Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2021, 02:56 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times

Advertisements

Updated Statement on Federal Vaccine Requirements

A federal court recently issued a preliminary injunction, temporarily blocking enforcement of the COVID-19 vaccine federal mandate by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). That rule is now on hold.

In light of these developments, we are pausing the implementation of our COVID-19 vaccine policy, which required all employees and those who provide services with us to either receive the COVID-19 vaccine or an approved exemption with accommodations.

A win for freedom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2021, 10:01 PM

27,158 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Wish we get a final ruling telling us it is stopped for good soon as Jan. 4th is fast approaching.

Old 12-03-2021, 10:19 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,795,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Wish we get a final ruling telling us it is stopped for good soon as Jan. 4th is fast approaching.
I believe the prelim injunction is good indefinitely as long as court proceedings are pending. At least the 5th Circuit injunction was.

But yes, that would be lovely. My hope is SCOTUS goes further and overturns Chevron deference, which is a complete crock of ****. Administrative agencies are not allowed to legislate. They exist to execute existing legislation.

Old 12-03-2021, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
I believe the prelim injunction is good indefinitely as long as court proceedings are pending. At least the 5th Circuit injunction was.

But yes, that would be lovely. My hope is SCOTUS goes further and overturns Chevron deference, which is a complete crock of ****. Administrative agencies are not allowed to legislate. They exist to execute existing legislation.
I'm waiting with baited breath for it to run it's full course through the Courts.

Old 12-03-2021, 11:20 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Updated Statement on Federal Vaccine Requirements

A federal court recently issued a preliminary injunction, temporarily blocking enforcement of the COVID-19 vaccine federal mandate by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). That rule is now on hold.

In light of these developments, we are pausing the implementation of our COVID-19 vaccine policy, which required all employees and those who provide services with us to either receive the COVID-19 vaccine or an approved exemption with accommodations.

A win for freedom.
So you get sick and go to hospital with a hernia n have surgery. Ok for anyone snotty or not - to take care of you in your weakened state or maybe your wife or dad ?

Old 12-04-2021, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
So you get sick and go to hospital with a hernia n have surgery. Ok for anyone snotty or not - to take care of you in your weakened state or maybe your wife or dad ?
Smart people stay home when they are sick, vaccinated or not.

Old 12-04-2021, 01:26 AM

11,033 posts, read 5,993,059 times
Quote:
Smart people stay home when they are sick, vaccinated or not.
True that but the problem with being vaxxed is that we are more likely to be asymptomatic and thus not know we are infected. That's the big problem with being vaxxed, as I see it. I've seen that happening.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-04-2021 at 02:31 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 12-04-2021, 01:51 AM

1,154 posts, read 274,621 times
Quote:
I'm waiting with baited breath for it to run it's full course through the Courts.

Ditto. I can't really relax until then. Temporary is just temporary.

Old 12-06-2021, 12:14 PM

18,469 posts, read 8,292,857 times
Default Florida - Advent Health will no longer require its 83,000 employees to be vaccinated against Covid

this is really all over the place....

"One of Florida’s biggest hospital systems suspended all of its Covid vaccine mandates."

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...cine-mandates/

===========

"The Cleveland Clinic Hospitals issued a statement Thursday that it will instead institute additional “safety” requirements for unvaccinated employees, “including periodic testing for those providing direct care to patients.”"

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...d-malpractice/

===============
...meanwhile, in other news
===============

"Massachusetts Hospital Fires 200 Employees For Not Getting Covid Vaccine"

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...covid-vaccine/

Old 12-06-2021, 12:19 PM

628 posts, read 286,626 times
This is not a state issue though. The issue is the mandate that healthcare facilities receiving federal funds (i.e. Medicare/Medicaid) are required to have. I know there will be a long legal battle over this issue, but a Florida hospital trying to claim glory for not requiring it is ridiculous as it's a federal mandate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies