Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2021, 09:51 AM

472 posts, read 244,298 times

Advertisements

The goal posts will be continuously moved from now until this clown show ends. No one will be "fully" vaxxed until they've had the latest and greatest booster. If this doesn't help to wake the masses up, I don't know what will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2021, 10:08 AM

43,093 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Just keep your eye on Israel. What they do...we do 3 months later.

Boosters...Israel and then 3 months later the US
3 shots...Israel and then 3 months later (now) the US is talking about it.

Israel actually demoted anyone with only 2 shots as "unvaccinated" first week of October.

Old 12-17-2021, 10:13 AM

15,834 posts, read 6,539,575 times
It was predicted early on that this pandemic would become endemic. That inevitably means that vaccines will need to be revised along with it. Dr. Fauci is a scientist and he understands that treatments will need to change over time as new data is acquired and the technology improves. But I understand that those who are strongly conservative in nature will have trouble dealing with change.

Old 12-17-2021, 10:14 AM

4,659 posts, read 4,973,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB71 View Post
The goal posts will be continuously moved from now until this clown show ends. No one will be "fully" vaxxed until they've had the latest and greatest booster. If this doesn't help to wake the masses up, I don't know what will.
Haven't had the latest booster? Report to your local vaccination center within x days, or we press a button and turn your driver's license off. That's our future unless we shove the narrative off a ledge, and end this in short order. And we don't end this by following "the experts" -- nothing they say ever works. Mass noncompliance seems to be the only way.

Old 12-17-2021, 10:30 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
The virus evolves. Vaccines become less effective over time. It’s not surprising that boosters are needed to maintain protection.

I don’t understand why some people think that is so scandalous.

Old 12-17-2021, 10:32 AM

25,725 posts, read 18,797,332 times
The "definition" will be the same as the definition for a junkie hooked on heroin. The Neo-Junkie will need a covid "vaccine" fix every few weeks in order to keep his or her or its on that smooth, thoroughly sensual Woke High.

What a great way for the Population Bomb Radicals to wipe an entire species from the face of the earth. After the tenth injection, when it is far too late to do anything about it, and everyone starts dropping over like flies, we hear from Big Pharm, "Shucks. We didn't think there would be any side effects. No. Really. We didn't." (wink, wink)

Old 12-17-2021, 10:34 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Why? They're nearly all vaccinated anyway.

Your posts are really good. You just need to take the next step. You seem to want to hang on to a shred of hope that this vaccination campaign isn't totally rotten to the core. I empathize with that. But this isn't spreading in nursing homes because of a tiny handful of unvaccinated people. It's spreading because it's a virus doing what viruses do, and the vaccine's effectiveness is almost nothing like what people think of when they think of a vaccine.

You're right to hate to tell people what to do. So don't! Trust me, I have never regretted a single comment I've made against this vaccination campaign. I'm not saying I've been right about every single thing; no one has. I'm just saying my comments have come from a place of honest skepticism, and I'm glad I've trusted my instincts. What do your instincts actually tell you the effect of vaccine mandates in nursing homes is going to be?
Everything you said was true, but the sticking point is the hospitalization data clearly shows the vaccines work at least for a little while. Everything I've researched when it comes to science suggests they should work for a while to prevent severe disease. They will not stop the virus from infecting a person and them spreading it, and their effectiveness against Omicron will probably be limited to just 2-3 months.

I get the hesitancy towards mRNA vaccines. I preach Novavax, Covaxin, Sinovac, and new formulations for the Omicron variant because I want society to go back to normal, I don't want them to peddle this crap for the next 10-20 years. If hospitals are "really" being filled up with elderly covid patents, something needs to be done about it besides lockdowns, masks, remote learning for kids, masking up in schools, and crap that doesn't do a damn thing other than make democrats feel good about themselves.

If hospitals are truly not above capacity on a large scale, and by large scale I'm talking more than 10-15% of them.. if it's 1%, then they are peddling crap to us and they need to shut up already. The whole goal is to not eliminate deaths, it's to stop hospitals from being overfilled and to make sure there is the staff for elective procedures and other non-covid related issues also. Plus they've had 2 years to increase capacity now. They can use this mismanaged irresponsible fiscal stimulus and at least use it to shore up our medical system so we can handle surges without collapsing.

Maybe there is just a large scale labor shortage problem due to low birth rates and the welfare state affecting all of society that is the issue... that there simply isn't the manpower to build ICU capacity, much less staff it. In that case covid is just a symptom of a more chronic long term problem we will have to address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Were there any authoritarian mandates in South Dakota last time? I was there in late summer of 2020 and the whole place seemed pretty laissez-faire about the virus.
Only in early 2020 was there true closures of things. Since then mask mandates are the worst we've had to endure, and 80% of people didn't comply with them anyways, and now 95% of people are mask free basically living normally.

Last edited by sholomar; 12-17-2021 at 11:00 AM..

Old 12-17-2021, 10:44 AM

16,554 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
This variant is going to re-start this whole narrative that looked like it was coming to an end. Sigh. I'm curious to see how many authoritarian mandates we see here in SoDak.
Were there any authoritarian mandates in South Dakota last time? I was there in late summer of 2020 and the whole place seemed pretty laissez-faire about the virus.

Old 12-17-2021, 10:45 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,192,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...and each time he's said he knows what he's talking about

what a joke....

then trash people that don't believe him any more....who in their right mind would?
But haven’t you heard, Fauci is the Science!

Old 12-17-2021, 10:50 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
According to Doctor Death, it's almost time to redefine "fully vaccinated".

Fauci says a redefinition of fully vaccinated is ‘on the table’

Now who could not have seen this coming after "it's just two weeks"?
It cracks me up how the US is aligned with global protocol, and you guys STILL find a way to make this about partisan politics.

The virus has changed, and the recommendations have changed to reflect that. What a crime!

I got my booster before the Omicron, my wife is fully unvaccinated and plans to stay that way. Other than a few spats about who's turn it is to do the dishes, we manage to get along just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies