Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2021, 06:01 AM

19,049 posts, read 13,964,273 times

Advertisements

So firstly, this is a STATE issue. Secondly, it's highly charged politics.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2021, 06:11 AM

6,993 posts, read 2,705,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
While I'm generally against giving aid to foreigners when there are struggling Americans, in this case I'm fine with it as we literally destroyed their country and they risked their lives to help our war effort in Afghanistan while serving as interpreters, etc. I feel the same about support to Vietnamese refugees after the Vietnam War.
These "refugees" have access to their bank accounts back home. They should be paying their own way.

Old 12-09-2021, 06:14 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
I don’t disagree with you, but then the list of countries we blew threw is very big.
“we”?

Old 12-09-2021, 06:37 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
These "refugees" have access to their bank accounts back home. They should be paying their own way.
Are you sure about that? Many of them looked lucky to make it out of there with the clothes on their backs. Even if they did have bank accounts back in Afghanistan, I'd imagine that they do not have access to such and that returning to Afghanistan would be suicide.

Old 12-09-2021, 06:43 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
While I'm generally against giving aid to foreigners when there are struggling Americans, in this case I'm fine with it as we literally destroyed their country and they risked their lives to help our war effort in Afghanistan while serving as interpreters, etc. I feel the same about support to Vietnamese refugees after the Vietnam War.
This. We made the mess that created the situation with these people. DIRECTLY.

Old 12-09-2021, 01:39 PM

5,826 posts, read 2,945,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
“we”?
WE the USA. Not me or you have aver had a vote in any of the wars, did we?
Syria we had to back away from and Iran too, Russia blocked those real well.

Ukraine is on the line, but everyone knows Putin wont blink and everyone will behave.

Old 12-12-2021, 04:07 PM

6,993 posts, read 2,705,786 times
Quote:
Are you sure about that? Many of them looked lucky to make it out of there with the clothes on their backs. Even if they did have bank accounts back in Afghanistan, I'd imagine that they do not have access to such and that returning to Afghanistan would be suicide.
ATMs work anywhere in the world.

Old 12-12-2021, 06:05 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,308,300 times
Job training and language skills will allow them to get jobs and assimilate.

It's for "programs meant to provide health care and mental health, as well as services for language skills, job training and immigration legal assistance."

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/ce...-resettlement-

Old 12-12-2021, 06:29 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
Quote:
No non-American on Earth should be prioritized over an American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
View detailed profiles of: