Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2021, 03:55 PM

25,725 posts, read 12,800,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
None of the Dems I know condone stealing, burning and killing.
then where is this hate of law enforcement coming from w/in the Dem party? Please elaborate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2021, 04:02 PM

8,491 posts, read 4,735,625 times
Well, back when I started to think about criminal justice reform around 2014ish, the onus wasn’t on cops, but rather the laws on the books, jails/prisons, prosecutors, and the side of it which adjudicated matters, not on the first responder side.

A lot of the so-called reformers now piggybacked off of that but then both pivoted towards cops (and to be fair, they should be looked at as well) and away from the more in-depth and holistic approach we had always maintained.

Quite frankly I’m angry at SJWs like BLM for actually setting meaningful reform back for decades by tarnishing the term and the movement in exchange for quick hits of virtue signaling, Twitter-viral dopamine. They have betrayed the idea of making meaningful, in-depth change, but also potential allies with a deep passion and knowledge of the subject, as well as the people they purport to speak for. The PR and political damage is now so bad that it’ll be 20 years before adults can take over the conversation again, and that’s if these idiots quit now. Which of course they won’t.

Old 12-08-2021, 04:09 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
then where is this hate of law enforcement coming from w/in the Dem party? Please elaborate.
I don't follow politics enough to know who says what. All I know is that I personally and none of the Dems I know, along with many of the Dem posters on this board, condone stealing, killing, etc. Besides, the assertion was that Dems condoned it, not the Dem party.

Old 12-08-2021, 04:31 PM

14,226 posts, read 4,590,273 times
The left “ACAB, defund the police, **** the police”

Also the left “17 year old boy should not armed himself with a rifle to protect property during a riot. That job should be done by the professionals like the police”

Old 12-08-2021, 04:36 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlubGlub View Post
The beed is not individual cops.
The beef is the institution’s that protect bad cops, and good cops letting bad cops get away with their actions. Thus canceling out their good cop status.
This is just human nature. It's like the unqualified people where we work that got their job either because of a piece of paper, which is no guarantee someone is qualified, or because they sucked up to the right people.

I agree this issue of bad cops chasing out good ones needs to be addressed, just like the crisis of inept management we face these days. We also have inept politicians and police chiefs.

Old 12-08-2021, 04:37 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,085,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Sure they did. They criticized the police response and Trump and the white supremacy.
Criticizing Trump has nothing to do with speaking about law enforcement, he's living rent free in your head. And Law enforcement is not above the laws they have sworn to uphold .

Old 12-08-2021, 04:39 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,428,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Law enforcement is literally the modern descendant of slave catchers and strike-breakers, and exist to protect the property of Capital from workers. Nobody is saying there's no need for any security services, but police departments as they exist today are not designed for that purpose.

Too bad they didn't protect the property of workers during the 2020 riots.

Old 12-08-2021, 04:44 PM

6,659 posts, read 2,966,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Criticizing Trump has nothing to do with speaking about law enforcement, he's living rent free in your head.
You are right, he doesn't. But that doesn't stop the Dems. Who is living in their head, not mine.

They pretty much criticized everything But the rioters. Which is the point of the OP.

Old 12-08-2021, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I dont recall dems criticizing the summer of love. Exhibit 1
Dems consist of more than politicians or whoever it is you are talking about. None of the Dems I know, myself included condemn looting, burning, stealing, etc.

Old 12-08-2021, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I certainly don't hate law enforcement. None of my friends or other people I know who are Dems hate law enforcement. That's about all the elaboration I'm qualified to give.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies