Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2021, 12:39 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,668,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Nope, tornadoes is nothing new….
Oh I'll get flamed for this, but anyone is free to counter.

It was ZERO degrees in El Paso, TX last winter. El Paso is 115 degrees in the summer. But let me lose sleep about "climate change". I didn't realize President Cucumber's speech was laced with climate change drivel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2021, 12:47 PM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Biden finished addressing the tornado tragedy that hit overnight in Arkansas, Tennessee, and mostly Kentucky. I'm far from a Biden supporter, but I thought this time he did a pretty good job. For once, he didn't appear to be reading from a teleprompter, and his speech seemed a lot smoother. He was asked about the impact the warming climate had on this particular storm system, and he gave a pretty good answer. He got a little carried away with climate change at one point (I'm not convinced it's a huge problem, I'm not convinced it's caused by humans, and I'm not convinced that we can do anything about it regardless), but overall, he did well. He even took a few questions from the press. Admittedly, the destruction is something that all people feel, regardless of political persuasion, so accepting questions was quite safe (except one at the end about Putin and Ukraine).
Digging deep when this loser is given credit for reading a script in the aftermath of a disaster.

The humanitarian disaster he has caused on the border will haunt this country for decades.

Old 12-12-2021, 01:12 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,508,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
You mean like Christians insisting that Christianity is the only true religion?

Probably because when the forecast was made, or anything else in your little rant, had nothing to do with the White House.
Save the snark. He went the climate change route with his comments just to help push his wasteful bill. What an opportunist. That's not what killed those people. It is insulting to even insinuate that. BTW, if you are not interested in my elaborating that the employees were denied access to a storm shelter resulting in their deaths (this same county in KY relocated jail inmates to keep them safe from the storm!) then by all means skip my posts. A President trying to use their deaths for a political upper hand deserves a rant. It's disgusting.

Old 12-13-2021, 08:41 AM

36,523 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Joe Biden has empathy for others in their time of need. It is a refreshing change from the last president who had none as he only cared about himself.
We had a tornado last that did much damage and there were at least 18 lost lives, not near the devastation of what has happened in KY, but for those who lost everything, their home their loved ones, the pain was no less.
President Trump personally visited the county and viewed the damage and talked with locals then departed for the town where a church had set up a shelter for the tornado victims. That first part was all on the local news but he refused to let the media follow him to the church. I saw personal video of President Trump interacting with the families via local FB phone video. You can not tell me the man has no empathy or cares only for himself.

Old 12-13-2021, 12:41 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Like when his house burnt down, with his wife in it.
No, like when his wife and daughter were killed in a car crash. Or when his son died of glioblastoma. The man is well acquainted with tragedy.

Old 12-13-2021, 12:45 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
No, like when his wife and daughter were killed in a car crash. Or when his son died of glioblastoma. The man is well acquainted with tragedy.
The one where he repeatedly blamed the accident on a "drunk driver" who was not drunk?

Old 12-13-2021, 12:47 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,469,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Maybe CNN should hire him to do the weather, he sucks at being president.
His 42% approval rate is one point higher than tramp`s 4 year average. Trump walked into a good situation and left Biden a mess to clean up. I`m starting to think Trump was wrong when he said the virus would disappear "like a miracle". What do you think?

Old 12-13-2021, 12:50 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
The one where he repeatedly blamed the accident on a "drunk driver" who was not drunk?
Again, he lost his wife and daughter in a car wreck. Sorry that you don't have enough compassion to acknowledge it was a tragic loss and choose to make anything to do with Biden a political talking point.

Old 12-13-2021, 12:51 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,668,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I saw personal video of President Trump interacting with the families via local FB phone video. You can not tell me the man has no empathy or cares only for himself.
Yep.

They're just jealous they're not rich or as successful as him. All the women who claim to hate him so much just wish they were his wife.

Trump has done many, many empathetic things. I could tell he was full of empathy in Paradise, Ca during those fires. Even the other press there who hates him seemed to be acknowledging it.

Plenty of empathy when he said to the nation on Live TV "I/we love you. We are doing everything we can. Hang in there." (Covid)

Old 12-13-2021, 12:54 PM

2,982 posts, read 1,165,820 times
Tri-State Tornado of
Deadliest single tornado in US history
The Tri-State Tornado of March 18, 1925 killed 695 people in Missouri (11), Illinois (613), and Indiana (71). The outbreak it occurred with was also the deadliest known tornado outbreak, with a combined death toll of 747 across the Mississippi River Valley. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tornado_records( MY OP was it climate change back then?? )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies