Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2021, 07:58 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,441,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by b29510 View Post
yes, because united state would be stupid enough to get involved and with 90% of goods mfg in china, that would be a quick cut off, we be hungry in two weeks.
Got to pay the piper at some point. Besides, if China cuts us off, they would go broke in no time. They are reliant on us for money as we are reliant on them for goods. Thing is, if we act soon and swiftly, we can tilt the scale in our favor by finding other manufacturing sites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2021, 08:01 PM

1,173 posts, read 549,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Got to pay the piper at some point. Besides, if China cuts us off, they would go broke in no time. They are reliant on us for money as we are reliant on them for goods. Thing is, if we act soon and swiftly, we can tilt the scale in our favor by finding other manufacturing sites.
Other manufacturing sites? hmm, I wonder where that could be

Old 12-14-2021, 08:47 PM

2,367 posts, read 908,280 times
Quote:
Lol delusional post. Are you a Chinese supporter? If not, where do you get your assertions? Chinese absolutely want to and will try to take Tawain at some point in the not too distant future. Their president SAID AS MUCH.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ssure-campaign
Same reason the US does not make Puerto Rico a state. China wants to control Taiwan, not take it. This control without representation is worse than annexation. If I was a Chinese supporter I'd be saying China wants unification.

Old 12-14-2021, 09:08 PM

9,368 posts, read 6,969,068 times
We have chip fab facilities onshore. Global foundries had a huge footprint in upstate NY.

Many of the chip patents are held by the individual companies so TCMC is just the end fab. Yes there will be a temporary shock to the markets but in a year of two the capacity will be moved elsewhere. Keep in mind if that Taiwan pays their chip employees food wages and the fab process is highly automated. Just to assume that “china” aka Taiwan makes it for 25% of American cost is highly naive.

Old 12-14-2021, 09:43 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,530,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenze View Post
When I buy chips from Mouser, it adds the Trump tax to every chip, resistor, component made in China.

I guess Mouser.com won't sell any chips from CN and TW, but I'll still be able to buy them from Mouser.mx and ship to an address in Tijuana.

The Mexican cartel will make sure they have control of Tijuana if they didn't have already knowing what happened to Taiwan from the Chinese invasion. They will add the Cartel tax to it too.

Old 12-14-2021, 09:55 PM

13,441 posts, read 4,282,506 times
You won't see Kaepernick throwing out his Nike shoes and clothes and returning his millions of dollars protesting China.

Old 12-14-2021, 09:59 PM

6,646 posts, read 2,956,027 times
Quote:
So naive. It takes YEARS to bring a chip plant online. We need to be VERY concerned about China’s intentions with Taiwan and be prepared to do whatever it takes even all out war to stop them. In the meantime, we need to be working on building chips and other things elsewhere.
Eh,...what I am not naive about is recognizing all the doomsayers and world ending topics that pop up here like weeds and yet somehow they still manage to pump out Marvel movies.

This should be a kick in the butt for us anyway. Putting all our 'chips' in one overseas basket. What could go wrong?
That we probably agree on.

Old 12-15-2021, 01:11 AM

1,866 posts, read 647,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
Same reason the US does not make Puerto Rico a state. China wants to control Taiwan, not take it. This control without representation is worse than annexation. If I was a Chinese supporter I'd be saying China wants unification.
Geography make control difficult, just for starter. But now you must add in cultural issues. I work with Taiwanese engineers. None of them consider themselves Chinese. They acknowledge their Chinese ancestry but culturally and psychologically, they consider themselves Taiwanese. So when you take the two together, direct control is the best option for China, and that mean an invasion and the ouster of the entire Taiwanese political leadership. The State of Hawaii or even Puerto Rico is more aligned with the US than Taiwan is with China. That does not mean there are no China sympathizers in Taiwan. But at this time, China seems to be impatient with their progress to change Taiwanese minds.

Old 12-15-2021, 03:48 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenze View Post
China takes Taiwan very soon according to CNN.
Both China and Taiwan will be sanctioned.

90% of chips are made either in China or Taiwan. So, all electronic stores will be empty in a moment.

There will be no new cars, no computers, no smartphones, no IKEA furniture...

Will it be possible to go to Tijuana and bring electronics from there?

So, was Trump saying that we should put America first and make all of this stuff at home instead of relying on tenuous globalism still racist?

Just wondering.

Old 12-15-2021, 05:13 AM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Book of Revelations.. China and Russia invade the west. Time is coming fast.
Yup, we're about to see WW3 under Biden
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies