Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2021, 08:13 AM

17,505 posts, read 17,408,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
They get staked down here.
And that’s assuming they were staked correctly. To properly drive stakes in the ground you need to angle the stake with the top away from the base and the point aimed at an angle towards the base. This method provides better anchoring support. Most people hammer the stake in the ground straight down or down and out away from the base to stretch the base tight. These methods provide little, if any, resistance from the wind lifting up the bounce house. Some people have received bounce houses that didn’t have all the required stakes to hold it down properly. Using stakes on a sand beach is a wasted effort since they don’t hold well in sand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2021, 08:21 AM

9,446 posts, read 10,736,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I've heard of too many of these incidents, they need to ban the bouncy castle once and for all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by End Game View Post
The safety-nanny's solution to everything.
I have a better idea. How about the adults who set these things up properly secure them. Even better yet, maybe it’s not a good idea to use them on windy days. We don’t need laws to restrict everyone’s behavior simply because some people don’t make good decisions.

It is not the governments job to keep you or your kids safe, healthy or secure. This is America....that is your job. I agree with the second poster I quoted....I am so tired of nanny staters.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:47 AM

26,970 posts, read 13,219,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...WriBLRBX86rSXo
This isn’t the first time a bounce house has gone airborne resulting in children injured or killed. Any idea how to prevent such tragedies?

Could a rigid base that allows to be filled with water weighing down the bounce house and then drained when ready to move work? What about a sand bag type base? Heavy duty tie down straps with at least two screw in the ground anchors?
There have been incidents in a number of countries.

In the UK, an inflatable artwork called Dreamspace killed two adults and injured 15 people when it blew in the air, whilst a number of children have been killed in bouncy castle accidents.

What's happened in Tasmania is extremely sad, and my thoughts go out to those who died, and their loved ones.

'We saw a terrifying drop and must have fallen into it' - The Guardian

Bouncy castles: What are the rules on safety? - BBC News

Old 12-16-2021, 08:48 AM

14,460 posts, read 11,226,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I have a better idea. How about the adults who set these things up properly secure them. Even better yet, maybe it’s not a good idea to use them on windy days. We don’t need laws to restrict everyone’s behavior simply because some people don’t make good decisions.

It is not the governments job to keep you or your kids safe, healthy or secure. This is America....that is your job. I agree with the second poster I quoted....I am so tired of nanny staters.
Oh knock it off, there have been literally tens of thousands of products that have gone the way of the Dodo Bird because they were killing and maiming people. Even when these things aren't flying away, they are causing concussions and knocking out teeth.

How did we ever survive as a society without bouncy amusements?

Old 12-16-2021, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Oh knock it off, there have been literally tens of thousands of products that have gone the way of the Dodo Bird because they were killing and maiming people. Even when these things aren't flying away, they are causing concussions and knocking out teeth.

How did we ever survive without nanny staters telling us what to do? The world went on just fine without people telling us to wear seatbelts, helmets, warn us that Big Macs make you fat and not to eat the lead paint.

Most products are dangerous if not used properly. It is the responsibility of the user to follow the proper instructions for safe use of any product. It is high time nanny staters are told to mind their own business.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:57 AM

45,322 posts, read 26,898,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonMB View Post
They only have a 0.000001% chance of death so why bother staking them down or not using them during high wind or taking any precautions at all?
That's a great stat until it's your kid or my kid.

At least there should be an adult or two on the scene to specifically keep track of what's going on.

Old 12-16-2021, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
That's a great stat until it's your kid or my kid.

At least there should be an adult or two on the scene to specifically keep track of what's going on.
Of course there should be an adult supervising toddlers who are playing. That is common sense. What is not common sense however is the suggestion that government should be involved in how these things are used or in their outright banning. We don’t need government regulating everything in the name of safety. Sometimes bad things happen as a consequence of stupidity....nothing will change that fact. We don’t need to react as a society ever time an accident happens.....that is how we got the nanny state to begin with.

What is next? Regulations on hammer use because some people smash their thumb? Regulation of saws because some people cut off their hand? Cars kill thousands....ban them? You can cut yourself with a knife???dangerous product?

These people need to be stopped

Old 12-16-2021, 10:23 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,547,782 times
A guy I see around here with a bouncy castle, just attaches it to his truck.

Old 12-16-2021, 10:40 AM

10,129 posts, read 6,700,924 times
Just use some darn common sense. Get the government out of everything.

Old 12-16-2021, 10:54 AM

7,234 posts, read 3,420,549 times
Quote:

liberals always looking for a victim to name a law after. it must be exhausting always making a difference
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies