Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2021, 06:30 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The durability of immunity derived from a prior infection is uncertain and not permanent, as new variants emerge.
The vaccines are also uncertain and not permanent.

I've had covid and had my 2 shots. I'm covered! No boosters!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2021, 06:31 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,438 times
Massive explosion of Covid among the vaccinated now.

The virus has adapted and is now targeting the vaccinated.

Old 12-17-2021, 06:32 AM

18,547 posts, read 15,584,312 times
Both parties act like they have a dictator on top. For the R party, it is Trump, for the D party, it is Walensky. 'Nuff said.

Old 12-17-2021, 06:34 AM

17,402 posts, read 14,637,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Massive explosion of Covid among the vaccinated now.

The virus has adapted and is now targeting the vaccinated.
This is honestly pretty accurate from what I'm seeing in NYC.

Of all the positives (and there has been A LOT in the last couple of days) of my kid's coworkers and friends - the ones turning up positive are vaccinated.

The ones (so far) who are negative are the ones who've had covid.

Old 12-17-2021, 06:35 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,457 times
What a great time to fire health care workers!

Since the playbook they are going from is "Do What Didn't Work Last Time" I guess it will be masks, closures, capacity limits, curfews, remote 'schooling'...all over again.

I gotta say, at this point remote 'schooling' sounds better than kids having filthy cloth over their faces and eating lunch on the cold pavement. They won't LEARN, but at least they will breathe and see human facial expressions.

The seasonal surges last about 45 days, then they are over. But, sure, let's completely destroy society for that. Again. We can pick off the few businesses that managed to make it through the first few waves.

I wonder if they are putting up monoclonal antibody sites in parts of NY seeing these surges? Where I live they are not. This isn't even a thing that anyone discusses. My husband's doctor was clueless about it.

Old 12-17-2021, 06:36 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
My kid is responsible for 3 of those tests in NYC the last couple of days.

People are "required" to test if they've been in contact with someone who has tested positive.

My kid's co-workers and friends have all been testing like fools over the last week because there have been so many positives lately ... and not a single one of them are truly sick. (Except for a runny nose here and there.)

All of the positives are fully vaccinated - and quite a few are boosted as well - and they're still turning up positive.

The wait for testing in NYC is insane - couple hours in line at least. Everyone and their brother is testing.

I 100% believe that it's omicron - and that's it's much more transmissible but MUCH more mild.

It is officially the pandemic of the vaccinated. All those Broadways shows that have been closed have been due to fully vaccinated individuals testing positive - the theatre world is one of the strictest when it comes to taking measures to protect themselves. And yet, it's running rampart through them.

This is freaking nuts. People are quarantining over basically the common cold at this point.
Aren't they tracking it is still Delta that is the prominent variant?

Old 12-17-2021, 06:38 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Are you suggesting that "because they are liberal, COVID thrived"? That is ridiculous!

What do you think the cause and effect REALLY are? My guesses:
New York City has high concentration of people, living and being in close quarters
Mask Mandates are not being followed at all (and someone wearing a mesh-mask is not in compliance)
Distancing is basically not possible
Still a lot of unvaxxed people

Just look at it objectively, without your partisan blinders, and you could see why New York is not somehow immune to this virus, rather they are seeing a spike like much of the rest of the world. It seems a winter-spike is inevitable. Certainly not the 'fault of democrats", and I would agree that "vax/mask/distance" will not magically shield the entire population from the virus (especially since those things are not really being followed).

It's all good, 20 years from now, someone will reveal they have COVID, and you'll blame it on Biden and his Librul agenda. SMH.
The point is lefties are all about attacking Republicans when it happens in Red or Purple states, but refuse to do the same when it happens in Blue states.

Red states in the south get their biggest surge in the summer because it's hot and people go inside, just like the north get's theirs in the winter because it's cold and people go inside. The issue is when it's the Red states that get their summer surge you lefties make it all political, but when it's the blue states you don't blame the Democrats. It's the complete hypocrisy of the left that is the issue.

Old 12-17-2021, 06:40 AM

17,402 posts, read 14,637,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Aren't they tracking it is still Delta that is the prominent variant?

The last I saw is that their "guess" is that about 15% of cases in NY & NJ are omicron.

And that was from a few days ago. Since omicron is replicates 70 times faster than delta, I'm sure all these new positives are omicron.

Old 12-17-2021, 06:43 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Same old broken record. Vaccinated people die of COVID too.
Speaking of broken records, you are basically making the argument that "since it's not 100%, it's a failure" and choosing to ignore the FACT that a huge majority of the people becoming seriously ill are the unvaccinated, even though they are the minority of the population.

Another way to look at the facts you choose to ignore: 90% of the cases are observed in what, 30% of the population. (40%? 20%? Take your pick of what number is unvaccinated, they are a minority and account for a huge MAJORITY of people needing medical attention).

I have to assume you spread the misinformation on purpose.

There are valid reasons (I suppose) for someone to not want to be vaccinated, and in the end, it is absolutely a personal choice. But don't use crazy arguments to make that decision. Instead, understand the facts, and admit that you know there is a risk to yourself, and to others, and that after reviewing the data, you are willing to take that risk.

^People drink and drive and still live too.
People survive wrecks without seatbelts sometimes too.
People commit crimes and don't get caught too.

Are you doing those things, because a small minority get away with it.... ...."too"?

Old 12-17-2021, 06:43 AM

117 posts, read 39,186 times
Nothing about COVID makes any sense. The only logical explanation to all of this is that it is all political. It is simply a very sensitive test that gives a positive result for just about anything. I am surprised grown ups are falling for this, but this is a consequence of modern life. We are now looking at LCD screens to tell us what reality is, rather than looking at what is going around us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies