Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2021, 10:45 AM

2,354 posts, read 1,150,587 times

Advertisements

"So glad to know Bill di Blasio wants to be the next governor."

(there....the ultimate sarcastic statement ever made)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2021, 10:57 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,795,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Of course businesses can survive mask mandates. Currently in Monterrey Mexico, and not only are all business required to enforce mask mandates, but also restrict number of people in the store, and take their temperature. Masks are also required to be worn when outside in public. Police will arrest and fine you if you don't.

Things seem to work well. No one is complaining, and the odd person without a mask on outside usually is wearing it around their chin and forgot to use it. It is extremely unusual to see an unmasked person.
It is hard to do vigorous exercise in a mask. It could be dangerous. We have a fitness business--yoga, martial arts etc. It is really hard to do yogic breathing in a mask due to long exhales. People won't come to class.

Why on earth are people wearing masks outside?

We've known since the massive George Floyd protests that even in screaming mobs of people, Covid doesn't spread outdoors in any meaningful sense.

I find it strange that people are okay with the police arresting someone who doesn't cover their face outdoors. I guess no more 'defund the police?'

Old 12-11-2021, 11:01 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,303,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Who would have thought the replacement gov could be so, well, have to say it.....STUPID!!!!!!

How are those elective surgeries not going????

When will upstate separate from NYC region?????? Time is now!
Same tyranny, different players.

Old 12-11-2021, 11:02 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,303,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Escape from NY if you can!
I did.

Old 12-11-2021, 11:07 AM

2,982 posts, read 1,165,090 times
Quote:
Of course businesses can survive mask mandates. Currently in Monterrey Mexico, and not only are all business required to enforce mask mandates, but also restrict number of people in the store, and take their temperature. Masks are also required to be worn when outside in public. Police will arrest and fine you if you don't.

Things seem to work well. No one is complaining, and the odd person without a mask on outside usually is wearing it around their chin and forgot to use it. It is extremely unusual to see an unmasked person.
And yet you are a snowbird that goes to the free state of FL

Old 12-11-2021, 11:27 AM

17,612 posts, read 6,898,231 times
Quote:

Sounds like a fun time.

Thanks for giving me another place to add to my list of places to never go.

Old 12-11-2021, 11:40 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,421,987 times
Quote:

So as a tourist, you briefly visited an area with over million inhabitants and thousands of businesses and are going to tell us how it’s going for “them”?
I rate this post
A+ For arrogance
F- for credibility

Last edited by Frank DeForrest; 12-11-2021 at 12:06 PM..

Old 12-11-2021, 01:48 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,591,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
It is hard to do vigorous exercise in a mask. It could be dangerous. We have a fitness business--yoga, martial arts etc. It is really hard to do yogic breathing in a mask due to long exhales. People won't come to class.

Why on earth are people wearing masks outside?

We've known since the massive George Floyd protests that even in screaming mobs of people, Covid doesn't spread outdoors in any meaningful sense.

I find it strange that people are okay with the police arresting someone who doesn't cover their face outdoors. I guess no more 'defund the police?'
As I said, Monterrey, Mexico, a city of 4.5 million, seems to operate just fine with the mandates. It's only the spreadneck fear mongers who complain in the USA and Canada.

Old 12-11-2021, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
And yet you are a snowbird that goes to the free state of FL
Nope, no longer. Sold my condo. Now spending snowbird time in Mexico.

Old 12-11-2021, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
So as a tourist, you briefly visited an area with over million inhabitants and thousands of businesses and are going to tell us how it’s going for “them”?
I rate this post
A+ For arrogance
F- for credibility
I'm here for six months. I am loving the compliance and concerns for other citizens people have here, as opposed to the spreadnecks in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies