Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2021, 10:13 AM

2,388 posts, read 2,341,464 times

Advertisements

Stop making your states business friendly.

Old 12-19-2021, 12:33 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Some of the red states people are leaving 'from', want to charge an exit tax. Think about it and why they would do that?

Old 12-19-2021, 01:59 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Some of the red states people are leaving 'from', want to charge an exit tax. Think about it and why they would do that?
Red States?

Old 12-19-2021, 02:25 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,741,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelyone777 View Post
It's not solely about politics, but certain people sure ruin places when enough of them relocate there. Arizona used to be cheap, clean, peaceful, and not crowded and now it is the total opposite due to liberals. Nobody wants people bringing their stupidity and destruction with them.
Yeah, but a lot of people (especially here) really land hard on the political side of answering these questions, so I was addressing that side of the ledger. I’m not that type of person, but I won’t pretend that politics aren’t some part of where I’d like to live.

Old 12-19-2021, 02:27 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
er um... blue states... lol.

Old 12-20-2021, 12:47 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelyone777 View Post
It's not solely about politics, but certain people sure ruin places when enough of them relocate there. Arizona used to be cheap, clean, peaceful, and not crowded and now it is the total opposite due to liberals. Nobody wants people bringing their stupidity and destruction with them.
That's not true.
Arizona used to be the elderly's favorite state to retire, and they were a very large group of conservatives. Most came from the 2 generations of conservatives that reached retirement in the 1980s up to the 2000s.

20 years later, a lot of these old folks are now dying or leaving to go die in their old home states. Their departure is making room for younger people to move into Arizona. While these newcomers are not all liberals, there are fewer conservatives among them than there were in earlier times.

Forget about ever seeing cheap and uncrowded again. The entire West is getting new immigration to it, and it's the largest national population shift in the last 50 years.

if you're growing tired of Arizona and want a cheaper, cleaner, more uncrowded place, it won't be long before they will all be found in the midwest states an in the east where folks are leaving for life out here.

Old 12-20-2021, 01:48 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
That's not true.
Arizona used to be the elderly's favorite state to retire, and they were a very large group of conservatives. Most came from the 2 generations of conservatives that reached retirement in the 1980s up to the 2000s.

20 years later, a lot of these old folks are now dying or leaving to go die in their old home states. Their departure is making room for younger people to move into Arizona. While these newcomers are not all liberals, there are fewer conservatives among them than there were in earlier times.

Forget about ever seeing cheap and uncrowded again.
The entire West is getting new immigration to it, and it's the largest national population shift in the last 50 years.

if you're growing tired of Arizona and want a cheaper, cleaner, more uncrowded place, it won't be long before they will all be found in the midwest states an in the east where folks are leaving for life out here.

Forget about ever seeing cheap and uncrowded again.

Truer words were never spoken. And not just about Arizona. The overcrowding and traffic are everywhere. There are just too many people.

Maybe it's a good thing that the younger generations are having fewer children. Between that and the boomers dying off over the next 20-some-odd years, maybe population will come back to a more balanced state.

I just hope that people don't lose the best recipes from the various ethnic groups. That would be a real loss.

Old 12-20-2021, 06:22 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"They dont spend much money other than overpaying for property which drives up housing costs."
And you can back this up?

I live in 1 of those ares and see an entirely DIFFERENT picture.

"most of our transplants here are retirees." Same here.

"They dont spend much money other than overpaying for property"

Who do you thinks keeps business open when it is NOT "summertime", when all the vacationing tourists come to town.

The local restaurants, grocery stores, car dealers, auto repair shops, which includes oil changes and tuneups, the local hardware stores, the local pharmacy, furniture stores, the over 100 golf courses, lawn care companies, etc., etc., etc?
I dont live in a tourist town. The retirees live here full time. So the answer would be locals and transplants. Overall transplants do not add a net positive gain.

Old 12-20-2021, 06:30 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Nope, I have no idea because I have not traveled to the south enough to eat at any such places, and as I already made clear, I wouldn't seek Italian food or expect it to be good down South in the first place.

The few times I've been to the South and dined out, I ate local food at local places. Mostly fresh-caught fish.

An exception was being disappointed by low-quality beef when I got a burger in Dallas. I expected the meat to be good since they raise a lot of cattle nearby, but it didn't have much flavor and had hard chewy things in it. I did have the opportunity to eat barbecued armadillo at another place in Texas. Tasted awful, but I TRIED it.

Had a burger in North Carolina once, I think, and was caught off-guard by the fact that they put mayonnaise and mustard on it without asking, which I would not ordinarily want on a burger and which would not happen by default in New Jersey. Now I know to be wary of that if I ever go down there again. (They pulled the same thing way up here in SOUTHERN Ontario last week, which is why it is fresh in my mind!)
All I know is when I go to a local Mexican restaurant it is owned by Mexicans, the cooks are Mexican, when I go the local Italian restaurant it is owned by Italians, the cooks are Italian, when I go to the local Thai restaurant it is own by Taiwanese, the cooks are Taiwanese, German restaurant, etc. etc.
So why would food cooked by authentic ethic person be wonderful in the north, but the same food cooked by authentic ethic person in the south be subpar?

Old 12-20-2021, 11:37 AM

362 posts, read 143,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
That's not true.

Forget about ever seeing cheap and uncrowded again. The entire West is getting new immigration to it, and it's the largest national population shift in the last 50 years.

This is not true or else this state wouldn't have hit near rock bottom in such a small period of time. People fleeing from failed states ruined Arizona. This also why I am against immigration. If there weren't so much (especially illegal) I doubt we'd be having this conversation.

If you call high taxes, cost of living, over crowded, dirty, and ridiculous crime living the life then I don't know what to tell you. Sounds like someone who fits the shoe of one of my previous posts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies