Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2021, 07:07 AM

8,420 posts, read 4,578,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There are some caveats for quitting but don't know of any example that allows retention of benefits for disagreeing with a company's policy.

Unsafe work conditions. If a company ignores your medical exemption I can think of no more obvious unsafe work condition.

Old 12-12-2021, 07:48 AM

17,391 posts, read 16,532,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
I don't care about Pelosi but, I never heard that she told people to quit their jobs & paint or play music.
Pelosi is an idiot. She probably thinks that the large number of homeless in her city living in makeshift tents outside of storefronts and pooping on the sidewalk are living their good lives.

Old 12-12-2021, 07:51 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Unsafe work conditions. If a company ignores your medical exemption I can think of no more obvious unsafe work condition.
Yes if you have a severe health condition. Speaking of safe working conditions though more police have died from the virus than anything else over the past year.

Old 12-12-2021, 01:38 PM

984 posts, read 442,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Nobody is afraid of the act of getting the vaccine. People do not want to inject poison into their bodies which have never been studied, with health effects that will not reported out until 2095 now. We are seeing a lot of adverse events with babies, women's ovulation and cardiac side.

It also is CHILD ABUSE to even consider giving this to any child.
So..... you're afraid. Got it.

Old 12-12-2021, 01:54 PM

18,499 posts, read 9,164,949 times
“Hello. You have reached the Federal Reserve Bank of the United States. If you’d like us to stop printing money, press 1…”

Old 12-13-2021, 06:16 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
This past summer when they cancelled EU we were in the middle of another surge in many places. While some people were gaming the system many couldn't get child care, some were compromised and couldn't be exposed. But these states just pulled benefits across the board with their misguided theory that this was the reason companies couldn't fill vacancies.
They didn't pull EU. They discontinued the extra 600 per week above the normal EU.
In my state the issue with child care according to those I know with children was that the continual shut down when someone was exposed. Having your day care or public school shut down has nothing to do with unemployment benefits.

Old 12-13-2021, 06:20 AM

Quote:
There are some caveats for quitting but don't know of any example that allows retention of benefits for disagreeing with a company's policy.
You just responded to my post where I quoted the The assistant administrator for the state of Tennessee's unemployment trust calling it a change in hiring agreement.

“We would consider that a change in the hiring agreement. And there would be no breach by the claimant for failure to comply with that requirement,” she says.

Old 12-13-2021, 06:29 AM

Quote:
They could get unemployment for things like caring for a family member but I doubt any state would alllow UE for quitting over company policy. I just see it as hypocritical that these same states were kicking people off extended unemployment because they believed that was the reason businesses couldn't attract workers.
It was blatantly obviously and many openly admitted they were doing better on UE than working.
Do the math.
TN weekly max unemployment is 275/week. Add an extra 600$ for 3500/month on unemployment plus the food stamps plus extra food stamps. Now figure what those $10/hr. employees made working. 1600/per month gross minus 30% ~1120 net take home. You honestly think these people are going to go back to work for for less than half of what they could bring home on UE?

Old 12-29-2021, 12:55 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
It was blatantly obviously and many openly admitted they were doing better on UE than working.
Do the math.
TN weekly max unemployment is 275/week. Add an extra 600$ for 3500/month on unemployment plus the food stamps plus extra food stamps. Now figure what those $10/hr. employees made working. 1600/per month gross minus 30% ~1120 net take home. You honestly think these people are going to go back to work for for less than half of what they could bring home on UE?
I meant to say they cancelled extended unemployment. Many of the states canceled the extension months ahead of time making the same claims you just did, but that wasn't the case in the end. There remained a shortage of workers. I don't doubt that some small percentage played the system but overall this was no the reason they couldn't find workers even when they raised wages and benefits.

Now they are enabling people to avoid the vaccine. If there are people playing the system then they will certainly take advantage by claiming they don't want to vaccinate just to get unemployment, it works both ways.

Old 12-29-2021, 05:49 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
If they lost compassion - THEY SHOULDN'T be Nurses. They should quit their jobs.
It isn’t true, my daughter is a nurse and they will take care of them as well as other patients including those who are obese, smokers, diabetic, drug users, etc…. I’m Ute a few, but not the majority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies