Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2021, 11:29 AM

227 posts, read 856,367 times

Advertisements

Posted by sholomar: The few times I've gone to the hospital since the pandemic this whole "flooding the ICU" thing was grossly overexaggerated according to hospital staff.

Agreed. We have 2 RN family members both working in 2 different hospitals here in FL. Both say their ICU's are fine. This is as of 5 days ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2021, 11:34 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
I got 3 shots. I am done at this point, especially as science is showing Covid has now decided it doesn't care if your are vaccinated or not.
I know of an immune compromised vaccinated person who got very mild symptoms but they are boosted. Their medical team (extensive because of health issues) agreed that the vaccines helped to keep her out of the hospital.

I don't think I have underlying issues but I will continue to get boosted as they find it helps to ease the impact if you do get the virus.

I get frustrated with the campaigns to vilify unvaccinated people. There is nothing to prove this helps to get more people vaccinated, nor does it slow the spread of the virus.

It is clear we have to focus on what the stats tell us and we each should make our decision based on that.

I am comfortable getting vaxxed. I have yet to get COVID in spite of traveling, concerts, outings, etc. Whatever I'm doing is working -- lol.

Old 12-17-2021, 11:36 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The virus evolves. Vaccines become less effective over time. It’s not surprising that boosters are needed to maintain protection.

I don’t understand why some people think that is so scandalous.
What's scandalous is the singular path of treating a viruses being sold by faux science. You forget we co-evolve with viruses. Viruses lose their lethality over time and we reach an impasse of sorts.

Q. Who doesn't know this? A. The media and the jab mafia

Old 12-17-2021, 11:38 AM

6,804 posts, read 9,354,170 times
It’s a shame that Democrats love this virus so much that they want to keep the fear and panic going.
It’s fine to be vigilant, but at this point, it doesn’t seem like Omicron is worth all of the hand wringing we’ve been hearing. At some point, we need to learn to live with the virus, and get ourselves back to some semblance of normal.

Old 12-17-2021, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridgerider View Post
Posted by sholomar: The few times I've gone to the hospital since the pandemic this whole "flooding the ICU" thing was grossly overexaggerated according to hospital staff.

Agreed. We have 2 RN family members both working in 2 different hospitals here in FL. Both say their ICU's are fine. This is as of 5 days ago.
But Florida 's big numbers were in August not now. How did those hospitals do in August?

Old 12-17-2021, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
It’s a shame that Democrats love this virus so much that they want to keep the fear and panic going.
It’s fine to be vigilant, but at this point, it doesn’t seem like Omicron is worth all of the hand wringing we’ve been hearing. At some point, we need to learn to live with the virus, and get ourselves back to some semblance of normal.
Not sure it is all Democrats.

I'm in a group of friends that are all conservatives except for me/my husband. We are more inclined to not mask up, to go out to concerts fly internationally than all of them.

Old 12-17-2021, 11:44 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
The virus is not standing still, the science evolves, so are you surprised the guidance changes?
But wouldn't you think that the self proclaimed 'expert' would actually show some wisdom in this? Well, he wasn't very wise when he chose to move his GOF research to Wuhan instead of shutting it down as he was instructed to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
It was predicted early on that this pandemic would become endemic. That inevitably means that vaccines will need to be revised along with it. Dr. Fauci is a scientist and he understands that treatments will need to change over time as new data is acquired and the technology improves. But I understand that those who are strongly conservative in nature will have trouble dealing with change.
Dr Mengele was a scientist too. Just sayin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The virus evolves. Vaccines become less effective over time. It’s not surprising that boosters are needed to maintain protection.

I don’t understand why some people think that is so scandalous.
Might have something to do with all the vaxx injuries and deaths.

I am vaxx injured. A colleague's pregnant wife got vaxxed. She lost her baby. Why the hell was she allowed to have the vaxx while pregnant? Oh wait - she was pressured into it by the authorities! Want to travel out of town? Gotta get a vaxx passport otherwize a recent negative covid test required. See what's wrong with that one? The vaxxed can and do get covid and can and do spread covid. 48% of all covid cases in hospital are vaxxed. Known effective therapeutics are banned!

That's what is so scandalous.

Old 12-17-2021, 11:48 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But Florida 's big numbers were in August not now. How did those hospitals do in August?
They were busy, but not if you read the media reports. Apparently all Floridians should be dead by now. The opposite is true, we're thriving.

Old 12-17-2021, 11:50 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
The virus is not standing still, the science evolves, so are you surprised the guidance changes?
It's almost like people (still) don't understand the scientific method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
We have been yelling from the rooftops that this is about control and money, and those who crave control and money will never ever let it go.
What exactly is the optimal outcome, then? I'm still a little fuzzy on who, what, when, where, and why.

Quote:
I say all this as a triple vaxxed person.
Well, thank you for that.

Old 12-17-2021, 12:01 PM

4,548 posts, read 2,271,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
They were busy, but not if you read the media reports. Apparently all Floridians should be dead by now. The opposite is true, we're thriving.
Exactly! We were all supposed to be dead right after spring break 2020.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies