Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2021, 09:57 PM

18,727 posts, read 7,604,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Ukraine brought all of this upon themselves, two decades in the making.

Have zero sorrow for them.

This is what you get when you steal from one group and give to another group, then ignore the vote through for of the group you were stealing from. This is what happens when you press the ignore button on significant groups of people in your country.

All of this could have been avoided if the morons would have simply let the democrat process play out, but instead, they knew they could never get enough votes to take power, so they took it by force.
I fully agree with this, except for one thing.

The first word in the post is mistaken.

If it were describing the last few decades of The U.S. Democrat Party, the post would be dead-on accurate.

Old 12-13-2021, 05:09 AM

9,362 posts, read 14,307,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Absolutely! We should stay out of this. We just got out of a 20 year war. Hasn’t the MIC had enough already???
Once in a while war is a life-and-death struggle, but most of the time, history clearly shows, war is just another form of business as usual.

Iraq and Afghanistan, for example, were never really wars, not even in a legal sense, they were strictly business.

Ukraine offers big business opportunities (plural) for Poles, Lithuanians, and of course Americans and a few others in that group.

My impression is that from the Russian perspective, they view it as a potential life-and-death struggle if the westerners swallow up Ukraine whole.

I don't mean to speak for the Russians, I don't know, but I would tend to agree with the statement below ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strannik33 View Post
... the most likely scenario to me is that Putin is just bluffing, trying to get a commitment that Ukraine won't join the NATO.
There's more to it than that of course.

At any rate, expect the worst and hope for the best.

Good Luck!

Old 12-13-2021, 05:13 AM

24,631 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
They can fight and reduce each other to smoldering ruin for all I care, we should stay the hell out of this.
We're already in it, and gave Ukraine millions for weapons and defense.

Freedom isn't free, and that includes countries neighboring NATO.

Old 12-13-2021, 05:24 AM

9,362 posts, read 14,307,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
We're already in it, and gave Ukraine millions for weapons and defense.
It may seem that way.

Executives at US and other country defense contractors, and their revolving-door counterparts in their respective governments, gave themselves millions(?) (a pittance), nay billions, and Ukraine is just the latest conduit (remember you not Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria?).

Perpetual wars are perpetual business.

You know, in New Jersey, years ago the owners of companies that owned garbage and other trucks that ate up asphalt roads were the same owners of companies that repaired roads. And it took them a long, long time to repair just one road.

Business creating more business.

Good Luck!

Old 12-17-2021, 08:34 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,669,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I wish more Westerners would seek the truth. I wish more Westerners would know that none of this started last month or last year. I wish more Westerners knew who is talking and who is not listening.

I wish more Westerners knew just who is flying nuclear bombers within 20km of Russias borders and who has not only been assaulted numerous times in its history by Westerners and has always had to live with a sword hanging over their heads.

In the above video the Russians state plainly and clearly a concept. Security for all or security for no one.

I wish Westerners understood that Russians are people too. They have a right to exist as a nation and culture.

I wish Westerners knew about just what happened in Ukraine 7 years ago and how little choice the PEOPLE of Ukraine actually had in it.

I HOPE Westerners understand that belligerence will bring death to their door if this goes too far
Your reply doesn't have much to do with my post.

It has nothing to do with when it started.

And it certainly has nothing to do with Russia having a right to exist.

Old 01-18-2022, 03:12 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,163 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I wish more Americans would read things like that because we really can't even imagine, these days, having that kind of sword hanging over our heads, with someone much stronger moving in on you, when you're helpless to stop it by yourself.

In Ukraine, Grinding War and Weary Anticipation of Invasion by Russia
This is what the war has been like for years, a slow, bloody grind that set in after both sides fought to a stalemate over territory seized by Russian-backed forces in 2014. Now Ukrainian and Western officials say something more ominous could be building.
For the fighters dug into an ant farm of muddy trenches on both sides of the conflict in Ukraine, talk of a new war might seem puzzling. For them, the old one never ended. A 2015 cease-fire between the Ukrainian government and the Russian-backed forces in two separatist enclaves brought an end to the most serious hostilities in a conflict that has cost more than 13,000 lives. But it did not bring peace.
https://alliedtroops.net/in-ukraine-...ion-by-russia/
The RAF sent some weapons and supplies to Ukraine, although they had to fly around Germany.

Looks like Germany doesn't want to upset their Russian friends.

NATO allies no longer allowed to fly over Germany, that's a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKDJ

Two British C-17 transport aircraft carrying weapons to Ukraine were forced to fly around German airspace after Germany refused to supply defensive weapons to Ukraine.

Tens of thousands of Russian troops are positioned close to the Ukrainian border, according to the UK Defence Secretary, “Their deployment is not routine, and they are equipped with tanks, armoured fighting vehicles, rocket artillery, and short-range ballistic missiles”. This build-up has resulted in Ukraine requesting assistance from allies, with two British transport aircraft heading to Ukraine with anti-armour weaponry.

British aircraft avoid Germany on Ukraine weapon supply run - UKDJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies