Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2021, 05:58 AM

29,527 posts, read 22,704,392 times

Advertisements

This tipping thing has gone out of control. Just do your job already.

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/402436

Quote:
It can be frustrating when you order food from a food delivery service or app like Postmates or DoorDash and you get the dreaded notification that there is no one available to pick up your order and thus it must be cancelled.

But sometimes this doesn’t mean that there isn’t anyone working who’s available to pick up your food — it can mean that the couriers working simply don’t want to.

A new viral TikTok is shedding light on what happens when a customer doesn’t select the option to tip on a DoorDash order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2021, 06:11 AM

6,701 posts, read 2,996,767 times
I kinda don't care. These kinds of apps are just loosey goosey. Pay somebody to go grab food for you. They have nothing to do with the real Store business so you can't really complain to McDonald's , etc,...who actually regulates things.

These apps also add up and get expensive. If you are able to afford using them I'll say you can afford tipping.

It's a good example of of don't like it, don't use it.

Old 12-15-2021, 06:13 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,994,545 times
Overpaying to be lazy. Seems like a swell idea.

Old 12-15-2021, 06:25 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,026,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

They’re sub contractors.

They are doing their jobs.

As a sub, you get the pick the the jobs (deliveries) you take.

Old 12-15-2021, 06:25 AM

5,989 posts, read 2,244,758 times
I have to be honest, if I can choose to only take deliveries that pay a tip then why would I ever bother to pick up non-tip deliveries? We are talking take-out crap food, they are not delivering vital machine parts or a lung for transplant.

Sound like capitalism to me. If there are enough tipped deliveries to keep busy all day then I would likely only take tipped deliveries as well since I would be an independent contractor and set the rules for myself.

Old 12-15-2021, 06:27 AM

15,948 posts, read 12,304,546 times
Go pick up the food yourself if you don't like it.... first world problems... these services have a rather low margin after the parent company takes their cut.

So many quiznos subs locations closed for similar reasons. It's just not a very profitable venture to go into business in... it's not for me at least.

Old 12-15-2021, 06:30 AM

18,549 posts, read 15,608,581 times
Quote:

Or just admit that there is an extra delivery fee and move on with your life.

Old 12-15-2021, 06:44 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,387,223 times
Quote:

Maybe it’s time to consider improving your tipping. This is just a classic example of cost elasticity. Improving your tip will improve your delivery output.

Old 12-15-2021, 07:01 AM

6,389 posts, read 2,720,848 times
Funny that nothing in the video other than the word of some person that those are doordash orders that were never picked up because they did not have a tip. Seems like this want-to-be model found a nice way to get her name out there.

Unless this one McDonalds is doing several hundred Doordash orders and this is only a small percentage. You would think that if this was an actual problem that places like McDonald's would stop taking orders from them if they are really that many orders not being picked up. As it would be very likely the McDonald's who would have to "eat" the cost.

Of course, as someone else said...First World Problems..

Old 12-15-2021, 07:05 AM

6,701 posts, read 2,996,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Or just admit that there is an extra delivery fee and move on with your life.
The restaurant or App may have their own "service fee' tacked in there too on top of that. Plus delivery fee.

If you are using this app then you are doing all right.

Seems like so much extra nickel and diming just for McDonald's of all places. At least get something nicer, lol.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies