Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2021, 09:40 AM

36,076 posts, read 30,560,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Sorry I am not willing to wade back through the website to find that info for you. Centennial Elementary School should bring up their website.

You need to keep in mind the slant of the articles you are reading and the fact that this was "discovered" by a far right wing activist whose agenda is to take anything the slightest bit race related and connect it to CRT.

This isn't about the school. This is about winning elections.
Then you have no credibility. When everything read by the media, and what I say on their fb page does not support what you are fabricating it appears yours is the slant.
Of course it was a right wing who brough attention to it as a left wing would have if the sign said white families playground night as they always highlight race and make everything about racism. I did not see anything said trying to connect this to CRT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2021, 10:11 AM

26,646 posts, read 13,626,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I had seen that too.

When you ask a community what might want to make them feel more welcome, and they tell you, it's best to try it out. Because when you give a group ownership of their success, and take their ideas, it tends to work out very well. They feel heard and valued.
And if a group of white women said they wanted a playground night for white people they would and should ignore that request.

Old 12-16-2021, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Link?
So the POC have a focus group but need a playground night to discuss educational issues?
Click on the equity tab. This schools’ main focus is on “equity” and teaching kids the principles of BLM, etc. they have many events and committees for kids and parents.
https://centennial.dpsk12.org/

I just read through the equity focus group results and the idea for black only or POC events came as an idea for action based on feedback based on 13 black families who responded to the survey. These events were meant to be “specifically for POC”. Which does show exclusion.

One criticism given by Hispanic families (25 families gave feedback) was that they did not like it when the school separated kids based on race, ethnicity or culture. The solution from the school? Hold events specifically for POC.

You can’t make this up.

Last edited by MissTerri; 12-16-2021 at 10:28 AM..

Old 12-16-2021, 11:05 AM

36,076 posts, read 30,560,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Click on the equity tab. This schools’ main focus is on “equity” and teaching kids the principles of BLM, etc. they have many events and committees for kids and parents.

I just read through the equity focus group results and the idea for black only or POC events came as an idea for action based on feedback based on 13 black families who responded to the survey.

One criticism given by Hispanic families (25 families gave feedback) was that they did not like it when the school separated kids based on race, ethnicity or culture.
Not surprised. All those resources and posters still try to convince us POC need to meet on the playground.

Old 12-16-2021, 11:19 AM

13,389 posts, read 6,390,453 times
Quote:

I just read through the equity focus group results and the idea for black only or POC events came as an idea for action based on feedback based on 13 black families who responded to the survey. These events were meant to be “specifically for POC”. Which does show exclusion.

One criticism given by Hispanic families (25 families gave feedback) was that they did not like it when the school separated kids based on race, ethnicity or culture. The solution from the school? Hold events specifically for POC.

You can’t make this up.
There is no indication of how many people responded which way on the survey.

Without knowing how many people said that, you can't make the point you are trying to make.

No school is ever going to cater to every issue of every single parent.

Old 12-16-2021, 11:20 AM

Quote:
There is no indication of how many people responded which way on the survey.

Without knowing how many people said that, you can't make the point you are trying to make.

No school is ever going to cater to every issue of every single parent.
Yes there is. You can click on the link that says “presentation summary” and find that info. That is where my numbers came from.

Old 12-16-2021, 11:27 AM

13,389 posts, read 6,390,453 times
Quote:
Yes there is. You can click on the link that says “presentation summary” and find that info. That is where my numbers came from.
The number's are how many families participated in the survey. The issues listed are either consolidated themes mentioned by more than one person or statements that read "I think....blah blah blah" which indicated they were statements from one person.

One person said they didnt like separating kids by color

Old 12-16-2021, 11:37 AM

3,532 posts, read 2,828,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Democrats were and always have been segregationists. Just look at their dear leader Potato Joe's track record. He began his career advocating for segregation, stating he did not want his children to grow up in a "racial jungle". Of course, going back before that, it was the democrats who fought and sometimes died trying to defend these institutions.
exactly this! /\

Later this week some local Dem with start advocating to give POC there own special seats on the local busses.....right in the back!

Liberalism is clearly a mental disorder.

Old 12-16-2021, 12:01 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,205,004 times
Quote:
How is it not progress if people meet and combine intellects to solve whatever they perceive to be their problems?

Conservatives are always blaming minority parents for not being involved in their children's educations.

Here you have minority parents engaging with the school system in the education of their children.

Why is that a problem?
I think it is good for any parent to get involved in their child’s education. I don’t care about the CRT stuff and don’t think of it as some giant threat. I still think that holding exclusionary events on public school property is cringe.

Old 12-16-2021, 12:03 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,205,004 times
Quote:
There is evidence in one of the articles shared.

I personally think about how my kids would feel if I drove them to their school and they saw the sign talking about POC playground night and then asking me about why their school was planning a fun night for their friends and excluding them. If it was inclusive it would not mention race.
Yep, Blondy lost the plot. Living up to the Blondy stereotype.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies