Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2021, 09:28 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I watched my Dad decline and eventually succumb to Alzheimer’s/Dementia so I get no humor from what I’m seeing from President Biden. It’s damn sad considering the man he was.
While Joe's decline is certainly sad, what is very sad is that a major political party decided this would be something that should be made public in front of the entire world. A substantial number of voting citizens agreed with them. Sorry about your Dad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2021, 09:32 PM

27,143 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosh01 View Post
Don't be an idiot. Listen to Biden's speech. His "end of message" was ON PURPOSE. It was there to provide emphasis on the quote he was repeating.

It's astounding how some rag like Britbart can purposely create it's own "fake news" and the right-wing conservative sheep propagate it all over the Internet. God save us from the idiots.
So now "end of message" means "end of quote"?

We have had way too much of meaning and word definition changes.
Stop propagating it.

Old 12-11-2021, 10:18 AM

2,565 posts, read 1,643,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I’ve watched Trumps speeches and press conferences and never seen him talk the way you described. He unlike Biden can complete a whole sentence.
Lots of examples out there. I've linked some though I won't blame you if you don't watch them, they are cringe-worthy. And just FYI, I am not a biden fan and wish someone else had been nominated. It's just ridiculous to me how biden is being picked on when trump was - and still is - truly embarrassing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZWp_edi5Qg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEpwkaJQh1k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MyLwAokINc

Old 12-11-2021, 10:25 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
Lots of examples out there. I've linked some though I won't blame you if you don't watch them, they are cringe-worthy. And just FYI, I am not a biden fan and wish someone else had been nominated. It's just ridiculous to me how biden is being picked on when trump was - and still is - truly embarrassing.

Aww. Is poowr widdle Joe being picked on?

You guys crack me up. You thought you could say the most vile crap about the Republican president without any blowback on the next Democratic president? Politics doesn’t work that way. You guys set this up as the new norm.

Old 12-11-2021, 10:28 AM

12,983 posts, read 9,501,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
At first I thought you were posting old news, then I realized he did it again today (Dec 9). It's a separate incident from the one on Nov 23 when he read from the teleprompter: "end of quote".
Exactly what I thought as well. Unfortunately, it was a new one.

I wonder how many times he did something similar when he was showing his power in the Putin telecon.

Old 12-11-2021, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Aww. Is poowr widdle Joe being picked on?

You guys crack me up. You thought you could say the most vile crap about the Republican president without any blowback on the next Democratic president? Politics doesn’t work that way. You guys set this up as the new norm.
Who are "you guys"? Dislike for trump spans all parties. Here in TX, I personally know many conservatives who left the party because of him. And as far as picking on people, trump is the one who set THAT up. Even before he was elected. And he could sure dish it out, but he could not take it.

Old 12-11-2021, 02:34 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Who are "you guys"? Dislike for trump spans all parties. Here in TX, I personally know many conservatives who left the party because of him. And as far as picking on people, trump is the one who set THAT up. Even before he was elected. And he could sure dish it out, but he could not take it.
You dont know many conservatives that left the party because of him. I hear some people say that, but the numbers dont add up. You know one or two, and somehow that turned into "many". If what you said was true, Trump would have had a lot less than 75 million votes.

As far as Trump dishing it out, that's fine, except you cant complain about him and then act exactly the same way he does. Bottom line is that you guys should have acted like adults. You didn't, but now you are expecting republicans to treat the democratic president better than you treated the republican president. Hey, you showed us that anything can be said about the opposing president, no matter how vile. You showed us that you can even hold up a fake bloody severed head of the opposing president. You showed us that it works, and you have given us the free pass to do the same now that the dems have the office.

Old 12-11-2021, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
You dont know many conservatives that left the party because of him. I hear some people say that, but the numbers dont add up. You know one or two, and somehow that turned into "many". If what you said was true, Trump would have had a lot less than 75 million votes.

As far as Trump dishing it out, that's fine, except you cant complain about him and then act exactly the same way he does. Bottom line is that you guys should have acted like adults. You didn't, but now you are expecting republicans to treat the democratic president better than you treated the republican president. Hey, you showed us that anything can be said about the opposing president, no matter how vile. You showed us that you can even hold up a fake bloody severed head of the opposing president. You showed us that it works, and you have given us the free pass to do the same now that the dems have the office.
Obviously, I have to go by what people tell me. I am not in the voting booth with them.

As for bad behavior, it has certainly been displayed on both sides. But there's only one side that tried to forcibly overturn an election that, despite all recounts and efforts to make it look fraudulent, was proved to have been legit.

Old 12-11-2021, 03:14 PM

17,624 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZWp_edi5Qg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEpwkaJQh1k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MyLwAokINc
Not a single thing you posted comes anywhere near the stupidity, senility, and cognitive decline on display whenever Biden opens his tar-hole.

Old 12-11-2021, 03:15 PM

17,624 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Obviously, I have to go by what people tell me. I am not in the voting booth with them.

As for bad behavior, it has certainly been displayed on both sides. But there's only one side that tried to forcibly overturn an election that, despite all recounts and efforts to make it look fraudulent, was proved to have been legit.
Nobody tried to "forcibly overturn" anything. If they did, we'd be in the middle of a civil war right now, and you wouldn't be freely posting on the internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies