Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2021, 09:40 PM

6,670 posts, read 3,288,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
We have it really cheap compared to Europe. Maybe we are already paying less than our “fair share”.
Gas in Europe is expensive because a) they have to import almost all of it and b) they have outrageous taxes on it.

Here in the U.S. we were energy independent until Biden put the kibosh on that and created the mess we have now.

IMO we pay more than our fair share -- much more. You can't compare the U.S. to Europe because we have the resources here. Just because they pay more doesn't mean we have to. We were fine until Bozo Biden took over the show and it's been one disaster after another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2021, 06:19 AM

5,102 posts, read 4,864,655 times
"Fair Share" is just the Dems' new go-to phrase. Kind of like "Think of the children" of a few years back.It's just meant to make you think, "Oh. Hey, I've got do do this. It's my duty as a participating member of modern society".

Old 12-09-2021, 06:57 AM

16,745 posts, read 8,107,387 times
[quote=Camaro5;62468431]Gas in Europe is expensive because a) they have to import almost all of it and b) they have outrageous taxes on it.

Here in the U.S. we were energy independent until Biden put the kibosh on that and created the mess we have now.

This line is wrong ^. We still get imported oil. Even when the former GOP idiot was in office.

https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=727&t=6

Old 12-09-2021, 07:04 AM

5,458 posts, read 2,208,541 times
https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...gouged-for-gas
....Biden Wednesday said his administration would make sure that Americans are not being “gouged for gas,” noting the recent decline in prices. Biden credited his administration’s decision last month to release 50 million barrels of oil from the nation's Strategic Petroleum Reserve during a speech in Kansas City where he said the average price of gas had fallen below $3 per gallon.

“Those savings are starting to reach drivers,” Biden said in remarks at the Kansas City Area Transportation Authority. “We’re making progress. We’re going to keep at it to ensure the American people are paying their fair share for gas, not being gouged for gas.”

...The price of crude oil has declined from its October peak of almost $85 to $72 per barrel, representing good news for the White House.

Old 12-09-2021, 07:25 AM

23,447 posts, read 23,787,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
We have it really cheap compared to Europe. Maybe we are already paying less than our “fair share”.
False.

The pump price is higher in Europe because those countries impose massive taxes on it.

The cost of the FUEL is about the same.

Old 12-09-2021, 07:28 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,838,709 times
"Fair share". When I buy my gasoline, I pay my fair share in the price is all the drilling cost, exploration cast, franking cost, refining cost, transportation, retailers cost, profit and taxes. What cost am I not paying?

Old 12-09-2021, 07:33 AM

23,447 posts, read 23,787,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
"Fair Share" is just the Dems' new go-to phrase. Kind of like "Think of the children" of a few years back.It's just meant to make you think, "Oh. Hey, I've got do do this. It's my duty as a participating member of modern society".
It's deeper than that. It's a call for the end of individual liberty.

Think I'm being hyperbolic? Play out that concept to its logical conclusion, keeping in mind that the government's appetite is NEVER satiated. Once you let them set a precedent with ANY kind of transfer of power from you to them (your money is part of your political power, don't forget), they'll exploit that again and again, citing that first instance.

"Fair share" is language intended to convince you that it's in your best interest to pay the government more money, ostensibly because it's in society's best interest and you're part of society. What it really is, is a long con. They've gained your CONfidence, and now they're exploiting it to take something of value from you.

Old 12-09-2021, 07:35 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,748,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
"Fair share". When I buy my gasoline, I pay my fair share in the price is all the drilling cost, exploration cast, franking cost, refining cost, transportation, retailers cost, profit and taxes. What cost am I not paying?
This. I'm already paying the fair market value of the product (or at least what is deemed so) as determined by the market.

Old 12-09-2021, 08:24 AM

16,934 posts, read 12,478,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Wouldn't it be great if Traitor Joe had his teleprompter hacked and the Babylon Bee writers wrote his speech? He'd just read it verbatim, not batting an eye.
LOL. I would love to do this. The possibilities are endless.

Off the top of my head.

We invade Canada tomorrow.

Have you ever noticed how sexy your average goat is?

Have you ever noticed how sexy Vladmir Putin is riding a horse without a shirt?

Im not actually Biden. I am clone 32.

Think I can get a harem like Kim Jong Bong of North Korera?

Hey Bud! Lets Party!

I have a [graphic talk about having extremely large genitals]

Old 12-09-2021, 04:19 PM

6,670 posts, read 3,288,903 times
[quote=Boss;62469591]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
This line is wrong ^. We still get imported oil. Even when the former GOP idiot was in office.
Speaking of idiots, you should try reading your own linked article. According to that:

The resulting total net petroleum imports (imports minus exports) were about -0.63 MMb/d in 2020, which means that the United States was a net petroleum exporter of 0.63 MMb/d in 2020.

I never said we didn't import oil, but we did export more than we imported.

Try reading this:

It is true that in 2019 our net imports of crude oil and finished products flipped from positive to negative. By that metric, we became energy independent (at last as far as our oil consumption goes). It is also true that Donald Trump was president when this happened for the first time in October 2019.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier...h=1d8440701387

It boggles the mind that some people are just too stubborn to admit that Biden is an abject failure. It can't be said in simpler terms than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies