Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2021, 01:12 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
They have not existed for years, this is the first time they have ever been used on humans, unsuccessful in previous animal attempts. Stop spreading false info please.

Do you even understand science?
I understand science extremely well. Onpattro (patisiran) infusion for the treatment of peripheral nerve disease (polyneuropathy) has been used since 2018 when it was approved by the FDA. You are demonstrably wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2021, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Rabies is not an mRNA vaccine, please stop spreading false info.
Wrong:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28754494/

Old 12-10-2021, 01:32 PM

7,144 posts, read 4,738,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You might want to look at any freedom index you want, and USA is always well down the list. Oh, and all those indexes are right-wing think tanks that develop them.

You might want to recalibrate your thinking of what is free.

lol...... the "freedom index" doesn't mean much. Too many variables. I know people who live in Canada, and they tell me about living there, and that freedom of speech is an American concept. Your so-called "leader" is causing thousands of Canadians to protest. I have nothing against Canadians. They have a right to believe whatever they want, but why bother putting another country down as a keyboard warrior ubiquitously. I have seen your posts.

Old 12-10-2021, 01:45 PM

7,144 posts, read 4,738,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The state Rep and his family reportedly have received multiple death threats relative to his proposed bill. Then his synagogue was threatened.

The proposed 4 day old bill has been withdrawn.

https://www.newsweek.com/jonathan-ca...agogue-1658095

Thank you for posting that.

From the article:
QUOTE:
State Rep. Jonathan Carroll filed HB 4259 on Monday in Springfield, but told NBC 5 Chicago on Thursday: "Due to the unintended divisive nature of HB 4259, I've decided not to pursue this legislation. Based on feedback and further reflection, we need to heal as a country and work together on common-sense solutions to put the pandemic behind us."
Carroll said he and his staff received violent threats after filing the legislation, which wouldn't have come into effect until January 2023.

He says we need to heal as a country and proposes an atrocity to divide, incite, and implant psychological terror into people. He needs to go.

Old 12-10-2021, 01:47 PM

8,419 posts, read 4,574,906 times
Quote:
Wrong, and you are wrong because you do not understand the science behind mRNA vaccines. Please try and learn about them before making the assertions you do.

What is wrong with what I said? Looking at your misinformed posts I dare say I have invested more time researching mRNA then you. Or at least comprehending it.

Old 12-10-2021, 01:48 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,116,821 times
Quote:
You understand science very well but you gave that link to 'demonstrate' how the rabies vaccines has been mRNA based for 11 years

Read it carefully, it's a paper done in 2017 on the first ever POC vaccine using mRNA for Rabies. It's never been deployed to humans outside of clinical trials.

And just 100 participants I may add! Though rabies is a rare disease.

Old 12-10-2021, 01:48 PM

8,419 posts, read 4,574,906 times
Quote:
Everyone in my extended family is vaccinated, and I have just had my third shot. Everyone else I know who is vaccinated, everyone of them are fine.

Well I guess that's everyone.

Old 12-10-2021, 01:58 PM

6,378 posts, read 2,705,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Thank you for posting that.

From the article:
QUOTE:
State Rep. Jonathan Carroll filed HB 4259 on Monday in Springfield, but told NBC 5 Chicago on Thursday: "Due to the unintended divisive nature of HB 4259, I've decided not to pursue this legislation. Based on feedback and further reflection, we need to heal as a country and work together on common-sense solutions to put the pandemic behind us."
Carroll said he and his staff received violent threats after filing the legislation, which wouldn't have come into effect until January 2023.

He says we need to heal as a country and proposes an atrocity to divide, incite, and implant psychological terror into people. He needs to go.
This guy knew exactly how the bill was going to be received. There was nothing "unintentional" or unexpected about it.

He got is 15 minutes of fame to satisfy his "base", and can use the threats of those darn "radical conservatives" as the reason. Even though he knows it would have never passed or been found legal.

Old 12-10-2021, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
lol...... the "freedom index" doesn't mean much. Too many variables. I know people who live in Canada, and they tell me about living there, and that freedom of speech is an American concept. Your so-called "leader" is causing thousands of Canadians to protest. I have nothing against Canadians. They have a right to believe whatever they want, but why bother putting another country down as a keyboard warrior ubiquitously. I have seen your posts.
I can't stand Trudeau, but no one is in the streets protesting. Proud Boy types don't count. But the fact is no matter what measure you want to take, economic freedom, human rights or any other metric, Canada always is in the top 5-7, and the USA always around 17. You are not as free as you think you are. Right to own guns is not a metric anyone cares about outside of the USA. I have many guns, which is a privilege not a right, but I do not feel threatened, nor do I feel I need one to "protect myself".

Freedom of speech? I have it no different than an American has. I speak out against my federal or provincial government often. In fact, I am meeting with a minister of the crown next week (via Zoom) on an issue with an organization I belong to, and they will hear my perspective unfiltered.

Old 12-10-2021, 03:34 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Like Illinois needs another reason for people to move out of the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies