Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do Euro-Californians need a specialized housing program to offset the decline?
Yes 15 28.85%
Just build for housing 3 5.77%
No handouts period 27 51.92%
Other or unsure 7 13.46%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2022, 12:02 PM

4,031 posts, read 4,462,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxrob View Post
It’s the state’s fault that white people are aging?

Yes! Housing, education, and tax policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2022, 01:11 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,026,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
Downwardly mobile Whites are being ethnically cleansed out of the metro. That is why the White stats make it appear that Whites are doing well.
BS, there are many Whites living in highly diverse areas within California. They are not being ethnically cleansed. Whites were never subject to forced ethnic cleansing. Yet Blacks did suffer forced ethnic cleansing such as: the latest one was in 1954 Vienna, Illinois White residents burned down all the black homes of Vienna and nearby areas outside city limits. The expulsion was sparked by the murder of an elderly white woman and the attempted rape of her teenage granddaughter by two black menhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ican_Americans

Here is a statement of an old White guy that has lived in California all his life:

I am an old white guy who has lived in California all my life. Everyone here is now a minority. It is amazing how we all get along so well. My city is about 40% White, 40% Asian, 19% Hispanic, and 1% Black. I have never noticed any tension between ethnic groups. California is amazing. It just keeps getting better all the time.

An another white person who has lived in California a really long time: Who cares? Other than our skin color we are pretty much all the same.

https://www.quora.com/How-do-old-Cal...ia-is-becoming

I already know an European immigrant that have just settled in California with his family and they love it.

Old 02-04-2022, 01:16 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Every Euro-Americans should get $1M to stop the outflow.

Old 02-04-2022, 03:26 PM

4,901 posts, read 3,359,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
That's why have to focus on a high net income job right out of high school kids today better have it planned out how they are going to live they will be moving out of state like I did in 1992.
Only reason I am still in California is family. Since I can do my job remotely, I could move out of state to a cheaper location easily.

Old 02-04-2022, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Every Euro-Americans should get $1M to stop the outflow.

In California all Whites should get 1 million each or a massive tax cut for any White person who is willing to move to California or who reproduces. Who was the budget surplus spent on ? Not on Whites. Demand what is yours.

Old 02-05-2022, 07:13 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
...The out of state exodus and declining fertility rates impacts all groups in California, but unlike other groups, there is no major new source of White in-migration to offset the decline...

So what?

Old 02-05-2022, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreNB View Post
Do you know anything about the history of California and how it was settled by European Whites??? Whites literally employed every racist tactic they could to seize land and resources. Ruthlessly and barbarically wiped out Native Americans. Asians, Hispanics, and African Americans all experienced intense racism to varying degrees.

I don’t live nor know many people who live in California, but I highly doubt the “perks” that minorities there receive remotely offset the enormous benefits many whites inherited and continue to enjoy.

Also, in regard to their decline…are you including or not including white Hispanics? Are you taking into account the growing number of people who identify as mixed race, but have a white parent? In a state as diverse as California, it’s very reasonable to expect a decline in people who identify as strictly white.

How do you propose creating a California identity? That is why Calexit was a total failure. Most Californians today are either Americans or immigrants. Very few indigenous and Californios as a proportion of the population.

Old 02-05-2022, 07:56 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,026,203 times
Quote:
How do you propose creating a California identity? That is why Calexit was a total failure. Most Californians today are either Americans or immigrants. Very few indigenous and Californios as a proportion of the population.
Well about 12% of people in California are indiengious peoples. about 750 000 peoples:

Here is a document of someone regarding the plot of Natives
Americans in the Bay area:

This summer, I decided to document the experiences of some of the 140,000 Native Americans who call the Bay Area home. There, 18.50% of the Native population live below the poverty level, versus 10.4% of the white population. Among those living below poverty level, 24% of those are in “deep poverty”.

According to Janeen Comenote, executive director of the National Urban Indian Family Coalition, “poverty remains one of the most challenging aspects to contemporary urban Indian life. While I do recognize that a sizable chunk of our populations are solidly middle class, every Native person I know has either experienced poverty or has a family member who is. Housing and homelessness remain at the top of the list of challenges.”https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ies-california

Many of the elderly Native Americans were forced to separate from their families when they were very young and often not able to see their parents again, and were raised in white households in a policy to Americanise them. Plus the US Government in the 1950s forced so many Native Americans off the resevations into the urban areas, urban areas to become “productive” members of society. It also intentionally placed Indian orphans into the homes of white families. Today, 78% of Native Americans live off-reservation, and 72% live in urban or suburban environments.

Those policies had devastating effects. Relocated tribal members became isolated from their communities. Low paying jobs and higher expenses, combined with the inability to return to reservations which had often been dissolved, left many in precarious circumstances.

So you are advocating White rights where they were never treated like second class citizens, or forced of their traditional lands, or forced enmass to give up their babies to strangers.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ies-california

Do you prescribe to David Lane words on "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children."? David Lane was a criminal who died in prison. But I guess you see him as a great man.

Old 02-07-2022, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
Well about 12% of people in California are indiengious peoples. about 750 000 peoples:

Here is a document of someone regarding the plot of Natives
Americans in the Bay area:

This summer, I decided to document the experiences of some of the 140,000 Native Americans who call the Bay Area home. There, 18.50% of the Native population live below the poverty level, versus 10.4% of the white population. Among those living below poverty level, 24% of those are in “deep poverty”.

According to Janeen Comenote, executive director of the National Urban Indian Family Coalition, “poverty remains one of the most challenging aspects to contemporary urban Indian life. While I do recognize that a sizable chunk of our populations are solidly middle class, every Native person I know has either experienced poverty or has a family member who is. Housing and homelessness remain at the top of the list of challenges.”https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ies-california

Many of the elderly Native Americans were forced to separate from their families when they were very young and often not able to see their parents again, and were raised in white households in a policy to Americanise them. Plus the US Government in the 1950s forced so many Native Americans off the resevations into the urban areas, urban areas to become “productive” members of society. It also intentionally placed Indian orphans into the homes of white families. Today, 78% of Native Americans live off-reservation, and 72% live in urban or suburban environments.

Those policies had devastating effects. Relocated tribal members became isolated from their communities. Low paying jobs and higher expenses, combined with the inability to return to reservations which had often been dissolved, left many in precarious circumstances.

So you are advocating White rights where they were never treated like second class citizens, or forced of their traditional lands, or forced enmass to give up their babies to strangers.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ies-california

Do you prescribe to David Lane words on "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children."? David Lane was a criminal who died in prison. But I guess you see him as a great man.

Where did you get that data? It is way off.

Native Americans in California

"0.8% Native American and Alaskan Native, 0.4% Pacific Islander and 5.1% from two or more races."

"As of 2010, California's Native American population of 362,801 was the most of any state.[51] It also has the most Native American tribes, indigenous to the state or not, but the majority of known Californian Indian tribes became extinct in the late 19th century. The U.S. Census includes Latin American Indian, especially immigrants who belonged to indigenous peoples or who have Amerindian heritage from North and South America."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogr...tive_Americans

Old 02-07-2022, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post

Nothing wrong with that statement. David Lane was a nut but a broken clock....

I prefer Robert Stark's progressive solution of fusing YIMBY and enclavism in California.

Are YIMBYism and Enclavism Compatible?

https://robertstark.substack.com/p/a...ism-compatible
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies