Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2021, 09:48 PM

2,409 posts, read 1,530,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomicdoug View Post

The inflation that Carter was plagued with started under Reagan. Look it up.
I think your googler is broken. No, it definitely is broken. Don't ever use it again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2021, 09:52 PM

298 posts, read 341,810 times
There were multiple rounds of stimulus checks, the first round of those came under Trump, no?
Because the COVID situation got so bad, the powers that be decided to avoid a massive recession and loss of 40 million jobs, the government had to print money.

Well a fair assessment would be BOTH Presidents borrowed too much. Trump did massive tax cuts when they weren't really needed, he wanted 6% GDP growth (too high). The huge corp. tax cut spiked the markets giving the wealthy and upper middle class bigger portfolios.

Companies are having to pay $$$ to get workers right now. Is it Biden's fault that there's a shortage of workers??

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Nah, but because Trump folks want to insist it is. The Sleepy Joe economy isn’t sustainable. He’s paid out so much free stuff to folks to sit on the couch, printed and borrowed so much money that it’s laughable…and let’s not forget forget for the last 4+ years we’ve heard whoever is in charge is responsible for everything that happens, and that’s on old and demented Sleepy Joe

Old 12-10-2021, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monello View Post
I think your googler is broken. No, it definitely is broken. Don't ever use it again.
whoops my bad. I meant FORD. Senior moment.

Old 12-10-2021, 09:54 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
There were multiple rounds of stimulus checks, the first round of those came under Trump, no?
Because the COVID situation got so bad, the powers that be decided to avoid a massive recession and loss of 40 million jobs, the government had to print money.

Well a fair assessment would be BOTH Presidents borrowed too much. Trump did massive tax cuts when they weren't really needed, he wanted 6% GDP growth (too high). The huge corp. tax cut spiked the markets giving the wealthy and upper middle class bigger portfolios.

Companies are having to pay $$$ to get workers right now. Is it Biden's fault that there's a shortage of workers??
Yep, and Sleepy Joe extended it which wasn’t needed…and let’s not forget the ridiculous amount of money he’s giving out per kid.

Yep, because he’s paid a ridiculous amount of money to folks to stay home and he’s still doing it.

But please do keep obsessing about because Trump as Dems approval ratings continue to plummet and the red wave is coming, lol.

Old 12-10-2021, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monello View Post

haha I could still make it work.
It started with Reagan being Governor of California... the largest economy in the USA lol.

Old 12-10-2021, 09:55 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Nearly all moderate voices have been stamped out. And when I say moderate, I mean strong conservatives but moderate in voice and action. That includes Paul Ryan, Jeff Flake, Jeff Sessions, John Kasich, Chris Christie... there is no room in the GOP any more for a Liz Cheney.

The GOP has been radicalized, the country further divided. Trump allows no dissent, it's all about loyalty to Trump and consolidating power. If you speak out against him he will primary you- it doesn't always work but usually it's enough to silence his critics. It worked for Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio.

All it says to me is that it shows these people's true character. Mostly hollow self-serving hacks. The only ones I respect are Kinzinger CHeney and Romney.

50 years the whole GOP would have convicted him in the first year after the impeachment. He would have been impeached by his own party.
Yes, loyalty to Trump instead of our country. I just don't understand that.

Old 12-10-2021, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
It’s hilarious how folks think the KKK is even a speck on the map anymore. Last I read there were less than 500 members, lol. How many are there now?
Sure but they've been replaced by the Proud Boys and 100 other groups that think the same.

Old 12-10-2021, 09:58 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
whoops my bad. I meant FORD. Senior moment.
Actually inflation had been going up before Ford. Remember Nixxon's wage and price controls?

Old 12-10-2021, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Yes, loyalty to Trump instead of our country. I just don't understand that.
Because Trump wields tremendous political power because of all the MAGA folks he brings out. The "old" GOP which consisted of people like McCain, Dole, Colin Powell, the Bushes, Kasich etc is gone.

WHat is there to understand...?? Look at Rubio and Cruz... Senators make millions by being Senators and getting re-elected. You can't publicly go against Trump and win in Florida or other MAGA strongholds.

The GOP should have rid themselves of Trump by impeaching him, then a much more sane Mike Pence would have assumed office.

Old 12-10-2021, 10:00 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Sure but they've been replaced by the Proud Boys and 100 other groups that think the same.
Lol. Not even close to Antifa, BLM, etc…, but keep deflecting as crime skyrockets, cities get turned into cesspools, etc… Folks have had enough of the nonsense and the more it goes on the more approval ratings plummet. Keep up the good work because y’all gonna lose if you keep obsessing versus cleaning up Sleepy Joes yard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies