Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2021, 07:52 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,234,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
You can still get take out and order for delivery. However, many in this country already live in a third world slum and it has nothing to do with not being able to eat indoors unless vaccinated.
Yes takeout and delivery were so prosperous to all of those restaurants in NYC that had to shut down last year.

YOU can get takeout and YOU can get delivery if that's what YOU want to do.And if a business wants to only offer takeout and delivery let them do that. If they want to only let in people with proof of vax then let them do that. Fortunately most are going to ignore this mandate and do what they want.Unlike the forced shutdowns and no indoor dining, it's mostly theater anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2021, 07:55 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,234,951 times
Quote:
Not allowing someone to dine indoors because of being unvaxxed is in no way the equivalent to what you stated above. Can't dine indoors? Pick it up or have it delivered. Such a simple solution.
afraid to get covid in a restaurant? don't go. simple. eat at home for the next 50 years if you want. You can even wear a mask and face shield in the car by yourself when you drive to pick your food up if you want.

You're really so dense that you can't understand if businesses actually enforced this garbage it's going to hurt them severely.
I've already explained to you why this doesn't even impact me personally as I don't own any restaurants and I am vaxxed but you're not even capable of thinking in such a way. It's just "well I haven't eaten out in 21 months so who cares?"

Old 12-14-2021, 07:56 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,934,145 times
Quote:
No one is impeding anyone's freedom. Being able to dine indoors in Philly has exactly zero to do with freedom.
Tell that to all the small diners that were forced out of business.

A friend in NYC had a local diner that closed. Family owned business of 30+ years, DESTROYED.

I'm sure you threw a party in celebration of that family's "freedoms."

Old 12-14-2021, 08:01 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,414,151 times
A restauranteur pays rent, taxes, etc. based on the sq. footage of the establishment, imagine the hurt of all of that just sitting idle?

Old 12-14-2021, 08:02 AM

8,407 posts, read 4,570,500 times
Quote:
You can always cook at home. Husband and I haven't eaten in a restaurant since March 2020. It's not that hard. Or you can get it to go. Or call Uber Eats or something. Dining out is a luxury, not a necessity.

Having someone change your oil in your car is a luxury as well. Pretty much every service can be viewed as a luxury. How many of these are you willing to give up without there being a clear benefit to you? BTW, while your cooking at home, I assume you killed and butchered your own meat, grew your own vegetables etc. Home ground spices are doable too. Where do you draw the line and partake in unnecessary luxuries?

Old 12-14-2021, 08:03 AM

3,639 posts, read 1,596,085 times
Would not a candidate for mayor in the next election simply promise to repeal the mandate for an easy win? Or do most residents approve of the mandate?

Old 12-14-2021, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Then there is no problem for you. Or for me either, as we don't dine indoors.

So if it doesn't effect you then there is no problem. What if something DOES effect you and not me? A compassionate person looks beyond their own needs and empathizes with others. You never know when the hatchet will come down on your personal activity. Big picture folks.

Old 12-14-2021, 08:13 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,728,957 times
Quote:
Then there is no problem for you. Or for me either, as we don't dine indoors.
Curious why you don’t dine indoors even after the vaccine and boosters have been made available. Maybe it’s not Covid related, just wondering.

Old 12-14-2021, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Just another inflammatory opinion stated as fact, folks. This claim that the city of Philadelphia cares more about public health than crime is not only mendacious, but preposterous.

As far as this mandate: ( proof of vaccination or a negative test within 24 hours until Jan 17th, then only vaxxed thereafter ) it brings Philly closer in line with cities like New York and San Francisco that have required proof of vaccination since August for entry at restaurants and indoor events. Furthermore, most music and entertainment venues in Philadelphia have had a vaccine requirement policy in place for months.

Of course it would never occur to those intent on sabotaging public health ---and to those who fight any and all measures that underpin it--- that supporting vaccination efforts and providing a safe environment for guests and employees is a good thing. And, it may actually increase confidence and attendance by the many citizens who desire to get this country out from under the grip of this fickle virus and the devastating global pandemic it has caused.

All of that might be true if the vaccines actually protected against transmission. Why do you ignore that they don't?

Old 12-14-2021, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Not allowing someone to dine indoors because of being unvaxxed is in no way the equivalent to what you stated above. Can't dine indoors? Pick it up or have it delivered. Such a simple solution.

It would be a simple solution if the only problem was starvation. It goes far beyond that and the fact you don't see it is amazing. Well, it would have been amazing to me 2 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies