Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2021, 04:01 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times

Advertisements

Honestly, I never heard of a condom causing someone to suffer any kind of severe injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Ever try one that's too small?

Didn't think so...

Well, since I am a cisgendered woman -- well, no, I can't say that I have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2021, 04:07 PM

2,043 posts, read 855,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It can prevent infection in a lot of people, and it reduces the severity for most people and the risk of hospitalization, it reduces the amount of time a person is contagious which is a big change to the R-naught factor.

If there is a room full of unvaccinated folks and someone inadvertently brings it in, the entire group could (and probably will) get infected.

If the same size group in a room is all vaccinated and someone brings it in, the likely result is that some will have symptoms and no one will get seriously ill.

If that same sized group has just one unvaccinated and someone inadvertently brings it in, there is a chance that one person will catch it and suffer worse than anyone else in the room, including the person who brought it in.

The vaccine slows the spread, it reduces the severity in those who are already vaccinated and reduces the risk of getting seriously ill or dying ... in those who are vaccinated.

In other words the vaccine IS the front line defense against this disease. It reduces hospitalizations and frees up ICU beds for other unexpected disasters.

Do I wish the vaccines we have were better at protecting us? Sure I do, but we work with what we've got, and if people want to be Typhoid Mary types and essentially human super-spreaders, putting us and our customers and our vendors at risk and driving up our insurance costs we don't need them around. Out they go, and good riddance.

~

https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/
There are therapeutics in the pipeline they are going to be coming out within the next few weeks. One by Pfizer and one by Merk. They do the same thing that you describe above. Literally the same thing. There have been therapeutics that work that were rejected by the government and censored. That’s why most of us are mad. I actually recognize what you stated above as factual. I understand that people can still get infected when they’re vaccinated but supposedly it lessens the severity. However, If you follow the real data, not the crap they feed you on the 6 o’clock news, you will quickly see that curve is lessening day by day. And most of us are not interested in taking a fake vaccine every three months for a chance that we might get a less severe version of Covid. Couple that with the fact that they’re hiding data from us and want to keep it hidden. Sorry. I’m not buying it.

My plan is to completely forgo any and all of these vaccines and keep on hand therapeutics that are shown to work. I’ve already had the virus and it barely even touched me. So for now I have natural immunity. And I’m going with that.

These vaccines are NOT SAFE Enough to where the risk reward ratio warrants its use for me personally. And that’s my choice. You start trying to take away my rights as an American citizen based on that? And I’ll start suing people.

Old 12-14-2021, 04:09 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Sure I read it. They're going to charge them 50 bucks a month for insurance, they're eliminating the previous 2-week paid period if Covid is contracted.
Grocery clerks, stocking people work their butts off and have been there all through the pandemic for the public, and this is how they're treated? Lots of them will say F this, and go work somewhere else doing the same work.
?. It only applies to salaried employees.

Anyway, you might be surprised how these front line workers feel about working with irresponsible, self-centered, ignorant co-workers who refuse vaccination. Here's how their union feels about it:

“America’s frontline food and retail workers have faced extreme health risks throughout the pandemic,” United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW) International President Marc Perrone said in a news release. “Today’s action from the Biden administration, while not going far enough, is a critical first step to keep workers safe on the job as COVID-19 dangers continue.”

https://www.foodbeverageinsider.com/...accine-mandate

Old 12-14-2021, 04:13 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
https://www.wkyt.com/2021/12/14/krog...fvjLm4WY8qkI10

Even though the vaccine does not prevent infection.
The powers are determined to get their new world order....
They are just going to keep tightening the screws on the unvaccinnated.... doesn't matter if the vaccines don't work as advertised. They don't care, and there is an agenda here.

Old 12-14-2021, 04:19 PM

21,876 posts, read 25,139,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Do you mean special treatment like the "vaccinated" receive? Because even though the vaccinated can still get COVID and pass COVID along without even knowing it. They get 2 weeks of sick leave if they get COVID and they save themselves $50/month that they are not being charged.
Yup, that's the company policy that applies equally to everyone. When I worked gubmint contractors I got an extra
15 percent for having additional certifications whether I did any work that utilized them or not. People who did not did not. That was the policy. Work didn't change any. I still did the work the certification applied to before I was certified. I just didn't get the 15 percent. Don't like it, you're free to leave. I didn't like government work. Way too much time doing nothing waiting for something I was allowed as a contractor to do.

Today with all the people leaving it's an excellent time to be someone that wants to work. Both of my anti-vaxxer cousins have left jobs for unrelated reasons and moved to better ones. They both need to do spit in a cup once a week. I know, I know. A terrible burden for someone looking for excuses to not work. For someone that does though, lots of opportunities.

Old 12-14-2021, 04:31 PM

8,418 posts, read 4,575,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
This guy gets it.

Nobody is forcing these folks to get the jab. But nobody is required to do business with people who refuse basic hygiene either.

Explain to me what the vaccine has to do with basic hygiene.

Old 12-14-2021, 04:33 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,307,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Sure I read it. They're going to charge them 50 bucks a month for insurance, they're eliminating the previous 2-week paid period if Covid is contracted.
Grocery clerks, stocking people work their butts off and have been there all through the pandemic for the public, and this is how they're treated?
Hourly unionized workers such as the grocery clerks and stock people aren't impacted. This is 66% of the workforce. They still get the free 2 weeks Covid PTO and same rate for insurance IF they have insurance via Kroger.

Only salaried workers are impacted. They still don't have to get the vax. $50/mo extra for health insurance for them IF they get health insurance via Kroger. Sure beats getting fired. Not a bad deal if they don't want the vax. Other companies fire people.

Old 12-14-2021, 04:34 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
If it was about health insurance costs companies would force employees to lose weight.

it's not about health.

Old 12-14-2021, 04:36 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
I started to ask that same question as I equated "basic hygiene" with things like brushing one's teeth. However, the definition of "hygiene" is this:

hy·giene: conditions or practices conducive to maintaining health and preventing disease, especially through cleanliness.

So, although cleanliness is specifically mentioned, so is preventing disease.

However, as I stated, the vaccinated can spread COVID, also. Imo, the pertinent question, is what is the REAL story as far as rates of contagion, and what will the hospitalization rates look like in comparing the vaccinated to the partially vaccinated to the never vaccinated in six months IF such figures will ever be released, and if they ARE released, if they will be the actual factual numbers.

Old 12-14-2021, 04:52 PM

8,418 posts, read 4,575,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I went to Frys - Kroger store - today and bought things I did not need just to show my support. It was really busy, so I think that everyone is doing the same thing.

So you are supporting a store that is screwing their loyal employees that risked their lives during the pandemic. Because that is all they are doing. The stores aren't doing anything to make shopping there or working there any safer, they are simply screwing one group of people who work there over another group. And you cheer them on. This really isn't about safety to you, is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies