Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2022, 10:08 PM

26,579 posts, read 14,449,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
.... I didn't say it was illegal (though it's hard to imagine that is isn't). I said it was cheating or illegitimate, ....
exactly how can it be "cheating" without it being a violation of election law?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2022, 11:43 AM

20,871 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Quote:
There was a lot of proven/admitted Democrat cheating in Wisconsin.
No, there wasn't. You just don't like the results, so you call it "cheating".

Old 01-14-2022, 12:48 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
...There was a lot of proven/admitted Democrat cheating in Wisconsin.
Name the top 3 categories of "cheating" that was proven/admitted to in Wisconsin, please.

Old 01-15-2022, 08:34 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,349,032 times
Quote:
No, we don't prove things through the courts. I don't have access to the courts because I don't live in Wisconsin. And here you are trying to prove things even though this is not a court. Are you out of your mind?

There is simply no way to claim that the Wisconsin Election Commission did not act illegally when it told people to engage in ballot harvesting prohibited by statute. You're just not paying attention and therefore too ignorant to accept the fact that the illegality is absolutely undeniable.

And everything Zuckerberg is accused of doing is undisputed. By the way, I didn't say it was illegal (though it's hard to imagine that is isn't). I said it was cheating or illegitimate, and the headline of this thread is extremely dishonest. There was a lot of proven/admitted Democrat cheating in Wisconsin.
The party who makes the claim must bring the evidence. You're making the claim. I'm stating that the null hypothesis, that there was no fraud, is the case.

The fact you made the claim means that you bring the evidence, and your feelings aren't evidence. Neither are fringe websites or Youtube.

You haven't brought the evidence, and you certainly haven't brought any proof. You won't, either.

Old 01-15-2022, 09:48 AM

26,579 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
The party who makes the claim must bring the evidence.
yep. a point commonly ignored on this forum which forces the other person into the often impossible position of trying to prove a negative:

"unicorns exist!!!"

"...no they don't."

"prove me wrong!"

"here are video and photos of unicorns not existing"

Old 01-19-2022, 08:40 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
The party who makes the claim must bring the evidence. You're making the claim. I'm stating that the null hypothesis, that there was no fraud, is the case.

The fact you made the claim means that you bring the evidence, and your feelings aren't evidence. Neither are fringe websites or Youtube.

You haven't brought the evidence, and you certainly haven't brought any proof. You won't, either.
There is no null hypothesis.

Anyway, it's in the report that is the basis for the article cited in the original post of this thread, the one that allegedly found no fraud.

https://will-law.org/wp-content/uplo...ummary-web.pdf

The "Conservative Group" this thread is about filed a lawsuit styled Teigen v. Wisconsin Elections Commission on behalf of two Waukesha County voters in June 2021. The lawsuit challenged the legal status of absentee ballot drop boxes after the WEC issued guidance in 2020 encouraging the use of absentee ballot drop boxes and telling voters that anyone else can return their ballot for them.

Six days ago, the group won the lawsuit by summary judgment. The court ruled that there are only two legal methods to cast an absentee ballot: through the mail or in-person at a clerk’s office.

Old 01-25-2022, 10:13 PM

1,438 posts, read 779,459 times
Wisconsin has only has only been won once by Republicans once since 1988 and that was in 2016. Why do Republicans think they are automatically awarded the state's electoral votes? I don't understand the entitlement. All the evidence over the decades points to the fact that Wisconsin is not a red states. Republicans are not entitled to Wisconsin's votes and almost always are rejected by its' citizens. Time to accept it.

Old 01-26-2022, 10:05 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:

Anyway, it's in the report that is the basis for the article cited in the original post of this thread, the one that allegedly found no fraud.

The "Conservative Group" this thread is about filed a lawsuit styled Teigen v. Wisconsin Elections Commission on behalf of two Waukesha County voters in June 2021. The lawsuit challenged the legal status of absentee ballot drop boxes after the WEC issued guidance in 2020 encouraging the use of absentee ballot drop boxes and telling voters that anyone else can return their ballot for them.

Six days ago, the group won the lawsuit by summary judgment. The court ruled that there are only two legal methods to cast an absentee ballot: through the mail or in-person at a clerk’s office.
And two days ago the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals overruled that judgement by issuing a stay on January 24, 2022 that is in effect through the February 15 primary election.

This is simply Trumplicans trying to restrict voting any way they can. The courts will hash it out.

It's got zero to do with the conservative "Will" group finding NO FRAUD which is the subject of this thread.

There was NO FRAUD found by Will. Right?

Old 01-26-2022, 10:28 AM

8,418 posts, read 7,417,538 times
Quote:

From the linked report above:

Quote:
It is almost certain that in Wisconsin’s 2020 election the number of votes that did not comply with
existing legal requirements exceeded Joe Biden’s margin of victory. This does not necessarily mean that
Biden did not win a majority of the votes of those eligible to vote, but the questions of fraud and unlawful
processes are related.

There was no evidence of widespread voter fraud. In all likelihood, more eligible voters cast ballots
for Joe Biden than Donald Trump. We found little direct evidence of fraud, and for the most part, an
analysis of the results and voting patterns does not give rise to an inference of fraud.
I did like how they sweetened the news of no widespread voter fraud with the sugary but meaningless 'it is almost certain' paragraph.

Old 01-26-2022, 11:37 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
No. No translation needed.
I stated exactly what I said.
A pleonasm does not indicate veracity of statement?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies