Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2021, 09:22 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,794,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well when you allow people to collect unemployment when they refuse to vaccinate what do you call it. They seem much more tolerant to the unvaccinated than they were for people that were legitimately out of work in the past and not because they quit or were fired.
It is just basic unemployment.

Are you in favor of firing someone because they won't take a shot? Putting their kids on the street?

These are people who are fired. Maybe the companies shouldn't fire them.

Old 12-10-2021, 09:25 AM

36,455 posts, read 30,806,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonMB View Post
Weird, aren't these the same people who accused others of being lazy and refusing to work? Or of being scared of covid and avoiding their jobs? Looks like they're guilty of the same thing. Refusing to work because they're either lazy or afraid of a vaccine that five-year-olds are getting without tears. How embarrassing.
No. When people lost jobs due to businesses shutting down or reducing business hours when the pandemic began in 2020 many people were forced on unemployment. When business began reopening and those jobs were again available people refused to go back to work because the increased amount of unemployment benefits they were given was more than their take home pay if they were working. Not because they were forced to inject something into their bodies or given an ultimatum. It like being laid off due to lack of work then being called back and refusing to go back to work but continuing to draw your unemployment check.

In this situation people are fired or let go in limbo because they refuse to take a mandated vaccine that does not stop or prevent the virus, perhaps they have already had the virus or perhaps have a medical or religious reason not to vaccine, why does not really matter. The work is available and they want to work but must conform to an ultimatum that was not agreed upon when they were hired.

Old 12-10-2021, 09:30 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,931,000 times
Quote:
Well when you allow people to collect unemployment when they refuse to vaccinate what do you call it. They seem much more tolerant to the unvaccinated than they were for people that were legitimately out of work in the past and not because they quit or were fired.
They've been fired/laid off. They did not want to leave and had no performance issues.

Good people, rock star performers were FIRED.

Perfectly acceptable reason to qualify for unemployment.

Old 12-10-2021, 09:35 AM

5,930 posts, read 3,693,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonMB View Post
Weird, aren't these the same people who accused others of being lazy and refusing to work? Or of being scared of covid and avoiding their jobs? Looks like they're guilty of the same thing. Refusing to work because they're either lazy or afraid of a vaccine that five-year-olds are getting without tears. How embarrassing.
So you are saying that five-year-olds have the wisdom and intellectual maturity to know what is best for them??? I think that your statement says more about YOUR intellectual maturity than it does about the intellectual maturity of a five-year-old.

Old 12-10-2021, 09:36 AM

36,455 posts, read 30,806,667 times
Quote:
The assistant administrator for the state of Tennessee's unemployment trust fund calls it a change in hiring agreement.
“We would consider that a change in the hiring agreement. And there would be no breach by the claimant for failure to comply with that requirement,” she says.

Because the people legitimately out of work refused to go back to their jobs once the COVID restrictions were lifted and their jobs became available because many were drawing as much or more money on unemployment than they brought home from their job.

Old 12-10-2021, 09:37 AM

23,802 posts, read 24,078,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
But now they are the party of driving people to homelessness if they don't take a Pharma product, while screeching CHOICE. They are the party of Big Pharma, censorship, medical coercion, billionaires, masking children, and lockdowns.
I love this. Well said.

Old 12-10-2021, 09:48 AM

1,997 posts, read 859,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Anyone who wants to protect the healthcare system can send double payments of premiums to their health insurer.

Or Adopt a Doctor.

We are living in madness.
Protecting the health care system means protecting the hospitals from being overwhelmed with covid patients. The unvaccinated are filling ICUs. Not the vaccinated. That's what is happening at my local hospital where my fiance is a nurse. It's not rocket science just science.

Old 12-10-2021, 10:05 AM

15,522 posts, read 10,483,166 times
Those states aren't paying people not to get the vaccine, boy are you twisting stuff around, lol.

Old 12-10-2021, 10:20 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,387,657 times
Blue States like NY DENY UE benefits to those who had their jobs/careers terminated for refusing the "vaccines".

The punitive nature of the left is DISGUSTING!!!

Old 12-10-2021, 10:25 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,931,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenvalleyfan View Post
Protecting the health care system means protecting the hospitals from being overwhelmed with covid patients. The unvaccinated are filling ICUs. Not the vaccinated. That's what is happening at my local hospital where my fiance is a nurse. It's not rocket science just science.
Oh puh-lease. This record is worn out.

If a hospital system at this point is STILL OVERWHELMED then it's not COVID's fault.

Maybe they shouldn't have fired employees. Maybe they should staff better. Maybe they should've had an emergency plan in place, ready to go with agreements with all area hospitals to ensure all patients get the care they need. Hire travel nurses. Call FEMA for deployments. Good frekin grief.

See, when I had to deal with work overages, I always had a plan. Always. It got done. Always.

I didn't wring my hands, wail and moan, OVERWHELMED!!!! OVERWHELMED!!!!! And cry wolf for the 71st time.

Give me a break.

The trash is over there. Go throw your record out. When a hospital complains it has too much business and can't handle it, maybe it needs to close for good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.