Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2021, 12:22 PM

29,452 posts, read 16,443,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Then it isn't an LGBTQ club.

Does the black student union NOT talk about being black?

Another DUH.
Talking about being gay is not the same as telling someone they have to be gay

same as talking about being black is not the same as grabbing some random white person and telling them they must now identify as being black(which is what you are claiming )

it is indeed a DUH moment, but not in your favor. Again, you cant be serious, you destroyed your own argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2021, 12:23 PM

13,565 posts, read 4,871,962 times
Quote:
Because that's biology.

Was there a club that had to tell you about liking girls? Nope.

So why are there clubs to tell kids to be LGBTQ? That's where the brainwashing is.
I'm sure most of the kids joining the LGBTQ club are joining because they are...LGBTQ.

Old 12-17-2021, 12:23 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,902,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Everyone else wasnt put in jail or killed for simply being alive.

Im 29, and I can remember being 10 and my neighbor being put in jail because he identified his roommate as his boyfriend. It meant the police officer could confirm he was gay and therefore at some point committed sodomy understate law .

Again, there is no way your post is serious unless you are oblivious to what has happened to gay people around the world and specifically here in the US.
What are you talking about.

Are you seriously stating that gay people are jailed just for being gay today in the US?

Better get the word out to all those clubs so they stop meeting.

Old 12-17-2021, 12:31 PM

19,141 posts, read 16,970,121 times
Quote:
What are you talking about.

Are you seriously stating that gay people are jailed just for being gay today in the US?

Better get the word out to all those clubs so they stop meeting.
This breaks down the laws pretty good if you want to read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_r..._United_States.

The last states didn't decimalize same-sex sexual intercourse until 2003

Old 12-17-2021, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
This breaks down the laws pretty good if you want to read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_r..._United_States.

The last states didn't decimalize same-sex sexual intercourse until 2003
I'm well aware of the history.

The posters pretending that cops are out rounding up people just because they are gay on a daily basis, well, that's insane.

Old 12-17-2021, 12:44 PM

19,141 posts, read 16,970,121 times
Quote:
I'm well aware of the history.

The posters pretending that cops are out rounding up people just because they are gay on a daily basis, well, that's insane.
Well the poster show he's in Alabama and currently 29, when he was 10 that would have been 2002 and sodomy was still illegal in Alabama at that time.

just a guess...

Old 12-17-2021, 12:45 PM

38,625 posts, read 26,307,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Child abuse is telling kids they will burn forever if they don’t obey their church. LGBTQ stuff is pretty mild in comparison.
Nazis murdered children, so we can do whatever we like to them now because it's not as bad?

Old 12-17-2021, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Well the poster show he's in Alabama and currently 29, when he was 10 that would have been 2002 and sodomy was still illegal in Alabama at that time.

just a guess...
I can quote instances of injustice from history as well. Are cops rounding up gays and arresting them today? No.

And if it happened in 2002, as you are claiming when it happened, that poster can link to the documentation that proves his neighbor was arrested for whatever he thinks he was arrested for. Be happy to take a look at the charges. Rather than just accept the memory of a 10 y old, as you are claiming he was.

My gay neighbor had an affair with a married man he worked with. Married man became enraged when he broke it off. Threatened him at work, which was a public/government organization. At one point gay neighbor took refuge at our house as married man was driving around the neighborhood looking for him. My sister drove gay neighbor's car into our back yard to hide it so it looked like he wasn't even home. We protected him.

Gay neighbor negotiated 1 year off with full pay and a job change to a higher pay scale when he returned, because the company did not want a lawsuit. This was about 1997.

So there's that.

Old 12-17-2021, 12:55 PM

The trajectory is tolerate -- accept -- promote.

We are in the promote stage. it's not enough that you tolerate, it's not enough that you accept, you have to promote it as an ally.

That's what these clubs have done. If you don't promote it, you're a bigot.

Old 12-17-2021, 12:59 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,927,604 times
Quote:
The trajectory is tolerate -- accept -- promote.

We are in the promote stage. it's not enough that you tolerate, it's not enough that you accept, you have to promote it as an ally.

That's what these clubs have done. If you don't promote it, you're a bigot.
There is no promoting. Normalizing is not promoting -- it's normalizing it.

I don't know what kids you have interacted with to have such a poor perception about kids today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies