Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2021, 12:15 PM

24,297 posts, read 17,014,286 times

Advertisements

My young niece lives in a small city that is not known for its school system. There are a lot of tough kids there and a criminal element lingers while the teachers do their best to maintain control. As a result she attends a private Catholic school but the Leftist ideology has crept into that as well. She has a teacher that has been known to wear a BLM shirt on dress down days. CRT is also being taught. In a casual conversation this past Summer my 11 year old niece said that sometimes she is ashamed that she is white.

I'm surprised that more parents don't pull their kids from public schools because it is terrible what the Democrats and their far Left schemes is doing to our kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2021, 12:19 PM

25,396 posts, read 18,514,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBeerSolid View Post
Exactly, right wing manufactured hysteria.
Yep. Deny your own two eyes and ears. That's the leftist way.

Old 12-15-2021, 12:27 PM

17,385 posts, read 6,715,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBeerSolid View Post
That’s a right wing characteristic. Unless your told what you wanna hear by right wing reactionary talking heads.

Grifting republican voters is easy money. I’d cash into it but then I couldn’t live with myself…
It can't possibly be as easy as brainwashing millennials in the public school system. Obviously that's where you went to school.

Old 12-15-2021, 12:30 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,092,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Change the funding model of public schools so that funding is contingent on students enrolling in them. In other words, abolish school taxes or cut taxes as appropriate and let the schools charge tuition. At the least, change the funding model to a full voucher system where the money follows the student wherever they go (if homeschooled, the money goes to the parents). Then let the free market play out. If the public schools fail, let them fail.

Will some public schools fail to perform and go out of business? Yes. Will some be sold to private school chains? Absolutely. Will some merge with each other? Hell yeah. That's the point.
Can’t have that. Then the Marxists lose control

Old 12-15-2021, 12:31 PM

25,385 posts, read 17,061,067 times
It's been going on for a long time.
I remember around 1980 my daughter was taught corporations are lying to you when they advertise. I questioned the teacher about the wisdom of teaching 3rd graders that adults lie, and she told me there are people in charge who "know a lot more than you or me".

But leftists teachings have now gone too far. It would take a miracle to abolish the federal department of education, but that's what needs to be done. We already have 50 departments of education (one in each state); we do not need a 51st to supervise the others.

Old 12-15-2021, 12:33 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,092,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Yeah, that's got to be it.

Couldn't have anything to do with little white kids being told they are inferior, responsible for all the world's ills, and oppressors. Couldn't have anything to do with leftist bull**** propaganda being pushed rather than basic western civilization knowledge. Couldn't have anything to do with lunatic teachers claiming that math, writing, grammar, English, science, etc, are racist concepts. Couldn't have anything to do with the standards being put so low that it is a complete and infernal waste of time for any child with an IQ above 20 to even BE in those "classrooms."

The policy of teaching the "three Rs" and then on to a trade school or apprenticeship program is where this nation needs to return. Learning that there are 546 genders is of no value at all in a productive workplace. And learning that whitey is evil has no value either.
Exactly.

These commies think they know everything but know nothing

Old 12-15-2021, 12:38 PM

16,951 posts, read 12,509,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Our town of 8,000 has 6 school buildings and the idiots just passed a bond issue to build another one. Well there is 7 if you count the new administration building.
WHERE?

Im in property tax crazy NJ and there are 1.25 buildings in similar population.
1 K-8 school
1/4 of a high school we share with 3 other towns.

Old 12-15-2021, 12:42 PM

19,687 posts, read 10,012,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
WHERE?

1 K-8 school
SW Missouri and I miscounted. There is a huge high school, a middle school, 3 elementary schools, a vo tech building, a performing arts center, the administration building and a preschool.

Last edited by Floorist; 12-15-2021 at 12:52 PM..

Old 12-15-2021, 12:44 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,761,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
WHERE?

1 K-8 school
If your school can't afford to build enough facilities to comfortably accommodate students in property tax crazy NJ, given the amount of tax you guys pay over there, that's a spending problem, not a funding problem.

Old 12-15-2021, 12:44 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,871,372 times
Did I misread the article...it seems the decline in public school enrollment is because of a decline in children in those areas? So liberals are responsible for smaller families, less families in urban areas?

The author of the article clearly identifies a significant decline in the population of school age kids as the reason but then at the end of the article -- with no statistics just a claim that private schools are seeing record applications -- no back up -- just that statement....and then surmises it is all because of public school policies, etc.

This is a horrible article and clearly does nothing to support the view that people are leaving public schools for private schools.
It clearly proves that the US population percentage of school age children is declining and that is being seen in enrollment at the schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies