Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 05:35 AM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoninnyc View Post
yes, i am half asian so i know how that goes. asians and jewish people marry quite often. i am half white of northern euro descent. i have a new racial theory. half breeds are genetically superior. it has actually been proven. more resilient and less diseases. now ha! i am better than all of you.
LOL, I just noticed this post. I'm 100% Ashkenazi Jew, as far back as we can trace... and ironically, my Irish/Jewish friend always jokes about my family being genetically weak (getting sick & hurt all the time), so maybe that's a factor? I have a "mutt" cat and dog, who are both incredibly healthy; but my purebred has worms & URIs all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2007, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
BTW, Gizmo and your comrades, I think you're a bit thin skinned and like to play victim when it fits your agenda. Now, I don't know ROOT personally, but as for me, it's tiring to be a white christian devil that is the sole source for all racial and ethnic intolerance.
So it's "playing victim" when somebody victimizes and antagonizes you??? How is that? I'm sorry, but if you've ever experienced real discrimination, you'll know what it feels like... and we have EVERY right to call them on it. If we just sit back and keep quiet, people get away with having attitudes - which can eventually lead to a dangerous situation. As for being the "Christian Devil", whoever said that? Talk about being thin-skinned, I think you're pulling that out of nowhere... did I not say we are all the same deep down, and that Christianity just stands for good morals & kindness?

Old 01-10-2007, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Incorrect.
Most who don't like Jews are Muslim and worship a prophet.
That might be true in the Middle East & historically, but in this country we're usually discriminated against by Christians (not all Christians, mind you ). I've actually found that American Muslims are usually very kind to Jews, since we have a lot in common... plus they are typically here to escape the "bad apples" in their faith, and therefore don't subscribe to the "death to Israel" beliefs. I've been alive & Jewish for thirty years now, and have only been mistreated by one Muslim (who I actually dated, so it was mainly post-breakup crap) in this country... and I didn't get much of that in Israel or Turkey, though I was told to hide my necklace in Germany.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:37 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,569,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
So it's "playing victim" when somebody victimizes and antagonizes you??? How is that? I'm sorry, but if you've ever experienced real discrimination, you'll know what it feels like... and we have EVERY right to call them on it. If we just sit back and keep quiet, people get away with having attitudes - which can eventually lead to a dangerous situation. As for being the "Christian Devil", whoever said that? Talk about being thin-skinned, I think you're pulling that out of nowhere... did I not say we are all the same deep down, and that Christianity just stands for good morals & kindness?
Nice try, but I read through your thinly veiled codespeak.

Old 01-10-2007, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Nice try, but I read through your thinly veiled codespeak.
Ummmmm... okay?! Like I said, you seem to be more sensitive than "us" - unless you're just being sarcastic, in which case I'd apologize.

Old 01-10-2007, 08:05 AM

Never mind.......

Old 01-10-2007, 09:36 AM

79 posts, read 286,013 times
all i meant by the christian thing and i am a christian is that jesus was a jew. jesus is our god. therefore hating jews does not make sense. i don't like the arguments that jews killed jesus as a reason to not like jews. jesus was a jew. if you are from detroit and get killed it is probably gonna be by a resident of detroit, ya know? and it is true that much of the anti-jewish animosity is from muslims. funny because islam was founded by an arab, and much of the muslim world is arabic and arabs and jews are both semites. guess it is kind of like how japanese and chinese hate each other. or irish and english. so maybe diversity isn't really the issue because people tend to hate groups that are closer related to them but different.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:49 PM

Quote:
all i meant by the christian thing and i am a christian is that jesus was a jew. jesus is our god. therefore hating jews does not make sense. i don't like the arguments that jews killed jesus as a reason to not like jews. jesus was a jew. if you are from detroit and get killed it is probably gonna be by a resident of detroit, ya know? and it is true that much of the anti-jewish animosity is from muslims. funny because islam was founded by an arab, and much of the muslim world is arabic and arabs and jews are both semites. guess it is kind of like how japanese and chinese hate each other. or irish and english. so maybe diversity isn't really the issue because people tend to hate groups that are closer related to them but different.
Okay, I think I get'cha now. And I agree with a lot of that, since I've always said it's the reason why Muslims & Jews have issues... I took a comparative religion course, and was surprised at the number of traditions we have in common! So yes, it's very true that people often hate those who are similar - and yet different in small ways. Guess that's why some family members tend to fight a lot, LOL. But unfortunately hate comes from all sides, so it's also the extreme differences that can create problems... wish I knew a solution, but there probably will never be a good one.

And while it's true that it doesn't make sense for Christians to hate Jews, it does obviously happen... most of the "white pride/power" groups are Christian-based (by that, I mean they claim it as their religion), and we're among their biggest targets. But I suppose they don't have much intelligence or logic, right? I should also add that when I said "Christian" before, I meant the loosest meaning of that term... people who celebrate Christmas and such, but apparently don't understand the faith's true meaning.

Old 01-11-2007, 03:12 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,569,268 times
Quote:
all i meant by the christian thing and i am a christian is that jesus was a jew. jesus is our god. therefore hating jews does not make sense. i don't like the arguments that jews killed jesus as a reason to not like jews. jesus was a jew....... so maybe diversity isn't really the issue because people tend to hate groups that are closer related to them but different.
No, diversity is not the real issue. I for one don't think it makes much sense to hate anyone based on religion. Hate is a word used too often, imo. I doubt anyone here would admit to hating an entire group of people, but we all should reserve the right to be further educated about our surroundings.

Old 05-11-2007, 08:59 PM

97 posts, read 371,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post

I ask myself, is diversity overrated?

The language barriers, the gang-wars, the constant police scandals, riots, school shootings, rampant racism, groups not assimilating, and profuse illegal Mexicans who make me feel like I am living in a third world country. I wonder if my life would be better-without it... What if.. we all shared a culture and a common language?

I have visited many cities. I have seen diversity to work both as a benefit, and as a negative. In the positive society's, people are united. People share common culture, while not forgetting their past. In negative societies people grasp onto their past and refuse to unite. I think that one of the first ways we can reverse this negative is to deport ALL illegal aliens.

Truely Yours.
Diversity is very overrated, specially because it is RARE when a 'diverse area' other than NYC, remains diverse for long. What usually happens is that people of a certain race or culture continue to flock into a certain area and they create "pressure points" on other races and cultures and people from the other cultures get so "overrun" by the prodominant race that they leave.

Take El Paso, Texas. Growing up, it was 40% white, 30% black, and 30% Mexican Hispanic. NOW go to El Paso. It is like 90% Hispanic now. A oddly-named term is used for that: "white flight". But in the case of El Paso, there is a "black flight" too, because a lot of African Americans also left. El Paso is very run down.... caused by diversity?? One would have to think so... or can you provide any insight as to why that happened?

So the 'diversity' in El Paso is now gone, the place is run by Mexican legal and illegal aliens. It is funny, there is NO 'diversity' in the Hispanics in El Paso... they are all Mexican. This is a product of open borders, if you ask me.

Take Poiniana/Kissimmee areas outside Orlando, FL. The areas were traditionally agricultural, land owned by small white farmers and by small black farmers. Now you go there it's 90% Hispanic at least. It is an "inner-city ghetto", except you are not downtown and there are no high rises. The culture of inner-city violence is there. So is the graffiti, drugs, and murders. I was there not long ago. Crime and gangs are everywhere. It is chaos.

Diversity brings more problems to communities than it brings benefits. It is cool to see all types of people and all sorts of ethinic restaurants, but is that enough of a benefit to outweight the problems? I think........ NOT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies