

What you want is your way or the highway. That isn’t how it works.

And geez, this is a billboard with normal photos. It isn’t Trump’s bloody severed head. I guess I need to search your posts to see if you opposed that.
You don't have to reach out to the people who are actively planning on how to divide the US in two.

No, you don't. Those people you have to shun.

Thank God there aren't all that many of them, but boy do they have loud voices.

And actually, no one has ever said to me, face to face, that I only want my way or the highway. Exactly the opposite. That I'm open to compromise to a fault.

But not with people who are dividing up my country in sections and ready to take up arms to make it happen.

Old 12-07-2021, 06:51 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,504,350 times
Quote:
The major division started, IMHO, with Obama's election to a second term.

The far right believed that once America got a good solid look at Obama, he'd be defeated for a second term.

And that didn't happen.

So a rage began to boil.

Trump didn't BRING the angry revolution, he was CAUSED by it. The right was so very angry, that they wanted someone rude and hostile and hateful in office, who could speak publicly of their anger toward the right.

Trump didn't cause this. He rode the wave of far right rage into office, and surfed on top of it the whole time.

And now that their symbol of their rage has been defeated, the powder keg is about to explode.

But no, 2017 - 2020 wasn't "good ol' days". It was exceedingly volatile.

And now, here we are. On the precipice of recovering from a world wide pandemic, and we're still embroiled in fury against each other.
Nope. Obama contributed to the division, but the trend was already out there with people on the right being called deplorables and other terrible things. The left made it clear that if anyone disagreed with them, it was due to racism, sexism, xenophobia, homophobia, etc. They were particularly hateful toward anyone who had what they considered 'traditional values'. Believe in God, the flag, the country, patriotism, or state you thought American needs should be put before the needs of those in other countries or illegals, it was because you were a nationalist, just like brown shirts in Germany. So the left created the need for Trump with their hatred and divisiveness.

Old 12-07-2021, 06:51 PM

21,402 posts, read 10,475,115 times
Quote:
Very unifying. How lovely, as we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel of COVID and can get back on our feet.
After what y’all have done since 2016, I have no interest in unifying.

Old 12-07-2021, 06:53 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,504,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
After what y’all have done since 2016, I have no interest in unifying.
The left always throws that out when you don't go along with them, or criticize them. They showed how much they wanted unity from the time Trump won until the day he lost.

I'm with you. They can take a hike.

Old 12-07-2021, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
The left always throws that out when you don't go along with them, or criticize them. They showed how much they wanted unity from the time Trump won until the day he lost.

I'm with you. They can take a hike.
There are more of them than there are of you.

Rest with that a minute.

Quote:
You don't have to reach out to the people who are actively planning on how to divide the US in two.

No, you don't. Those people you have to shun.

Thank God there aren't all that many of them, but boy do they have loud voices.

And actually, no one has ever said to me, face to face, that I only want my way or the highway. Exactly the opposite. That I'm open to compromise to a fault.

But not with people who are dividing up my country in sections and ready to take up arms to make it happen.
There’s plenty of outreach to BLM and Antifa and the like. You seem OK with that, even though they want to tear the US apart.

It’s just ugly to call for your fellow Americans to be shunned. They are just as important as you and me and everyone else.

21,402 posts, read 10,475,115 times
Quote:
It's not Biden doing this. It's people who have no desire, at all, to unify.

Our country, right now, is irreconcilable if there are those who would pay for billboards like that.

Does this make us look like a strong, dominant, invincible world power? No, it doesn't.

It makes us look like the injured lamb in the flock of sheep/other nations. And the wolves will come for us if we can't manage to be at least civil to each other.

It's like a married couple forced into counseling. If one actually doesn't WANT to reconcile, the efforts of the therapist and the other spouse aren't going to work. Because that one actually is enjoying the separation and discord.
Your side made up bs about Russian collusion and we spent at least $30,000,000 investigating a campaign opposition research LIE, and you’re honestly upset over a funny billboard?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies