Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2021, 03:39 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times

Advertisements

You wear a condom grocery shopping?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2021, 03:41 PM

19,807 posts, read 9,367,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
So you're saying the people shouldn't wear condoms because they don't always work?
Honestly, I never heard of a condom causing someone to suffer any kind of severe injury.

I swear that I don't know whether to laugh or cry at some posts, but that one made me laugh.

Old 12-14-2021, 03:41 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
I went to Frys - Kroger store - today and bought things I did not need just to show my support. It was really busy, so I think that everyone is doing the same thing.

Old 12-14-2021, 03:42 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,769,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
You wear a condom grocery shopping?
You wouldn't buy clothes without trying them on would you?

Old 12-14-2021, 03:44 PM

21,865 posts, read 25,154,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Sure I read it. They're going to charge them 50 bucks a month for insurance, they're eliminating the previous 2-week paid period if Covid is contracted.
Grocery clerks, stocking people work their butts off and have been there all through the pandemic for the public, and this is how they're treated? Lots of them will say F this, and go work somewhere else doing the same work.
Yeah, they might. At my grocery store I shop at it's been a lightning pace of advancement. I've watched people who were roping carts and packing bags as brand-new hires get promoted to cashiers and then keyholders. In a union grocery store that kind of advancement just doesn't happen. You might get stuck bagging and and cart wrangling for a few years before a position stocking shelves opens. Nobody goes from roping carts to being a front end shift manager in two years.

I mean we're not talking working for Google. It's retail work, modest salary with good benefits. Cool to see some of the young kids move up though.

Old 12-14-2021, 03:45 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
https://www.wkyt.com/2021/12/14/krog...fvjLm4WY8qkI10

Even though the vaccine does not prevent infection.
It can prevent infection in a lot of people, and it reduces the severity for most people and the risk of hospitalization, it reduces the amount of time a person is contagious which is a big change to the R-naught factor.

If there is a room full of unvaccinated folks and someone inadvertently brings it in, the entire group could (and probably will) get infected.

If the same size group in a room is all vaccinated and someone brings it in, the likely result is that some will have symptoms and no one will get seriously ill.

If that same sized group has just one unvaccinated and someone inadvertently brings it in, there is a chance that one person will catch it and suffer worse than anyone else in the room, including the person who brought it in.

The vaccine slows the spread, it reduces the severity in those who are already vaccinated and reduces the risk of getting seriously ill or dying ... in those who are vaccinated.

In other words the vaccine IS the front line defense against this disease. It reduces hospitalizations and frees up ICU beds for other unexpected disasters.

Do I wish the vaccines we have were better at protecting us? Sure I do, but we work with what we've got, and if people want to be Typhoid Mary types and essentially human super-spreaders, putting us and our customers and our vendors at risk and driving up our insurance costs we don't need them around. Out they go, and good riddance.

~

https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/

Old 12-14-2021, 03:51 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,370,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I went to Frys - Kroger store - today and bought things I did not need just to show my support. It was really busy, so I think that everyone is doing the same thing.
Cool. It will make up for the money they never get from me again.

Old 12-14-2021, 03:53 PM

6,389 posts, read 2,712,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
It's a job, not welfare. You're just as free to leave and find another one as your employer is to take away a pandemic extra bennie or charge an extra $50 in employee contribution or even outright fire you and find someone else to do your job. I understand you hate that anyone but you has any choice to do something that might impact you, but welcome to the world. Snowflakes are all unique and none get special treatment.
Do you mean special treatment like the "vaccinated" receive? Because even though the vaccinated can still get COVID and pass COVID along without even knowing it. They get 2 weeks of sick leave if they get COVID and they save themselves $50/month that they are not being charged.

Old 12-14-2021, 03:56 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,769,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Honestly, I never heard of a condom causing someone to suffer any kind of severe injury.

I swear that I don't know whether to laugh or cry at some posts, but that one made me laugh.
Ever try one that's too small?

Didn't think so...

Old 12-14-2021, 04:00 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
You wouldn't buy clothes without trying them on would you?
No I try on clothes but I had no idea krogers let you try on condoms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies