Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2021, 08:18 PM

35,008 posts, read 16,972,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
My vote is for Biden.
Until President Brandon my vote wasn't close; FDR.

FDR has been a long-time hero to the Jewish people. My family had been FDR worshipers until then. My mother was born November 7, 1932, the day before Election Day that year. My mother's name was lengthened from "Ruth" to "Ruthellen" in honor of Eleanor Roosevelt. At that point FDR's election was virtually inevitable. My father and his family were wildly admiring of him.

Since roughly 1968, when While Six Million Died: A Chronicle of American Apathy by Arthur D. Morse came out, it was painfully obvious that he was anything but. Indeed, he said what people, including the American people, the Jews and Hitler wanted to hear. In in February-March 1973 I read the referenced book. Even before his now-famous rejection of the ship the St. Louis his state department found that virtually all Jewish immigrants were "likely to become a public charge."

About two years ago I read 1944: FDR and the Year That Changed History by Jay Winik. That book and other reading cemented my view that despite some tepid "efforts" such as the War Refugee Board, Roosevelt almost preferred to have the "Jewish problem" finally resolved overseas by ensuring that most Jewish captives did not survive. At the end of his career there was the refusal to bomb the rail links to the death camps. Last but certainly not least was his promise to ibn Saud not to allow a Middle Eastern Jewish state. Fortunately Truman thought better after FDR descended either into a grave or further down into the fires underground.

The Jews in many respect are their own worst enemy.

Old 12-10-2021, 08:31 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,618,691 times
Biden is by far the worst I have ever seen. The fist time I voted at 18 was Reagan's second term. Carter as bad as he was doesn't come close to Biden. And Carter is a genuinely likeable man. He really is. He truly has a good heart and he wanted badly to do right for America but that was not even enough. We don't need a likeable guy or gal as president. We need a tough no BS stand up tungsten streel spine genuine a$$hole.

Biden can cover the a$$hole requirement but for all the wrong reasons. He is a blatant puppet so obviously being heavily medicated and told what to say. More like what to read. And he reads it all in monotone word for word. Every word. If the printer type his "speeches" were done on i.e Lexmark 4200 he would read that to. His recent speech at Doles eulogy is a prime example of his being programmed by the puppeteers. A 4 year old could do better at public speaking.

Anyone remember the Star Trek original episode Patterns of Force? Where a Federation interferer patterned a planet after Nazi Germany and was then drugged and conditioned to say exactly what the people actually running things behind the scenes wanted him to say? He was just a figurehead front man A total robot.

Yep that's Biden.

Old 12-10-2021, 08:32 PM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,778,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by concreteblonde View Post
Exactly.

But I think Trump was the worst president if he was even a president at all. Someone else was running the country for sure during those years. While Reagan had held political office Trump knew nothing of government and was uninterested in learning. Worst of all this failure of vaccine is owned by Trump. You can't "warp speed" something that requires 10 to 15 years of research to be approved. The result has been economic devastation and world wide protest over job loss and freedom loss over mandates.

Hollywood actors and reality tv show hosts should stay out of politics or we should have the common sense not to vote for them.

Are you sure you're not talking about Biden?

Old 12-10-2021, 08:37 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,474,193 times
well in my life time... the worst (not in order)
LBJ
Carter
Obama
Biden
Bush1
Clinton

who is the worst ??? a tie between Biden, Obama and LBJ...… carter was just inept, but at least a good person...and I would probably say the BEST FORMER POTUS
as far as crooked...Clinton, LBJ...and Biden is showing his crookedness real fast

Old 12-10-2021, 08:58 PM

298 posts, read 341,302 times
Default Worst?

1. Your guy told people to drink bleach, abused adderall, appeared in a stupor at speeches, and couldn't walk down a ramp without assistance. He also couldn't run a 5K (Biden can!).

2. The vaccine that your guy wanted the Nobel Prize awarded for! The vaccine that 150+ million people have taken (multiple doses), and probably over 1B people world wide.

3. the NSA, and Intel agencies have all stated that far-right, white militant supremacist and anti-government groups are the greatest domestic terror threat. See Oklahoma City.

4. Yes, radical idealogy like fighting climate change, healthcare, education, a minimum wage, and child care! What radical ideas those are.

PS: Inflation began with Trump- he appointed Powell and he pushed for lower and lower interest rates. Additionally the debt went up under Trump with massive tax cuts and deficit spending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
My vote is for Biden.

I am fairly sure that all of us (both conservatives and liberals) have had presidential administrations that we have disliked in the past, but I have never more disheartened and depressed by any administration more than I have by the Biden administration since I was eligible to vote. This is because:

1. He is a terrible communicator and seems to be suffering from serious cognitive impairment to the point that his public appearances seem to be very limited and controlled.

2. He supports mandating vaccines that have been apparently been extremely harmful (and possibly fatal) to many people, but doesn't seem to care whether people who are here illegally are vaccinated or not

3. He appointed an attorney general who considers white supremacists to the the greatest domestic terrorism threat

4. He appears to fully support some (or most) of even the most extreme Progressive ideology.

So who would you vote for as "Worst POTUS in the past 50 years?"

(Btw, prior to Biden, I would have voted for Nixon and Bush II, followed closely by Obama.)

P.S. I did not include the fact that we are now having an inflation rate that is higher than it's been in decades https://www.marketwatch.com/story/co...er-11639142278 on the list because this cannot be blamed solely on the Biden administration.

Old 12-10-2021, 09:01 PM

21,464 posts, read 10,564,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I am listening to him right now at Bob Dole's funeral, lecturing and haranging US AGAIN about division in this country, as if he and his party aren't half the problem.
More than half.

Old 12-10-2021, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Sadly, something like 60% of dems still love Biden, and cannot seem to think of anything he has done that has caused any harm at all.
And they should be treated with the contempt that deserves. They are so smug and condescending when they should be embarrassed.

Old 12-10-2021, 09:03 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,248,594 times
George W Bush, because he squandered the Cold War peace dividend and ended the Pax Americana.

The war on terror was a distraction and wasted thousands of American lives and money, and wasted tens of thousands of Aghani and Iraqi lives. It was the biggest foreign policy disaster in American history.

Bush also expanded government, especially the security state, which was later turned against conservatives. William Binney has called the surveillance apparatus created by Bush a new praetorian guard. Thanks George.

The global financial crisis was also a huge error. Bush is not entirely to blame, as most of the financial deregulation happened under Clinton, but the Bush admin was asleep at the wheel from 2001-2006 when all of those bad loans were given out. Republicans had unified control for some of that time and could have intervened but did not because it was in thrall to a hands-off approach to business especially financial services.

Obama would not have been elected if Bush's presidency had not been so disastrous. It truly was a near-death experience for the Republicans.

George W Bush is a living embodiment of a succession crisis, when an incompetent heir gains power.

Last edited by Avondalist; 12-10-2021 at 09:13 PM..

Old 12-10-2021, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Nope. Not young. Retired, actually. I am a college graduate, though.
Exhibit A

Old 12-10-2021, 09:13 PM

298 posts, read 341,302 times
Default Worst

Unless you go all the way back to Woodrow Wilson or Herbert Hoover, then DONALD TRUMP is by far the worst President of all time. But don't take my word for it, most HISTORIANS agree.

-Trump is the only President to be impeached twice.
-Trump is the only President to get members of his own party to vote for his impeachment in the house.
_He is the only President to have members of his own party vote for his conviction in the Senate.
He is the only President to not yield a peaceful transfer of power after losing the election in 2020.
Trump still hasn't conceded the election or said publicly that he lost.

Instead, he uses his position to continually blast President Biden, recite more lies and divide the country
Trump may be the only President to incite political violence (January 6th).

He's had 3 wives and cheated on all of them and lied to each of them about it.
He publicly cheated on his first wife in full view of his children.

The turnover in the Trump Whitehouse was more than 50%. *Typical turnover of staff is less than 20%).
He had a record number of Whistleblowers and ethics violations. Obama did not have a single whistleblower complaint in 8 years.

Trump weaponized the DOJ, he issued corrupt pardons to prevent people from testifying against him.
Trump committed multiple felonies before during and after the election. Several of these were tax fraud, but others included election fraud.

Trump abused his office to personally profit by spending 40% of his days at Trump owned properties and used the DC hotel to profit off foreign governments.

Trump sold out our Ukraine and strengthened Putin.
Trump likes authoritarians and dictators. Kim, Putin and Xi

Trump stole money from the military to build his wall.

Trump mainstreamed racism, white nationalism and anti-semitism.

The fact that anyone would even consider pulling the lever for him in 2024 makes me sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies