Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2021, 02:50 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,389 times

Advertisements

i was born and raised a catholic...recently the church had its first non-european church and has had more internal unrest than they usually do...

this decision applies to only his dioceses ...having read the ties of the church to ww2 nazis i am not at all surprised that a rightwing version of the church has gained more power
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2021, 02:54 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
Why would transgender people want to be part of a religious sect that doesn’t condone their kind?

There are several denominations that welcome transgender people with open arms.

Old 12-10-2021, 02:58 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Why would transgender people want to be part of a religious sect that doesn’t condone their kind?

Exactly.

And that goes for EVERYONE and ANYONE who wants to join a religious organization. Find one that works for you.

Old 12-10-2021, 03:02 PM

43,093 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post

Well there are people that exist to facilitate change and acceptance.
Someone may do it just to cause a stir and bring global attention to the Catholic Church to get the rules changed.

No different than when that bakery got put out of business when there were plenty others around to make a gay cake.

Old 12-10-2021, 03:08 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Well there are people that exist to facilitate change and acceptance.
Someone may do it just to cause a stir and bring global attention to the Catholic Church to get the rules changed.

No different than when that bakery got put out of business when there were plenty others around to make a gay cake.
Ah, the old "tolerance of others" response.

So tolerant of an organization that no one has to join, you have to destroy it.

Mental illness. I just want no one else to have it so I'll destroy it. What a narcissistic view.

Old 12-10-2021, 03:13 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
That's ONE diocese. That's NOT the Catholic Church.

Oh dear Lord, forgive me....I can't believe I've just defended the Catholic Church.

Old 12-10-2021, 03:23 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,151,407 times
Soooo...if it's one diocese, does that maybe mean that some significant population of transgendered people live in the area?

And it's weird to me that they mention baptism and confirmation...when both of those sacraments are TYPICALLY administered to children. Granted, there are children who identify as another gender than what they were assigned at birth...but wow...

Old 12-10-2021, 03:25 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,151,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Soooo...if it's one diocese, does that maybe mean that some significant population of transgendered people live in the area?

And it's weird to me that they mention baptism and confirmation...when both of those sacraments are TYPICALLY administered to children. Granted, there are children who identify as another gender than what they were assigned at birth...but wow...
Good point. It's a low risk move and mostly just amounts to posturing by one particular diocese.

Old 12-10-2021, 03:42 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,164,319 times
People assume that - Most Catholics are baptized as babies. Some are adults, as they converted to Catholicism

Anyway, I careless. One doesn't have to attend this Church, or Be a Catholic.

But, I can see where this might be going. I'm not going to state why right now.

Old 12-10-2021, 03:45 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Whatever sin the Catholic Church thinks they committed.
The Catholic Church has no room whatsoever to be pointing its fingers anywhere except at itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies