Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2021, 12:01 PM

12,032 posts, read 6,563,490 times

Advertisements

Interesting article:
https://www.theepochtimes.com/who-ar...source=partner

According to the author, the current mass exodus out of blue states into red states is mostly by conservatives, not liberals moving out of their chaotic and dysfunctional Dem-run states to pollute red states with their reckless policies.

This conveys with many of the CD posts of people moving out of blue to red states — they are mostly conservatives. Most of the articles comments are also conservatives moving out of blue states.

Last edited by mountainrose; 12-26-2021 at 12:19 PM..

Old 12-26-2021, 04:08 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,647,406 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR_aOdfq7EI&t=640s

This guy explains it about it about right.

Old 12-26-2021, 04:43 PM

8 posts, read 4,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR_aOdfq7EI&t=640s

This guy explains it about it about right.
This is interesting and I appreciate your sharing this. I'm talking specifically about vaccine mandates and lockdowns, which is what is occurring in many states with Democratic governors. If you're in a state with a Republican governor, you likely have no idea what we are facing in blue states. If you don't have a vaccine card, you will lose your job Jan. 7 (unless the Supreme Court blocks the mandate). Companies in Republican states may fight this, but companies in blue states will not. My daughter has already lost her job because she declined to be vaccinated. In the major city in my state, people without vaccine cards can't eat in a restaurant, enter a library, attend a concert, go to a movie, enter a church or a synagogue, or visit a relative in assisted living. I have a friend who is being forced to look at moving to a red state, as neither she nor her husband is vaccinated. Natural immunity has been proven to be stronger than vaccination but it's not recognized. This is totalitarianism and flies in the face of informed consent. I will not be getting endless boosters and thus I will move if they are mandated. I know too much about these vaccines due to my profession. They are not entirely safe, as they were not properly tested. On top of that, they do not work well, clearly. The risk-benefit of getting covid vs a vaccine injury is best for people over 70 and I'm not over 70. Endless boosters will create endless variants. If we all got the new omicron variant, we'd have a mild cold, and have durable immunity. We have bureaucrats and not public health physicians and scientists making life and death decisions. They have been censored by big tech and the mainstream media. I could go on. If you don't live in a blue state, you don't know what it's like to live under this new form of U.S. totalitarianism, which is mild compared to what is going on in the EU and Australia.

Old 12-26-2021, 04:48 PM

8,483 posts, read 4,727,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeedrinker98 View Post
This is interesting and I appreciate your sharing this. I'm talking specifically about vaccine mandates and lockdowns, which is what is occurring in many states with Democratic governors. If you're in a state with a Republican governor, you likely have no idea what we are facing in blue states. If you don't have a vaccine card, you will lose your job Jan. 7 (unless the Supreme Court blocks the mandate). Companies in Republican states may fight this, but companies in blue states will not. My daughter has already lost her job because she declined to be vaccinated. In the major city in my state, people without vaccine cards can't eat in a restaurant, enter a library, attend a concert, go to a movie, enter a church or a synagogue, or visit a relative in assisted living. I have a friend who is being forced to look at moving to a red state, as neither she nor her husband is vaccinated. Natural immunity has been proven to be stronger than vaccination but it's not recognized. This is totalitarianism and flies in the face of informed consent. I will not be getting endless boosters and thus I will move if they are mandated. I know too much about these vaccines due to my profession. They are not entirely safe, as they were not properly tested. On top of that, they do not work well, clearly. The risk-benefit of getting covid vs a vaccine injury is best for people over 70 and I'm not over 70. Endless boosters will create endless variants. If we all got the new omicron variant, we'd have a mild cold, and have durable immunity. We have bureaucrats and not public health physicians and scientists making life and death decisions. They have been censored by big tech and the mainstream media. I could go on. If you don't live in a blue state, you don't know what it's like to live under this new form of U.S. totalitarianism, which is mild compared to what is going on in the EU and Australia.
It’s not just about vaccines, though. This is a long term trend with going on a 30 year history of folks moving to sunbelt states, before many of the northeastern states even got too crazy. I agree that a lot of the folks exiting are probably the ones least likely to support the more lefty ideals in the first place, but it also has to do with things like the awful winters, etc. it’s not always a political decision. Case in point: I’m moving up to NY state next year, and I promise you it has everything to do with family and it being kind of the right fit for a shade of upward mobility. If it were all about politics, I wouldn’t even touch the northeast.

Old 12-26-2021, 06:50 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,254,683 times
Quote:
I live in the Northeastern US and would ultimately like to retire to a state with more freedom regarding mandates. There is a strange lack of common sense in the Northeast. People in this part of the country have not been taught critical thinking skills (and this includes common sense). When I say taught, I mean in the home, at secondary school, and at college. We have many ego-driven people in this part of the US (and of course Calif. as well) who are easily duped and impressed by credentials. In the Southern and Midwestern states, people seem to be more focused on family, religion, community, and individual liberties. I have lived in NYC, Boston, Philadelphia, and parts of NJ and as intelligent as many people are in this region, they are brainwashed by credentials. In other words, if you have common sense and have developed critical thinking skills you would first look to see if someone was upstanding or moral; you would not blindly do whatever they say because they have credentials. The people I know who are critical thinkers tend to be religious Christians and religious Jews, although this seems like a paradox. By religious, I don't mean these people necessarily attend church or synagogue regularly, but their relationship with God frees them to see reality as it is. Mandates were invented by power-hungry, ego-driven people. Many of us are seeking to move to free states as we see retirement on the horizon to escape mandates and authoritarian rule. I can only speak for myself when I say I refuse to show a vaccine card to enter a restaurant, regardless of whether I have one or not. I am hardly alone in this.
A phrase used by a good old boy I worked with, concerning someone who knew everything was , "He's got it all knowed up."

Last edited by Southern man; 12-26-2021 at 07:05 PM..

Old 12-26-2021, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
A phrase used by a good old boy I worked with, concerning someone who new everything was , "He's got it all knowed up."
Sums it up perfectly! Thanks for the chuckle.

Old 12-26-2021, 07:10 PM

33,323 posts, read 12,498,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Interesting article:
https://www.theepochtimes.com/who-ar...source=partner

According to the author, the current mass exodus out of blue states into red states is mostly by conservatives, not liberals moving out of their chaotic and dysfunctional Dem-run states to pollute red states with their reckless policies.

This conveys with many of the CD posts of people moving out of blue to red states — they are mostly conservatives. Most of the articles comments are also conservatives moving out of blue states.
No, many of them are faux conservatives.

Old 12-26-2021, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
No, many of them are faux conservatives.
When you live in a blue state, you must keep your views to yourself, lest you be canceled. I can only speak for myself when I say that those of us who are registered Independents and Republicans (and I've been both) must keep this under wraps with certain friends and family. People in these states espouse what others espouse to fit in, keep their jobs, keep their friends, etc. Now that people are being faced with job loss and an inability to eat in restaurants (good grief) or visit elderly relatives, they are coming out of the closet. Closeted is different from faux.

Old 12-26-2021, 07:36 PM

33,323 posts, read 12,498,936 times
Quote:
When you live in a blue state, you must keep your views to yourself, lest you be canceled. I can only speak for myself when I say that those of us who are registered Independents and Republicans (and I've been both) must keep this under wraps with certain friends and family. People in these states espouse what others espouse to fit in, keep their jobs, keep their friends, etc. Now that people are being faced with job loss and an inability to eat in restaurants (good grief) or visit elderly relatives, they are coming out of the closet. Closeted is different from faux.
That's not why I said faux.

I said faux because I'm talking about the ones who are Trump supporters.

They consider themselves to be conservatives, but they aren't.

Those who previously had any conservative bona fides flushed those bona fides down the toilet when they decided to vote for Trump.

Trump isn't conservative.

Old 12-26-2021, 08:12 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,194,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
That's not why I said faux.

I said faux because I'm talking about the ones who are Trump supporters.

They consider themselves to be conservatives, but they aren't.

Those who previously had any conservative bona fides flushed those bona fides down the toilet when they decided to vote for Trump.

Trump isn't conservative.
Nah, your angst of because Trump simply clouds reality as you think anyone that supports him is wrong in they’re thinking and stance…and you don’t think anyone should support the big orange meanie that hurts feelings because you don’t like him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies