Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 08:24 AM

6,345 posts, read 8,124,894 times

Advertisements

The Department of Justice said on Friday that Cleveland Grover Meredith Jr. was one of 13 people who had been charged in federal court after a violent pro-Trump mob stormed the Capitol.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/09/u...-meredith.html
Quote:
Jan. 9, 2021
A man who had an assault rifle was charged with threatening Nancy Pelosi, the House speaker, after he traveled to Washington for the pro-Trump rally on Wednesday and sent a text message saying he would put “a bullet in her noggin on Live TV,” the federal authorities said.

Federal agents said the man, Cleveland Grover Meredith Jr., had been staying at a Holiday Inn in Washington and had weapons in his camper-style trailer, including a Glock handgun, a pistol, a Tavor X95 assault rifle and hundreds of rounds of ammunition.

Mr. Meredith was charged with transmitting a threat in interstate commerce, possession of an unregistered firearm and unlawful possession of ammunition, according to court records. It was not immediately clear if he had a lawyer.

The Department of Justice said on Friday that he was one of 13 people who had been charged in federal court after a violent pro-Trump mob stormed the Capitol on Wednesday and disrupted Congress as it was certifying the results of the presidential election.

Those charged included conspiracy theorists, Proud Boys, elected officials and everyday Americans.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported that Mr. Meredith had erected a billboard in 2018 in Acworth, Ga., that read, “#QANON” along with the name of his business, Car Nutz Car Wash.

The QAnon conspiracy theory, which the F.B.I. has labeled a potential domestic terrorism threat, accuses Democrats and some Republicans of being beholden to a cabal of bureaucrats, pedophiles and Satanists. Many followers believe that President Trump is secretly battling a criminal band of sex traffickers.

Mr. Meredith told The Journal-Constitution in 2018 that he had put up the QAnon billboard because he was “a patriot among the millions who love this country.”

Mr. Meredith, whose current hometown was unavailable, told federal agents that he had been traveling from Colorado and had arrived too late for Wednesday’s rally in Washington.

“I’m trying but currently stuck in Cambridge, OH with trailer lights being fixed,” he wrote in one of several text messages to friends, according to the F.B.I.

In another text message, accompanied by a purple devil emoji, he said he had “a ton of 5.56 armor piercing ammo.” In other text messages, he referred to Ms. Pelosi with misogynistic slurs and threatened to run her over, the F.B.I. said.

I predict that within 12 days, many in our country will die,” Mr. Meredith wrote, according to the F.B.I
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2021, 09:18 AM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
When someone shows you who they are, believe them.

Old 01-11-2021, 09:24 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
I'm glad the authorities caught this guy before he could do any real harm.

He should be prosecuted for the laws he has broken.

Old 01-11-2021, 09:25 AM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,903,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I'm glad the authorities caught this guy before he could do any real harm.

He should be prosecuted for the laws he has broken.
And Pelosi needs to quit trying to trigger more like him. President Trump will be ex-President Trump in 9 days.

Old 01-11-2021, 09:30 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times
It's scary to think how close we came to being overthrown had these violent MAGAs been successful. That we weren't is a combination of pure luck and the abject stupidity of the vast majority of MAGAs. Watching them wander aimless around the rotunda shows that the majority of those cretins had no plan, no clue what they were supposed to do once they breached the building.

"Duh, look at all them statues. Cool, man. So what are we 'sposed to we do now, anybody know? I wonder what the special at Denny's is today...?"

This failed only because the vast majority of those who got through the barricades have the mentality above. Thank God the majority of MAGAs are stupid, I guess should be the catch phrase today.

Old 01-11-2021, 09:34 AM

10,119 posts, read 7,781,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
And Pelosi needs to quit trying to trigger more like him. President Trump will be ex-President Trump in 9 days.
Trying to impeach the president is continuing to stir the hornets nest.

Old 01-11-2021, 09:34 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,373,837 times
Overthrown lol

Old 01-11-2021, 09:40 AM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,903,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Trying to impeach the president is continuing to stir the hornets nest.
She is totally unhinged. She doesn't seem to understand she is putting the country and herself at risk by triggering the crazies.

President Trump has managed to control his impulsiveness the last 3 days. That tells you just how out of control Pelosi is. If Trump can hold his tongue, you would think almost anyone could. But not Pelosi.

Old 01-11-2021, 09:41 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
I wonder how long the FBI has been grooming him?

Old 01-11-2021, 09:41 AM

10,119 posts, read 7,781,735 times
Funny how the dems, on purpose, conveniently try to forget all the riots that happened during the summer when cities were taken over and so many killed and parts of cities destroyed and looted. lol...selective memory. Dems only remember what is in their best interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies