Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2021, 11:53 AM

7,146 posts, read 4,740,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
And generally healthy people, even in old age, don't need to pump themselves full of pharmaceuticals.

And even at the greatly increased probability of death due to old age, if they're not fat or already sick with something else their baseline chances of survival are extremely high.

Maybe the Healthcare establishment needs to actually look into treatment options instead of chasing their tails trying to prevent people from getting the disease.
Exactly. Healthy clean living, exercise and taking care of one’s immune system prevents so many health problems. People are fed drugs by pharma that do more harm than good. There’s a connection now found with cholesterol drugs contributing to Alzheimer’s. Blood pressure can be controlled naturally. Drug, Inc. wants everyone on their toxic poisons.

The fact that other temporary therapies and natural immunity have been ignored stinks to high heaven as a planned conspiracy money-making scheme.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2021, 11:56 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Wow !
36 thousand old farts like me holding out ?

Unlikely...

Old 12-10-2021, 12:01 PM

43,097 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I think you are overlooking the fact that the chance of many rural shut-ins don't have much of a risk of getting COVID at all. My husband and I have been living life as though there is no danger from COVID since June 2020. Yes, maybe we have been lucky, but as we go out in public only once or twice a week and don't interact with anyone for more than a few minutes, we will continue to be unvaccinated.

I allow others the right to do what they want, and I just wish others would give me the same right.
I lived in a rural town..5K pop.

Covid did come to that town via a college student coming home to visit.

All it takes is one visitor.

Old 12-10-2021, 12:04 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Yup. But most elderly people have the sense god gave them to mitigate the risk of those causes they can control. They take blood pressure meds, cholesterol meds, get flu shots, and shingles shots, and vaccinated for 23 kinds of pneumonia. The also get vaccinated and boosted for covid. Some don't. Adios.
Not where I live,heck I'm 70 and never took a drug in my life.not even an aspirin None of my friends are on drugs either.Had a polio shot when it was invented in the 50's that was it.Never been sick,never been in a hospital either.Been told by other seniors if I went to a doctor I would probably walk out with no less than 3 prescriptions.No thanks it's just another money making business looklng for customers.

Old 12-10-2021, 12:06 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,792,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Exactly. Healthy clean living, exercise and taking care of one’s immune system prevents so many health problems. People are fed drugs by pharma that do more harm than good. There’s a connection now found with cholesterol drugs contributing to Alzheimer’s. Blood pressure can be controlled naturally. Drug, Inc. wants everyone on their toxic poisons.

The fact that other temporary therapies and natural immunity have been ignored stinks to high heaven as a planned conspiracy money-making scheme.
I remember when I was substantially heavier I had fatty liver, high blood pressure, and a long list of other conditions. Then I lost weight. ALL of them went away instantly, with literally no drugs of any kind. Every single last one. Gone. And it never came back. Even my lifelong eczema (that I had resigned myself to living with forever) had waned to a point where it only flares up when I'm stressed or sick.

Last edited by albert648; 12-10-2021 at 12:20 PM..

Old 12-10-2021, 12:55 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Depends on circumstances. In my rural county with an an average age of 53 (38 is the national average), there have been 35 "COVID deaths" out of a population of 30,000 in the approximate 20 months since records were kept. Do the math.

I have known ONE person who got a very mild case of COVID a year ago. She was and is 70-something and has fully recovered except that her sense of taste is still a little "off", she says.

Out of curiosity which county is that? I see a number of rural counties in Wisconsin that have a higher death rate my large suburban County that was hit very hard early on.

Old 12-10-2021, 05:04 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Out of curiosity which county is that? I see a number of rural counties in Wisconsin that have a higher death rate my large suburban County that was hit very hard early on.
https://weather.com/coronavirus/l/44.7888,-87.4464

(Guess whoever is in charge of entering the data was on vacation -- you will see what I mean if you look at the chart.)

Old 12-10-2021, 05:52 PM

1,926 posts, read 557,932 times
More figures from CDC.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/mos...dc-2021-12-10/

Old 12-13-2021, 11:13 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,860,385 times
Update:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/11/h...tion-data.html

Quote:
The acknowledgment was easy to miss, tucked into footnotes at the bottom of the vaccination tracking page on the C.D.C. website. It said that, in light of the possible error, the agency would cap its estimates of vaccination rates at 95 percent. Previously, it had capped its estimates at 99.9 percent and, for example, showed a 99.9 percent national vaccination rate for people 65 and older, which experts said was clearly inaccurate.
Seems like the Math and Logic related jobs at the CDC are being overseen by 5 year olds? Or by scammers?

Old 12-13-2021, 02:01 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
Update:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/11/h...tion-data.html

Seems like the Math and Logic related jobs at the CDC are being overseen by 5 year olds? Or by scammers?
Perhaps it is just inaccuracies in the numbers the states are sending to the CDC, including census data that is not capturing the population totals precisely?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies