Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2021, 02:24 PM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Oh, now that "filling up hospitals" is turned back on you, it's "poetic license." For months, it was "the news" and "verified accounts from medical professionals," but now that we're talking about vaccinated people, it's "poetic license." What complete hackery.
Yes it is poetic license, "vaccinated filling up hospitals" unless you can find that quote by Fauci.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2021, 02:26 PM

18,742 posts, read 7,613,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Who would have thought? (Anyone with a brain maybe).

So much for those claiming it's only unvaccinated in the hospitals.

NBC News: Hospitalizations rising among fully vaccinated in U.S., Fauci says

"What we’re starting to see now is an uptick in hospitalizations among people who’ve been vaccinated", stated Dr. Fauci.

This is now a pandemic of the vaccinated. Time to fire those who are vaccinated and refuse to get unvaccinated.
The actual quote from the linked article:
Quote:
“What we’re starting to see now is an uptick in hospitalizations among people who’ve been vaccinated but not boosted,” Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Disease, said Tuesday in an interview. “It’s a significant proportion, but not the majority by any means.”
Funny how the OP left out the bolded part, eh? Just an oversight, I'm sure. He wasn't trying to create fear and panic where there wasn't any. Naw, who would do that?

Doctors and scientists have been pointing out for months that the vaccines lose their efficacy after six months or more. That's why they're recommending boosters.

But the hysterics here are suddenly pretending they didn't know that. Never mind that the same hysterics were bashing the vaccines just a few months ago for needing boosters.

So many people these days aren't interested in telling the truth. Instead, they twist and warp the news in attempts to make things seem much worse than they are. I guess they are still looking for their 15 minutes of fame. Whether deserved or not.

Old 12-18-2021, 02:26 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
The science says that vaccines will wear off after 6-8 months, and with Omicron it's more likely that current boosters will only last a couple of months and this idea that we don't need new boosters for this new variant to me seems like flawed thinking, rather than taking a wait and see approach they should be telling these companies to begin producing the new boosters RIGHT NOW so they are ready by late January. Telling people to rely in existing boosters is flawed science. If they work, they will maybe provide a couple months protection against Omicron tops. You are not going to have people get shots every 3 months. Sorry it's not going to happen.

In any case if you are pro-vaccine, you better be boostered especially over age 50ish, but especially over age 65ish. Otherwise take your Zinc, Vitamin D, and lose some weight. Hospitalizations dictate whether we will be exposed to more societal lockdowns that anger a lot of people again. Rumor has it the NFL could be screwed for the next few weeks, with cancelled games and the like because they are so hell bent on trying to prevent positive tests regardless of how mild or severe the cases are.

I say let it spread and let God sort it out. Locking down now would be disastrous. This is a pandemic of the elderly and obese. People under 30-35 generally have nothing to worry about at all, and age 35-60 is a buffer zone that depends a lot on overall lifestyle and genetics. We need to stop treating this virus in such a one size fits all manner.

Nonetheless I suspect by January we will be subject to many of the same lockdowns that were in place early in the pandemic. I have this gut feeling this variant is going to spike cases to the extreme and the previously vaccinated and unboostered especially the nursing home crowd is going to flood the hospitals.
If you are right.... and the jury is still out....

It's time to short the stock market.

Old 12-18-2021, 02:27 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,769,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
NYC is not 80% vaccinated.
Correct. They are 90% vaccinated.

One year after NYC’s first Covid vaccination, 90% of adults have received at least one dose

"New York City has hit a significant milestone in its fight against the virus: 90 percent of all adults in the city have received at least one dose of the vaccine. “We’ve come a long, long way,” Mayor Bill de Blasio said during a press conference on Monday."

90% vaccinated and unvaccinated are banned from life, yet they are having a huge surge and are shutting it down again.

Old 12-18-2021, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Lacking a percentage Fauci's actual statement doesn't quite join up with your misleading title of "filling up hospitals", that is poetic license not based on facts. Yes "significant portion", now you have it always good to provide the actual quote, I know you want to be fair.

So maybe you can list the percentages in some hospital "filling up with unvaccinated", every number I have seen indicates over 80% unvaccinated.
Every hospital will have different numbers and only a small fraction are being fully documented according to the hospital employees, but this one did record them and over 90% were vaccinated. I don't suspect it is nearly that high everywhere yet, but the trend is clear we are headed in that direction.

90% of a Hospital’s Admissions were Vaccinated for Covid-19 and No One Was Reporting This to VAERS

"Physician Assistant, Deborah Conrad, convinced her hospital to carefully track the Covid-19 vaccination status of every patient admitted to her hospital. The result is shocking.

As Ms. Conrad has detailed, her hospital serves a community in which less than 50% of the individuals were vaccinated for Covid-19 but yet, during the same time period, approximately 90% of the individuals admitted to her hospital were documented to have received this vaccine. "

The above report includes copies of the communication with the CDC and FDA.

I think what is clear and what has been clear from day one, is that we never had a detailed breakdown of conditions in the data reporting. People being labeled as Covid deaths without knowing if they died from Covid or with Covid. There has never been proper reporting of adverse events. There is not proper reporting with vaccinated admittances and deaths.

As we are getting closer and closer to running out of people who have not been vaccinated, yet increasing the number of Covid cases and Covid deaths, we will have no choice but to admit what has been obvious to many, including those working in the hospitals.

More interesting info in general:

95-99% Hospitalized Fully Vaccinated

"Reports coming out of Israel claim hospitals are being filled with vaccinated people, 95 percent of whom are suffering serious illness being fully vaccinated."

Old 12-18-2021, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The smart thing politically, would have been to just do away with mask mandates and allow the unvaccinated to travel wherever they wanted, then blame them for the virus refusing to go away. But now, everyone is masked up and unvaccinated are prevented from going out in public. So now.... there is no one for him to blame.
They could just go back to blaming Trump. There's always that for them. But but but but Trump.

Old 12-18-2021, 03:48 PM

35,075 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
OP,

Did you even read the article?

“What we’re starting to see now is an uptick in hospitalizations among people who’ve been vaccinated but not boosted,” Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Disease, said Tuesday in an interview. “It’s a significant proportion, but not the majority by any means.”

When searching for headlines that seem to confirm your existing beliefs, it’s best to read the actual article to be sure.
I suspect strongly that among the vaccinated, especially the "boosted", Omecron, when it comes, will be exceedingly mild. Even my work colleague who had Covid, presumably Delta, in November was working straight through though just not from the office. Ditto an attorney who rents space within our suite. I suspect that much of the media hype is "yellow journalism", see Yellow Panic Journalism - Climate Change & Covid Hysteria Cover Headlines, and very overblown. Hopefully this doesn't provoke another lockdown and ruined lives.

Old 12-18-2021, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Every hospital will have different numbers and only a small fraction are being fully documented according to the hospital employees, but this one did record them and over 90% were vaccinated. I don't suspect it is nearly that high everywhere yet, but the trend is clear we are headed in that direction.

90% of a Hospital’s Admissions were Vaccinated for Covid-19 and No One Was Reporting This to VAERS

"Physician Assistant, Deborah Conrad, convinced her hospital to carefully track the Covid-19 vaccination status of every patient admitted to her hospital. The result is shocking.

As Ms. Conrad has detailed, her hospital serves a community in which less than 50% of the individuals were vaccinated for Covid-19 but yet, during the same time period, approximately 90% of the individuals admitted to her hospital were documented to have received this vaccine. "

The above report includes copies of the communication with the CDC and FDA.

I think what is clear and what has been clear from day one, is that we never had a detailed breakdown of conditions in the data reporting. People being labeled as Covid deaths without knowing if they died from Covid or with Covid. There has never been proper reporting of adverse events. There is not proper reporting with vaccinated admittances and deaths.

As we are getting closer and closer to running out of people who have not been vaccinated, yet increasing the number of Covid cases and Covid deaths, we will have no choice but to admit what has been obvious to many, including those working in the hospitals.

More interesting info in general:

95-99% Hospitalized Fully Vaccinated

"Reports coming out of Israel claim hospitals are being filled with vaccinated people, 95 percent of whom are suffering serious illness being fully vaccinated."
I don't see the hospital indicated and no idea who that Physicians Assistant is making the claim unless she is the one from Batavia, NY that was fired for refusing the vaccine. Like I indicated we are at the tail end of the vaccination efficacy and only 35% have boosted.

Every hospital from upstate is reporting a surge in unvaccinated patients.

Old 12-18-2021, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I suspect strongly that among the vaccinated, especially the "boosted", Omecron, when it comes, will be exceedingly mild. Even my work colleague who had Covid, presumably Delta, in November was working straight through though just not from the office. Ditto an attorney who rents space within our suite. I suspect that much of the media hype is "yellow journalism", see Yellow Panic Journalism - Climate Change & Covid Hysteria Cover Headlines, and very overblown. Hopefully this doesn't provoke another lockdown and ruined lives.
Initial reports are that the Omicron is less deadly but too soon to tell. What we do know that it moves rapidly doubling every 2 days and it has overwhelmed hospital in South Africa, Denmark, UK and many other countries that are at the forefront. We are still battling the Delta with surges in many states like NY, Michigan and it's foolish to believe this will be "mild", we are in for a very bad time in the next few weeks.

Article on Denmark one of the most vaccinated countries around and had 11,000 cases in one day.

Quote:
And then there is the matter of infections. Before this wave, Denmark had never seen more than 5,000 cases in a day. On Friday, it logged more than 11,000 new cases. Within a week, in a moderate scenario, case numbers could hit 27,000. And into January? The institute’s estimates climb higher still, off the Y-axis.

With the surge coming into view, Denmark this month cut the opening hours for bars and restaurants, urged people to work from home, and closed schools seven days earlier than planned for Christmas break. Grove Krause cautioned that the projections didn’t take into account the government’s further moves announced Friday, which include the closure of cinemas and theaters. But even a full lockdown, she said, “won’t stop this from getting out of control.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...riant-denmark/

Old 12-18-2021, 04:18 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,576,646 times
Yeah DemCovid is not nearly as deadly as RepCovid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies