Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2021, 04:27 PM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times

Advertisements

OK Democrats, maybe you can answer a question for me. Just why would Joe Biden do more to protect Ukraine from an invasion from Russia-when he refuses do lift a finger to stop the invasion of this country across our southern border. Rather than stopping it-he enables, encourages and finances it. When invaders cross our borders illegally-they are just flown to different cities across the country. Hey, maybe that's what Ukraine needs to do-roll out the red carpet, provide transport, education, housing and health care for any Russian that crosses their border.

We're concerned with 170,000 Russians on Ukraine's border? Tell me, just how many foreign criminals have already invaded this country? How about we make it easy-how many just this year? My bet is a whole lot more than 170,000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2021, 04:35 PM

588 posts, read 224,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior7 View Post
I’m not sure why Ukraine is our business , do we have troops over there ? Why is Russia so interested in starting a war there ?
Its not our business. Its only important to all of the warhawks and war profiteers within our government and unfortunately there are quite a few on both sides.

Old 12-08-2021, 04:37 PM

24,458 posts, read 17,203,514 times
The Democrats have made a lot of money over the years from the Ukraine and I'm sure they do not want that to end. Heck I think Hunter has them lined up to buy some of his paintings with a 10% cut to the "big guy" of course..

I wonder how much financial aide we send to the Ukraine? Is it in the millions or Billions?

I had to look it up and it is not Billions so that is a relief but it looks like we handed $275 Million to the Ukraine in military aide and we are ready to release another 100 Million to them since Russia is threatening.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...iden-aide-says

WHY are we handing them $375 Million? Of course that is a drop in the bucket to Biden's Trillions but there are millions of Illegal Aliens... sorry millions of US citizens that could really use that money.

Will we ever stop propping up foreign entities with money we do not have?

Old 12-08-2021, 04:55 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
OK Democrats, maybe you can answer a question for me. Just why would Joe Biden do more to protect Ukraine from an invasion from Russia-when he refuses do lift a finger to stop the invasion of this country across our southern border. Rather than stopping it-he enables, encourages and finances it. When invaders cross our borders illegally-they are just flown to different cities across the country. Hey, maybe that's what Ukraine needs to do-roll out the red carpet, provide transport, education, housing and health care for any Russian that crosses their border.

We're concerned with 170,000 Russians on Ukraine's border? Tell me, just how many foreign criminals have already invaded this country? How about we make it easy-how many just this year? My bet is a whole lot more than 170,000.

Actually, it's the other way around;

up to three million Ukrainians moved to Russia, looking for jobs.
So they are the ones crossing the border, not the other way around.

( I know it was not your point, so just saying, since the US media will never report on such things.)

Old 12-08-2021, 05:25 PM

1,192 posts, read 615,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Just brainstorming on the Ukraine, it might be in Americas best interest to let it go. The Clintons made millions in a deal to sell half of Americas uranium through the Ukraine to Russia, Hunter Biden is on the board of energy companies and who knows what other funny business is happening with the corrupt Dems. Trump gets impeached when he legally inquires about some of the business dealings happening there.
Exactly! It's all about money and the Biden's and the Clintons can't get enough of it.

Old 12-08-2021, 05:41 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior7 View Post
I’m not sure why Ukraine is our business , do we have troops over there ? Why is Russia so interested in starting a war there ?
It's not really important to us. But good people do not stand by and do nothing as well armed bullies simply go around invading and taking over foreign nations and imposing their will on the people. The woman being raped on the subway train, right before your eyes, what is she to you?

Old 12-08-2021, 05:50 PM

10,385 posts, read 10,650,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Without pointing at your nick here, I can't stop getting surprised by the gusto, by the commanding tone of certain people here, who have little to none knowledge of the topic, yet are all *authority,* are all *in the know.*

Why couldn't you google a bit, before coming up with your statements, in order to not to look like... well, the description of the nick you chose?

"Brzezinski, who was born in Poland, in fact acted as the lead political advisor on foreign affairs to President Obama during his 2008 campaign and is still unofficially advising him on foreign policy today. Brzezinski’s advice, based on what he asserted in his interview with Zakaria, is likely to shape Obama’s near term actions in the Middle East as well as his campaign platform."

https://www.mintpressnews.com/zbigni...-policy/21369/

Here is more;

"In August 2007, Brzezinski endorsed Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama. He stated that Obama "recognizes that the challenge is a new face, a new sense of direction, a new definition of America's role in the world"[78] and that "What makes Obama attractive to me is that he understands that we live in a very different world where we have to relate to a variety of cultures and people."[79] In September 2007 during a speech on the Iraq war, Obama introduced Brzezinski as "one of our most outstanding thinkers,"

And while we are that, let's look closer at the man behind today's crisis, shall we? (The italic comments are mine)

"He actively supported Polish Solidarity ( I did too btw,) and the Afghan resistance to Soviet invasion, ( read the radical Islamists,)and provided covert support for national independence movements in the Soviet Union.[citation needed] He played a leading role in normalizing U.S.–PRC relations and in the development of joint strategic cooperation, cultivating a relationship with Deng Xiaoping, for which he is thought very highly of in mainland China to this day."

"In the 1990s he formulated the strategic case for buttressing the independent statehood of Ukraine, partially as a means to prevent a resurgence of the Russian Empire,[citation needed] and to drive Russia toward integration with the West, promoting instead "geopolitical pluralism" in the space of the former Soviet Union. He developed "a plan for Europe" urging the expansion of NATO, making the case for the expansion of NATO to the Baltic states."

Care for me to decipher what this all means?
The integration of Russia with the West on condition of the appendix of the natural resources, with "pluralism" of broken apart leftovers of Russia.

Do I need to say more?

But moving on;

"Consolidating U.S. gains in befriending Communist China was a major priority stressed by Brzezinski during his time as National Security Advisor."

"On October 10, 2007, Brzezinski along with other influential signatories sent a letter to President George W. Bush and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice titled "Failure Risks Devastating Consequences." The letter was partly an advice and a warning of the failure of an upcoming[61] U.S.-sponsored Middle East conference scheduled for November 2007 between representatives of Israelis and Palestinians. The letter also suggested to engage in "a genuine dialogue with Hamas" rather than to isolate it further.[62]"

"Brzezinski was prominently critical of the Clinton administration's hesitation to intervene against the Serb forces in the Bosnian war.[70] He also began to speak out against Russia's First Chechen War, forming the American Committee for Peace in Chechnya. Wary of a move toward the reinvigoration of Russian power, Brzezinski negatively viewed the succession of former KGB agent Vladimir Putin after Boris Yeltsin. In this vein, he became one of the foremost advocates of NATO expansion. He wrote in 1998 that "Without Ukraine, Russia ceases to be a Eurasian empire."[71] He later came out in support of the 1999 NATO bombing of Serbia during the Kosovo war.[72]"

Good enough, or should I go further?
Sorry, not good enough. You wrote a lot here but you missed the point. I'm not sure what you are arguing. I get the feeling you know much about this subject and feel very passionately about it. I'm guessing you might be a native of the former USSR or Warsaw Pact country because of your passion. My point is this. I simply stated that:

Quote:
Brzezinski was National Security Advisor to Jimmy Carter. He never held any position in the Obama administration.
Everything you stated agrees with that.

Old 12-08-2021, 05:50 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonka View Post
Don't say this^ to any Russian - you are risking to have broken bones.
Skyrocketing crime (#1 in the world, bypassing places like Afghan and Somali), no jobs, homeless kids all over the streets, poverty worse than in Africa and no light at the of the tunnel. Yeah, "great" years. Sure, USA loved it.
The American people have never wished ill will on the people of Russia. We have always felt pity for them during the horrible years under the USSR. We also felt pity for them as they tried to make their country work after the break up, when the corrupt were busy stealing everyone blind.

Old 12-08-2021, 05:52 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,856,789 times
Wow, just reading the first page of posts, i can see there are a lot of people commenting on this issue who know nothing about it.
The Dunning-Kruger effect is strong on this board.

Old 12-08-2021, 05:57 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Ukraine is weak!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teSXcJlpMl8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies